Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I was fine to wait for early 2022 to get a Mod top for my Wildtrak I think I am at the point where I am going to switch my build from the Wildtrak to a Non-Sas Badlands. Since I haven‘t really been considering a Badlands up until this point I want to ask the experts if I am overlooking anything.

Disclaimer: I will probably never rock crawl this vehicle and my off-roading will be on the beach, off-road camping, and cruising around the ranch in the Hill Country of Texas.

Old Build: 4-Door A51 Wildtrak, 2.7, lux, Mod Top, Lux, Leather

New Build: 4-Door A51 Badlands, Non-squatch, 2.7, Soft Top, Lux, MG Vinyl, upgraded wheels with BFG ATs

Questions:
- It wont let me select the 4.7 gear ratio... big deal or is 4.46 just fine for 33”s and possible future 35”s?
- Non-squatch suspension, I know badlands is better in a non-squatch config, am I losing out on something?
- Am I going to miss some of the drive modes? I lose Sport I think.
*** Will switching to this config this early (July) put me too early to get the free Hard Top conversion kit???? Should I wait until late-July/Aug to switch?

Apologize now to all of those that will tell me to use the search function to answer all of my questions but I also want to see who else is considering this.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You haven't missed anything - 4.46s will be great with the 33s. Personally I think you've picked the best build out there!

I'd talk to your dealer next week before making the switch if getting the hard top prep kit is important. You don't want to change Monday and then get scheduled in August.

KareBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda CX-5, 2020 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You do lose the Sport mode, but that's it. Are you doing the switch because you think the Badlands will come sooner? A lot of Badland builds just got pushed back from next week to August 9, but I don't know how Wildtrak production is going.

OP
OP
Essmith94

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You do lose the Sport mode, but that's it. Are you doing the switch because you think the Badlands will come sooner? A lot of Badland builds just got pushed back from next week to August 9, but I don't know how Wildtrak production is going.
Im looking to switch because you cant get a Wildtrak without a MIC Top. That combined with dealer allocation, me being a 7/14 Res, pretty much assures that if I stay with Wildtrak that I will absolutely not get it until 2022 and then I still have to settle for a MIC top instead of a MOD top.

My potential new build would remove SAS, MIC Top, and Leather so hoping that getting rid of those constraints would make it more likely to get one in 2021, and have the conversion kit for a later hard top for free.

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Two days ago, I made several changes in my build. It makes sense to me to look long and hard at your choices and make adjustments. From my perspective you are on the right track. Nice job!

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Wildtrak is an Outerbanks with 2.7 and Sasquatch and black appearance package. I think that would be a closer match to what you ordered than a Badlands. You will pay more Sway bar disconnect and armor that you won’t use (though MGV vs Leather could make up the difference).

If you forgo Sasquatch and don’t opt for leather, the Badlands will be less expensive. Just depends on what you want.

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
While I was fine to wait for early 2022 to get a Mod top for my Wildtrak I think I am at the point where I am going to switch my build from the Wildtrak to a Non-Sas Badlands. Since I haven‘t really been considering a Badlands up until this point I want to ask the experts if I am overlooking anything.

Disclaimer: I will probably never rock crawl this vehicle and my off-roading will be on the beach, off-road camping, and cruising around the ranch in the Hill Country of Texas.

Old Build: 4-Door A51 Wildtrak, 2.7, lux, Mod Top, Lux, Leather

New Build: 4-Door A51 Badlands, Non-squatch, 2.7, Soft Top, Lux, MG Vinyl, upgraded wheels with BFG ATs

Questions:
- It wont let me select the 4.7 gear ratio... big deal or is 4.46 just fine for 33”s and possible future 35”s?
- Non-squatch suspension, I know badlands is better in a non-squatch config, am I losing out on something?
- Am I going to miss some of the drive modes? I lose Sport I think.
*** Will switching to this config this early (July) put me too early to get the free Hard Top conversion kit???? Should I wait until late-July/Aug to switch?

Apologize now to all of those that will tell me to use the search function to answer all of my questions but I also want to see who else is considering this.
Not positive, but I think you'll have problems throwing 35s on a Badlands. The lift is slightly lower, but also there's an extra centimeter of suspension travel on BL. Given all that, you might have tire contact in the wheel well somewhere?

I was set on Badlands for 6 months, but switched to Base 2.7 Sasquatch in the end. I want to try out 35s and don't want to alter my vehicle. Also, swaybar disco is cool, but won't need it. I like to drive on the beach too and the extra inch of ground clearance on WT relative to BL will be more important than any of the off-road kit. I think you should go WT w/MIC.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

* Duh... Brain fart... Leather gets you carpet not LUX, sorry folks *

You are missing a huge thing.... By adding LUX, you are losing the rubber floors which besides the disconnect is what makes a BL special.

Up to you of course, but a BL with carpet just seems wrong. Probably better off with a Obx loaded.

Other side note, you can't order door bags without the MIC but I'm sure that can be had later.

Oh, and of course the Fog lights (and 35s) would you probably already knew.

Last edited:

Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Squatched OB with 2.7 and Lux is basically a WT. Why not go that route?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the same thing but from First Edition not Wildtrak. You don’t need the Sasquatch with Badlands anyways. 33 inch tires is plenty. Has all of the off-roading bells and whistles you want too. Pretty much a waste of money adding Sasquatch to the Badlands trim in my opinion.

OP
OP
Essmith94

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Squatched OB with 2.7 and Lux is basically a WT. Why not go that route?
Great question. I think that the main reason is the seats. I like the options in the Badlands much better. I was “accepting” the leather seats in the Wildtrak but was never really that crazy about them. I also like the fact that I get the MGV and wash out floors. So while I may never use it as a rock crawler, having the front disco, will make it more appealing if I ever get rid of it.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even though you don’t technically have Sport mode in Badlands, you can put it in Baja mode which mimics the throttle response and then put it in 2H from 4H. It works out to be pretty much the same thing. We did it in a Badlands at Super Celebration East.

You may want to see if everything that Lux package has is what you want. That is also a constraint item as well. I am with a Badlands 2.7L High package with the upgraded wheels and K02s. Similar thoughts as you. Good luck.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The BL with soft top should move you up for a much faster delivery. The hard top is the main constraint now, so as long as your not getting that you should be a 21.

The MGV interior will be great for the beach driving your planing on doing.

I would want 35's so I would get the Sasquatch but it sounds like you don't want that.

Builds are already scheduled for August so switching in july should put you after the hard top prep is made standard.
Sponsored