Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Diesel, Audi S4 Cabrio, Buick Enclave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stopped working again. When it came back on last time, I did a master reset. Also, there was a note on the screen that a recent update didn't complete correctly. Today, the screen is black again and won't come on. Tried disconnecting the battery for 30 mins, but no luck.
different problem then what I had...for me, master reset didn't do anything...tried it 3 times. I also never had a black screen...mine looked fine...just no sound at all...warnings, radio, etc. Im thinking you have a hardware issue...unfortunately that means dealer. Let them diagnose it and then take it back so you can enjoy your bronco while they figure out where your new hardware is....Good luck!
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Took my two week old Bronco up to the mountains Thursday night...good news is I came home in a blizzard, and the Bronco was really pretty incredible in 4-12" or road snow...4WD high in slippery mode...really confidence inspiring.

Bad news is the Synch 4 screen works, will pair with the iphone and can use the apple play stuff... but can't get the audio to turn on...so no volume. Navigation worked, but was really goofy...maybe from teh storm...kept trying to tell me I couldn't get home without driving on 4WD roads...I just took I-70..worked fine for me.

Anyone having audio problems with the Synch 4 with no audio and figured out how to fix? I did a master reset...no joy. will try pulling fuses tomorrow...but wondering if anyone else have seen this or if I'm the lucky winner....
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end. Thank you!

OP
OP
CORick

CORick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end. Thank you!
Hi, This resolved after pulling the fuse on my unit...see further up the thread.. I haven't had a problem in over a month now. If you are still interested in reviewing the issue, I'd be happy to chat. Not sure how to send a private message on this board. Please let me know how if you would like to chat more.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had something weird happen this afternoon but it sounds different than what yours is doing.

I went to start the engine and my finger slipped off the button. I pushed it again and it turned the power off so I pushed it again. This time the engine started but there was an extremely loud POP that came out of the speakers and then I had no audio. I tried shutting off the engine and restarting a couple of times but it didn’t work. I tried switching bands and still nothing. Eventually I shut the engine off and opened the door to kill the power. Then after restarting and choosing FM and the hitting the seek button I was able to get audio. It all seems to be working properly now but I thought that maybe the radio had blown.

OP
OP
CORick

CORick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had something weird happen this afternoon but it sounds different than what yours is doing.

I went to start the engine and my finger slipped off the button. I pushed it again and it turned the power off so I pushed it again. This time the engine started but there was an extremely loud POP that came out of the speakers and then I had no audio. I tried shutting off the engine and restarting a couple of times but it didn’t work. I tried switching bands and still nothing. Eventually I shut the engine off and opened the door to kill the power. Then after restarting and choosing FM and the hitting the seek button I was able to get audio. It all seems to be working properly now but I thought that maybe the radio had blown.
Wow! Sounds comforting! bet it gives you a warm fuzzy about the electronics!

Definitely is not what I had. with mine it was as if the power amp as turned off so there was no gain...so no audio...rest seemed fine. still no idea why this happened, but it's been a month so I'm willing to look the other way until it happens again. Good luck!

Sponsored

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I know when my Sync 3 would lock up and do this there was a little secret. Hold >> and Power at the same time which would do a reboot of the radio and make it come back. It looks like this is still a 'feature' with sync 4.

How do I perform a master reset with SYNC 4? (ford.com)

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone take their Bronco in for this and find a solution?

I just took delivery and never thought to turn on radio. Hell, the sales guy and I took a long cruise and never turned it on. Didn't realize I had 0 Volume until I got home.

Pulled the correct fuse and also did a hard reset. Disconnected the battery, but probably not for 10 minutes. Will try that again in the morning.

Edit: B&O System

OP
OP
CORick

CORick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never had the problem after it resolved the first time. I did have some minor glitches once or twice with it losing volume after switching from a carplay function to the base radio...but turning it on and off at the switch always solved. If you've never had volume, you likely have a different problem...

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never had the problem after it resolved the first time. I did have some minor glitches once or twice with it losing volume after switching from a carplay function to the base radio...but turning it on and off at the switch always solved. If you've never had volume, you likely have a different problem...
Yeah I think you're right. I definitely developed a symptom tonight that nobody else has mentioned:

The radio actually provides volume, but only when sitting at a stoplight and the engine shuts off. As soon as the engine starts again, the volume goes back to zero. 😂. Gotta be a crossed wire or something somewhere.

Have an appointment with the dealer Monday.

UpstateNY585

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fixed...found the fuse box under the steering column, left vertical row, 20A fuse about 4 down.. Removed, cycled the accessory switch to power up the rest of the center console (no idea if I had to do that or not), replaced the fuse...all works fine now....although all radio settings were lost.

no idea what caused it. hopefully never happens again...

now,, will take less than a minute to fix, but trying to figure out where the fuse box was took longer than it should have...hpefully ford will figure out the the bronco and the bronco sport aren't the same vehicle and give the bronco a corrected owners manual.
THANK GOD FOR BRONCO6G!! Just lost all sound, everything else worked fine, and audio controls still showed volume, just no sound from speakers at all!! Spent almost an hour turning truck on and off, off and on, stereo on and off and on again, all in different orders, nothing. I found this thread, pulled that 20A fuse (#32 I believe), it was NOT blown. I kept it out for about 20 mins, and then replaced it. Stereo works fine now.
WT actual F?? Must be a software issue? I'm searching this board far more than I would like to work out all of the bugs of my brand new truck. I have never had to do this as much on any forum, for any vehicle I have ever owned until now. UGGGGG, I DO absolutely love my Bronco, but, these little "hiccups" are testing my patience on a brand new $50K+ vehicle. Anyway, thanks for saving me a trip to the dealer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CORick

CORick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THANK GOD FOR BRONCO6G!! Just lost all sound, everything else worked fine, and audio controls still showed volume, just no sound from speakers at all!! Spent almost an hour turning truck on and off, off and on, stereo on and off and on again, all in different orders, nothing. I found this thread, pulled that 20A fuse (#32 I believe), it was NOT blown. I kept it out for about 20 mins, and then replaced it. Stereo works fine now.
WT actual F?? Must be a software issue? I'm searching this board far more than I would like to work out all of the bugs of my brand new truck. I have never had to do this as much on any forum, for any vehicle I have ever owned until now. UGGGGG, I DO absolutely love my Bronco, but, these little "hiccups" are testing my patience on a brand new $50K+ vehicle. Anyway, thanks for saving me a trip to the dealer.
Glad it worked for you...Mine has not played that trick again...but...I do sometimes have issues moving from car play to regular or satellite radio..but just cycling the power switch solves that.

Enjoy!

Feldkamp95

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Having this issue on my bronco it just says audio off. I will try the fuse today! thanks for posting.

acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having this issue on my bronco it just says audio off. I will try the fuse today! thanks for posting.

I have an issue with mine and Android Auto. Everything visually is working, even says music is playing, but trying to turn the volume up, nothing happens.

The work around is pressing pause, and then play... and then it starts working... No clue why this is happening.

Feldkamp95

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have an issue with mine and Android Auto. Everything visually is working, even says music is playing, but trying to turn the volume up, nothing happens.

The work around is pressing pause, and then play... and then it starts working... No clue why this is happening.
My issue is no volume/sound at all. I can do everything but no response to music or volume up or down hope the fuse works. Or dealer in the morning.

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Took my two week old Bronco up to the mountains Thursday night...good news is I came home in a blizzard, and the Bronco was really pretty incredible in 4-12" or road snow...4WD high in slippery mode...really confidence inspiring.

Bad news is the Synch 4 screen works, will pair with the iphone and can use the apple play stuff... but can't get the audio to turn on...so no volume. Navigation worked, but was really goofy...maybe from teh storm...kept trying to tell me I couldn't get home without driving on 4WD roads...I just took I-70..worked fine for me.

Anyone having audio problems with the Synch 4 with no audio and figured out how to fix? I did a master reset...no joy. will try pulling fuses tomorrow...but wondering if anyone else have seen this or if I'm the lucky winner....
I had my screen completely go blank after I restarted it when it wigged out with music and CarPlay etc. I tried to restart the radio and it just stayed blank. I tried fuses, disconnecting the battery, soft restart etc......nothing worked. Took it to the dealership and had to wait three months for a new AMP (processor unit). Been working fine since. Good luck on whatever you find.
Sponsored