Sponsored

Switching dealers now that some of us are bring pushed to MY22?

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think its important that Dealers are also short-staffed due to the pandemic, and some could have difficulty paying staff when they have less income due to fewer new and used cars to sell. Sometimes a personal visit is needed.
Short staffed because there aren't any cars on the lot to sell in my area. Car dealers are one of the few business around me that aren't hiring or looking for much needed help.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AMBDBronco

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope that our places in-line are held ahead of new 2022 orders'. 2021 orders are built "first."

Denba1

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes! Very important!! I wrote my dealer a quick simple email last week and he confirmed it in writing. He totally understood the need and what other dealers are doing.
If you are able to switch dealers, will the deposit be refunded? I have hard time believing that dealers are going to return deposits if youā€™re going to place an order elsewhere.
I was wondering the same. I put down a significant deposit, because I was optimistic about getting a '21 at the time. Now, I'm considering switching and wondering whether it's a deposit for a vehicle that I am no longer getting and therefore our contract is void. In which case, I may switch dealers as well.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
The $100 deposit was made on line to Ford, not to the dealer, so perhaps it would follow you to a new dealer
I had to deposit $1000 with my dealer. Iā€™ve had some hiccups but I donā€™t think Iā€™ll change unless I move. Iā€™m considering moving to another state and would want to switch if thatā€™s the case (obviously). But I donā€™t want to lose a grand.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Find a dealer with a good reputation. Or suffer the consequences

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Find a dealer with a good reputation. Or suffer the consequences
That's been hard to do. My local dealer that I've used for more than 20y has always been great, not so with the bronco. I switched and went with another dealer on a recommendation from a good friend and they've been less than stellar as well. The only dealer suggestions on broncos that I would trust is from the dealers recommended here.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The $100 deposit was made on line to Ford, not to the dealer, so perhaps it would follow you to a new dealer
No, the initial $100 deposit was made to the dealer. (If you don't believe me, check your credit card records to identify the party that received your initial deposit.)

When people have switched dealers in the past, the $100 deposit has been refunded by the dealer, not Ford.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Where did you see this information?
Itā€™s is the details. Believe me, player.. I mean, why wouldnā€™t you, Iā€™m on the Internet. šŸ¤£

Seriously. Call Ford Customer service and switch. Although Iā€™d wait til ā€˜22 opens.

OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think its important that Dealers are also short-staffed due to the pandemic, and some could have difficulty paying staff when they have less income due to fewer new and used cars to sell. Sometimes a personal visit is needed.
Totally get that, but I was simply following the instructions of the dealer. "Call or email me with any questions!"

Sponsored

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s is the details. Believe me, player.. I mean, why wouldnā€™t you, Iā€™m on the Internet. šŸ¤£

Seriously. Call Ford Customer service and switch. Although Iā€™d wait til ā€˜22 opens.
Since Gloff represents one of the trustworthy dealerships who posts info here often, I'd think he'd be more in the know then you. He was probably asking for your source so he could try to confirm before a rumor spreads too far.

BroncHouTX

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer is also unresponsive even now when I attach multiple people to the email. And somehow after I follow up with a text, call, or another email they say they were out sick the previous week. Everyone on the email was out sick?? I'd love to switch dealers but I don't know what that would do to my extra $1,000 deposit and spot in line. I was so sure with a 7/14 morning reservation I'd be getting a Bronco this year. Oh well.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those of you that are having a hard time getting a response from your dealer, show up. Ask them in person.
when you get there, tell them that you would have handled this over the phone, but they wonā€™t return your calls. Ask them to go get their sales manager. When the manager gets there, ask both of them what the communication issue is on their end. Even if they have NO NEWS, they should still be communicating. There is no excuse for your dealership ghosting you. Hold them accountable, and take your order to another dealer that doesnā€™t have their head up their ass.
Lack of communication is something that I address right away. Iā€™m not going to make myself miserable because someone Im paying doesnā€™t follow up/do their job.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My dealer is also unresponsive even now when I attach multiple people to the email. And somehow after I follow up with a text, call, or another email they say they were out sick the previous week. Everyone on the email was out sick?? I'd love to switch dealers but I don't know what that would do to my extra $1,000 deposit and spot in line. I was so sure with a 7/14 morning reservation I'd be getting a Bronco this year. Oh well.
The $1000 is between you and your dealer. The dealership change is between you and Ford.
Call Ford.

Youā€™ll keep your time stamp.
Wait til ā€˜22 opens (if you donā€™t have a VIN)

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They're unresponsive and that drives me nuts. It's also unsettling when I know more about the Bronco, the launch, the issues and delays than they do.

But the main reason would be that an email or call to them goes unanswered unless I follow up several more times.

Haven't decided yet if I'm switching. Just good to know that I can.
Sounds identical to my dealer. Honestly, the dealer is making the experience worse than Ford. Most of them seem to be about as bad, but at least I seem to have found the best of the worst to switch my order to.
Sponsored