Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This seems like such a basic/newbie question, but I haven't seen it explained clearly...

Does the reservation JUST hold your place in line, so you can actually switch the trim level, or are we locked into the trim level and door number we first used to reserve?
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I specifically asked Ford Marketing when I changed my reservation dealer. You can switch trims to any other besides to First Edition and can also change between 2 and 4 door.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This seems like such a basic/newbie question, but I haven't seen it explained clearly...

Does the reservation JUST hold your place in line, so you can actually switch the trim level, or are we locked into the trim level and door number we first used to reserve?
You most definitely can change your trim level and the doors. What you cant do is to change to a First Edition

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I specifically asked Ford Marketing when I changed my reservation dealer. You can switch trims to any other besides to First Edition and can also change between 2 and 4 door.
Just got off the phone with my dealer. He is telling me that I switch trim levels that I lose my reservation. I am calling Ford Marketing now.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got off the phone with my dealer. He is telling me that I switch trim levels that I lose my reservation. I am calling Ford Marketing now.
These dealers are a joke!

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Idiot. Perhaps he already ordered it for you! not lol

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That SOB - As of last night there was not an order now I see that there is an order placed. :mad:

RandyStewart

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I submitted my order this morning. Reserved a BD but ordered a Badlands. No problems

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reserved a base and ordered a Badlands. No issue at all.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dumb bastard placed the order before he called me. Ford Marketing said that the order can be changed but the dealer has to work with the marketing department to do so. :mad:

Sponsored

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would STRONGLY recommend checking your reservation and make sure it hasn't been converted without your knowledge. Happened to me and I am working on getting it fixed but Ford mentioned I had to talk to dealer first. Waiting callback.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would STRONGLY recommend checking your reservation and make sure it hasn't been converted without your knowledge. Happened to me and I am working on getting it fixed but Ford mentioned I had to talk to dealer first. Waiting callback.
It was - the dealer converted it to an order prior to calling me this morning!!!! Ford Marketing said the order can be changed but it needs to be done between the dealer and the marketing department. What a cluster!!!! You wait and wait and then some dumb ass screws things up! Really pisses me off!

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was - the dealer converted it to an order prior to calling me this morning!!!! Ford Marketing said the order can be changed but it needs to be done between the dealer and the marketing department. What a cluster!!!! You wait and wait and then some dumb ass screws things up! Really pisses me off!
Now the knuckle head came back and said "Just got off the phone with Ford - OK we can change your trim level" - but now we have to deal with all the BS of trying to do that without it turning into bigger cluster! There is a special place in hell for car salespeople and insurance.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now the knuckle head came back and said "Just got off the phone with Ford - OK we can change your trim level" - but now we have to deal with all the BS of trying to do that without it turning into bigger cluster! There is a special place in hell for car salespeople and insurance.
I sent the sales person an E-mail asking why he went ahead and placed the order without first discussing with me. I also told him that Ford Marketing wanted him to call them to get this corrected. Lo and behold I just got an Email from the sales person and from Ford stating that the order has been corrected. I also had to sign and date the Preview Order form and send it back to the dealership. Blood pressure is now back to normal.:cool:

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Even if you put in your order you can still change trim level up until march 19.
Sponsored