Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not a gearhead, just an enthusiast, so my bad if this is a dumb question, or has already been discussed ad nauseum (I'm sure it has, but search function didn't pull up what I was looking for).

Anybody opting for the Sasquatch package, but thinking about swapping out the 35" mud tires for 33" all terrains? Looking at the KO2's. Will anything need to be re-geared? Speedometer be off?

I'm thinking this will be a better way of keeping it as my daily driver, as well as the occasional overlanding trips to places like Moab or the Rubicon. I should be able to sell or trade those 35's pretty easily, right? Any other thoughts?

And I am looking at the Badlands, but might go basemansquatch to save money.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was thinking of doing that too but wondered how the gear ratio with the sasquach would be affected by putting on smaller tires. I don't want it in the zone where the turbo keeps spooling up. Maybe with the 10 speed auto that won't be a problem

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not a gearhead, just an enthusiast, so my bad if this is a dumb question, or has already been discussed ad nauseum (I'm sure it has, but search function didn't pull up what I was looking for).

Anybody opting for the Sasquatch package, but thinking about swapping out the 35" mud tires for 33" all terrains? Looking at the KO2's. Will anything need to be re-geared? Speedometer be off?

I'm thinking this will be a better way of keeping it as my daily driver, as well as the occasional overlanding trips to places like Moab or the Rubicon. I should be able to sell or trade those 35's pretty easily, right? Any other thoughts?

And I am looking at the Badlands, but might go basemansquatch to save money.

Thanks in advance.

No regear needed. Speedo may be slightly off, but for me it won't be a concern. I imagine I will go with 285/75/17s after I wear the original tires down, which won't be a huge difference for the speedo.

OP
OP
BeerForMyHorses

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was thinking of doing that too but wondered how the gear ratio with the sasquach would be affected by putting on smaller tires. I don't want it in the zone where the turbo keeps spooling up. Maybe with the 10 speed auto that won't be a problem
Manual transmission is on my must have list. Any thoughts on that?

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So your high hear on the interstate or anywhere your driving around 70, will produce higher RPM and subsequently worse gas mileage. If youre doing stop and go it may help with smaller tires because of reduced rotational weight.

I think computed for the 35 inch tires and the high gear in the 10sp gives you 2019rpm.

I’m going to see how the M/T does in the snow and the trails here in Colorado before I switch them out. I was never happy with the compound of the KO2 in snow and on rocks. Little better with Duratracs. There tires better than both of those for snow and rocks but they don’t last.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Manual transmission is on my must have list. Any thoughts on that?

Will not be an issue and I see it as a plus. The manual has such a high 6th gear it won't be an issue. Will certainly help with in city driving.

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can easily do this swap without consequence. Although you will pick up a couple hundred rpm on freeway driving - but your gas mileage will IMPROVE. The lower ride height and aero benefits will easily trump the couple hundred extra rpm.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Going from 35's to 33's is a 5.7% difference.
At a real 70 mph, speedo will read 74, not a huge difference.
5.7% increase of 2200 rpm is 2325 rpm, not a huge difference.

The extra $5k for the Squatch is a huge difference for a dd!

OP
OP
BeerForMyHorses

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Going from 35's to 33's is a 5.7% difference.
At a real 70 mph, speedo will read 74, not a huge difference.
5.7% increase of 2200 rpm is 2325 rpm, not a huge difference.

The extra $5k for the Squatch is a huge difference for a dd!
Haha fair enough. In the current phase of life I'm in, it'll be a DD.

That said, the off-road goodies in the sasquatch package WILL be used

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Badlands comes with the same gear ratio as a Sasquatch and it has 33's.
So by putting 33s on your Sasquatch you turned it into a badlands. It has the same locking differentials as the Badlands, the same gear ratio as the Badlands and the same upgraded suspension as the Badlands.

it's not a full Badlands because it doesn't have the sway bar disconnect or all the goat modes. But it is a less expensive way to get almost a badlands.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question, as I've never done it before. Is it possible to "upgrade" tires at time of purchase from a dealership? I probably won't feel like dropping a grand on tires right after I buy this nor do I want to deal with trying to sell tires after the fact.

Chris
Sponsored