Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I finally made the decision to switch to soft top. At the beginning of this month and had an original reservation of 7/14. I still don’t have any update. How long did it take most of you to receive a build date once switched?
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I finally made the decision to switch to soft top. At the beginning of this month and had an original reservation of 7/14. I still don’t have any update. How long did it take most of you to receive a build date once switched?
I'm not sure, I think it took 4-6 weeks for me, I switched just after they announced the hard top prep kit. I'd have gone soft top from the beginning if that would have been part of the deal. I think I got my VIN 6 weeks later, something around that. Might happen much faster for you, I think they're trying to find anything buildable they can still schedule for '21.

Good luck!

And if it doesn't work out, you can switch back to what ever top for '22.

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's tempting for me now that WT will allow soft tops!!!

"Hold the Line" - Marcus Arelius, Gladiator

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It should help speed up the build process but ETA is so difficult to project. Hopefully within 30 days you will have it but no one really knows sadly.

In the meantime. I have the soft top on my badlands and love it. So does my wife. Its not like the thin flimsy soft top that was on my 1991 Jeep Renegade lol. Plenty of headroom and Im 6'1, pretty quiet considering--I can hold a conversation at speed with 37 inch mud tires to boot. Soft top also very versatile. Examples. I like how the rear of soft top lifts when you need something in the back cargo tailgate area. Plus its lighter, easier/faster to open/close than MIC, superior for hard offroading, and it looks better in person than you might think.

I do plan on getting the 2.0 MIC some day to have on hand for whatever reason down the road i.e. if I move somewhere rainy or lots of snow or bronco outside 100% of the time 24/7 365. You can't go wrong having both tops.

Just trying to give you something good to chew on and look forward to while waiting. Hope this helps

Sponsored

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Four weeks for me. Switched to soft top 7/23, got order date/VIN 8/19, built 9/7, assumed the reins 9/14.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm at 366 days since first reserving. I switched from dual tops to soft when it was only hinted the soft top would jump you up the line (late April).

Last edited:

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, I believe they are no longer scheduling for MY21, so you are likely a MY22.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, I believe they are no longer scheduling for MY21, so you are likely a MY22.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
I thought so too. My understanding was to get a 21 you had to have a VIN issued or FE on order.

Who knows, maybe you get lucky! I'm sure they will pull some new builds in this window at some point.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought so too. My understanding was to get a 21 you had to have a VIN issued or FE on order.

Who knows, maybe you get lucky! I'm sure they will pull some new builds in this window at some point.
That's incorrect, They have been scheduling MY21s fairly regularly, and still will be...all soft tops. No more MICs unless you already have a VIN.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's incorrect, They have been scheduling MY21s fairly regularly, and still will be...all soft tops. No more MICs unless you already have a VIN.
that's good, makes sense thx

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This was the case for hardtops, yes, but I believe there was also a cut off date for scheduling. I could be mixed up, though!

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It was a week for me. Switched it on a Wednesday and got the 9/6 build week email the following week. Just got the shipped notification this morning. Should have by October 12.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just over 12 hours for me between switching (Sept 1) to receiving a VIN and build week (Sep 2). BL 2.3/7MT CO tow high
Sponsored