Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious to know if anyone else has switched from Leather to MGV? What was your reason? The more I read about MGV the more I love it. Plus I traded carpet for washout floors in my Badlands model. Saved $2200 and don’t need $160 floor mats. Losing power seats is a bummer but on a 4DR I feel like there will be less adjustments needed for front row seats. I feel great about MGV!
Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The washout interior fits my lifestyle. I would suggest you get some brand of all-weather mats, the ones with a high lip on them. Your shoes/boots will bring in a lot of gravel, plus spills are easily removed by pulling out the mat and dumping it. A vinyl floor and husky mats have been a winner for me for decades.

Glove_fits

Black Diamond
First Name
SLMW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2, M3, 2 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unless it’s one of those lazy boy luxury lumbar support fluffer fancy european car seats.. manual seats are A-OK in my book. And you can still have heated seats if you want. And it weighs less. Mgv for the win

C_Copperpot225

Badlands
First Name
Chester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I originally was going leather and then switched to MGV after reading and seeing more about it. Seems like the better fit for me and add to that the cost savings and it was a no-brainer. I did go with the floor mats for my Badlands though. Still like the idea of pulling them out and rinsing when need be even if the ability to rinse the floors is available.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good call man. I’d definitely get the MGV in my base if I could. That junk will stand up to anything. And if you change your mind later, there’ll be Katskin I’m sure.

Sponsored

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Debating on dropping leather, but the cabin noise is probably going to be even worse without the carpet

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was all in on MGV from the start. I added floor mats to my wash out interior anyways. Not sure why. Did I go too far? I love a good set of floor mats though.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched from MGV to leather because I need the micro~adjustments from the power seats due to young life super stunts, and I think the carpet will help with the road noise when I have the roof on during the triple digit summer weather in SoCal.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just rode in a BL’s with the MGV at Moab. MGV is so comfortable and supple. They don’t feel like plastic in anyway. I would recommend them over leather especially is you have kids. They are legit!

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched from MGV to leather because I need the micro~adjustments from the power seats due to young life super stunts, and I think the carpet will help with the road noise when I have the roof on during the triple digit summer weather in SoCal.
I'm pretty sure power seat don't come with leather in a Badlands. Heated yes, power no.

Correction, your right if your getting a 4 door? Power seats do come with leather. I never considered a 4 door, so I was uninformed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GeorgeFromDallas

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2012 Fisker Karma, F150, F250, F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went from leather to MGV on my 2-door Badlands. Main reason was wanting the washout floor instead of carpet.

Also, I didn’t see the value in adding leather on the 2-door, since you don’t get power seats like with the 4-doors.

My thinking was....
IF the MGV doesn’t play well with Texas humidity, then I could always get recovered with nicer leather from Katzkins or LeatherSeats.com (customs colors and perforated).

Heck, they even offered ventilated seats.

All that and still at/under the $2k+ for oem leather.

Nicer custom leather, ventilated seats. and I get to keep the washout floor!

Zenithon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Dodge Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm about to change it. I have an FE 4D RR with duel tops on order. Since the first night ford started orders, I loved the badlands, but was one of the few that got that FE reservation and since it was pretty much a badlands with a few extras, I decided to go for that instead. Now the whole top debacle has pushed me over the edge. The MIC top wont match the black everything else that's on the FE. The Badlands on the other hand has a grill that is very complimentary to the MIC top. Also, the one thing I really wanted and was disappointed about on the FE was the washout floors. So my plan is to call the dealer before the end of the week and change my FE over to a Badlands, 4D RR with a MIC top and MGV seats. Love the idea of being able to hose this thing out. Still going to be on the lookout for a soft top at some point.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It does look good in the videos. Still love cloth though.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve seen the washout floors and the floor mats in person. I’d recommend getting both. I plan to.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All my life, even in my sports cars I have always been annoyed by carpeted floors. They always get dirty and drive me nuts lol! For that reason the MGV and rubber floors was a godsend to me. That said, I will likely never be using the drain plugs, I know ford says its a wash out interior, but I will just stick with my shop vac and a damp towel when I need to clean the floors and seats. That shop vac will pull caked on mud or anything off of just about any surface!

I was, and honestly am still a bit leery about the vinyl seats, not because of the quality of the vinyl itself as I know marine grade vinyl is not the same thing as the crap you get on a pleather couch. But, rather because its HOT as fuck in the summer in AZ, and even marine grade vinyl doesn't really breath like fabric and will get sweaty. I am hoping the auto start, and otherwise tinting the fuck out of my windows will help that, but I am sure there will be a good few minutes where it will suck, every time I get in the car after a an hour or two parking in direct sunlight. Nothing heats up the inside of the car like 122 degrees. Ugg... why do I still live here?? lol!
Sponsored

Last edited: