First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been very unhappy with my salesperson at my local Ford dealership... I am always 2 steps ahead of him when it comes to information, mainly because I keep up with all your great information in this forum... Thanks, by the way! There are more senior people at the dealership who have previously helped me when my guy had a day off, but going around him seems to upset him. I am considering either switching sales people (is that a thing?) or dealerships... I have to drag information out of him, and his understanding of this process is really bad. I'm afraid they/he are not doing whatever they can within their power to help me SPEND CASH at their dealership, so I don't understand the passive attitude they are taking with this. I have asked simple things like "How many people are in front of me with an order at this dealership", and I get no information. I also sat at Priority Code 99 for a couple of months and was able to change it with a simple phone call once I found out what that means in this forum. Anyway, sorry for the run -on story, but I am curios if anyone out there has switched dealerships and how they did it. Repercussions, etc. Very worried about the passive aggressive stuff they could do to my order if I switched dealerships...
Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Remember, you don’t owe your salesperson a thing. I am very loyal to mine because he has EARNED that loyalty. I would start working with one of those more senior people you mention.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Once your order is placed you can't change the dealership.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford has discontinued the reservation system, so to change now you will probably lose you place in line. Then you will fall behind every order in the system when you order at a new dealer. From what you describe you don't owe that salesperson a thing, because he/she is not helping you as their customer. Get with one of the senior folks that have helped you recently. Then tell your now salesperson the truth, that they ain't worth a shit, and you're going with the other salesperson. Or if you would rather, tell your now salesperson that if they don't get their shit together you will move to another saleperson. You don't own them anything, so make yourself happy.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a common thing in the industry where the sales force only cares about the customer who is buying TODAY , unless they're in fleet sales.
They don't need to learn anything because they are mostly, like 98% selling to the uninformed person who can be manipulated.
If they have to actually work for the sale , it's not worth it to them.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford has discontinued the reservation system, so to change now you will probably lose you place in line. Then you will fall behind every order in the system when you order at a new dealer. From what you describe you don't owe that salesperson a thing, because he/she is not helping you as their customer. Get with one of the senior folks that have helped you recently. Then tell your now salesperson the truth, that they ain't worth a shit, and you're going with the other salesperson. Or if you would rather, tell your now salesperson that if they don't get their shit together you will move to another saleperson. You don't own them anything, so make yourself happy.
" Then tell your now salesperson the truth, that they ain't worth a shit "
lol love it. Going to start using that

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

" Then tell your now salesperson the truth, that they ain't worth a shit "
lol love it. Going to start using that
We do have some good euphemisms here in the south. I've got a ton of 'em that will cover most aggravating situations.......:)
Sponsored