Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks Sean, seems simple enough. I'm glad now that I decided to get the 12" screen.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice video showing off the 12”. It does looks cool and pretty, but as far as functionality I prefer the 8”. I have no use for the side panel and it irrationallly bothers me that CarPlay doesn’t go full screen on the 12”.

(And just because I know B6G and to pre-empt it, I know and understand the reasoning why it doesn’t go full screen so don’t waste your time explaining why)

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the vid. This makes the 8” screen seem like the better buy since its basically the same size as the 12” screen minus the “pages” section. If you could use the entire screen without the pages, then the 12” might be worth it.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 12" will shine when using it for trail cam mode. Otherwise, I agree with others that the 8" is a good option.

MightyAndrew

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice video showing off the 12”. It does looks cool and pretty, but as far as functionality I prefer the 8”. I have no use for the side panel and it irrationallly bothers me that CarPlay doesn’t go full screen on the 12”.

(And just because I know B6G and to pre-empt it, I know and understand the reasoning why it doesn’t go full screen so don’t waste your time explaining why)
Wait. Why doesn’t it go full screen? I have been wondering this for quite some time now.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wait. Why doesn’t it go full screen? I have been wondering this for quite some time now.
Ya know, I actually always just assumed it was due to CarPlay not being optimized for the 12” screen and that the resolution/aspect ratio would be off. However I was curious how the Mustang Mach E handled CarPlay. So just watched a video and it is much bigger there. (Doesn’t use the full screen in the Mach E either) So 🤷‍♂️. Either there is something about the resolution/aspect ratio of the 12” screen, or Ford really wants that side panel to always be present.

Either way...
Ford Bronco SYNC 4 Demo/Overview - 12" Touchscreen in 2021 Bronco 1616280258344

MightyAndrew

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ya know, I actually always just assumed it was due to CarPlay not being optimized for the 12” screen and that the resolution/aspect ratio would be off. However I was curious how the Mustang Mach E handled CarPlay. So just watched a video and it is much bigger there. (Doesn’t use the full screen in the Mach E either) So 🤷‍♂️. Either there is something about the resolution/aspect ratio of the 12” screen, or Ford really wants that side panel to always be present.

Either way...
I noticed the same thing in the Ford Explorer ST. It too does not utilize the entire full screen for CarPlay. Knowing the vast majority of users will use CarPlay or Android Auto over their own built in nav, I’m not sure why this was omitted. Especially for this long. It must be a compatibility issue.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check out this demo we did on the SYNC 4 system on the 21 Bronco - 12" screen Available on Outer Banks and up

Follow along on our Instagram for more videos : @ OurBroncoLife

So why did Ford not just pay you to do this? Lol... Yours are always great!

Slater

Badlands
First Name
Just Slater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul crushing Camry now cancled out by Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome video! Really nice screen resolution! Thanks for capturing so much detail.

Does that animation happen at each start up (or going to "accessory position 2")? That was pretty cool. Also, will you be covering any interface customization that Sync 4 has (changing the colors of the interface like "dark mode" etc.) in future videos?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Either way...
There was an awesome thread on exactly that a while ago by a really helpful chap on the forums. Nobody reads such threads because they are stupid and only tell you information nobody wants to know.

What Ford calls it is "Information on Demand Panel" or "IDP".

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/information-on-demand-panel-idp-with-sync4.12555/

I will put forward that the 360 camera functions on an 8" screen would be laughable, especially when doing the front facing and surround at the same time, so it was a reasonable decision by Ford to limit that to only those bringing the full 12" to the playground.
Sponsored