First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It should have the option to have it both ways....makes everyone happy. The built in nav and front cam let you expand to the full size. Let
This may not be Ford‘s issue. It could be a simple matter of the new 12” display having a higher resolution than Apple or Google can support.

For example, according to Apple, the max vertical resolution of the display is 720px... https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/carplay/visual-design/layout/

If the newFord display has say a 1440p vertical resolution, maybe they can only use half for the CarPlay window? I dunno.
Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How certain are we it’s really 8 and 12 inches lol....🤔 someone breakout a measuring tape

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This may not be Ford‘s issue. It could be a simple matter of the new 12” display having a higher resolution than Apple or Google can support.

For example, according to Apple, the max vertical resolution of the display is 720px... https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/carplay/visual-design/layout/

If the newFord display has say a 1440p vertical resolution, maybe they can only use half for the CarPlay window? I dunno.
That’s old info, Apple gave screen flexibility in iOS 13, here’s a BMW thread where you can do a backend update to enable full screen. Maybe Forscan will give that option for Sync 4 someday?

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1563454

Ford Bronco SYNC 4 Demo/Overview - 12" Touchscreen in 2021 Bronco attachment

JMBGlass

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So glad that it looks like you can turn off the 'lane assist' feature.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those that haven't used Apply Carplay or the Android equal, I swapped my radio in the FJCruiser to get this capability. The navigation is better than most built in automaker systems, use of streaming music is easier, and the interface looks like your phone which makes selections faster. I liked it and look forward to having it again (no my 2018 Tacoma TRD Pro is loaded and doesn't have it). Nice walk thru video on the 12" screen. Looking forward to my 8" screen.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Funny how an ownersmanual was ok for like a hundred years.

OP
OP
Ourbroncolife

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ourbroncolife

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hope they allow us to upload our own clip to replace the Ford animation, I did this in my wife's Prius, uploaded a clip of the G-Kids playing with puppies she loved (we have 9 G-Kids). I would love to make and edit my own short trail vid to install, that would be cool. Doesn't matter the encoding format.
That would be awesome to do that for the welcome screen.

OP
OP
Ourbroncolife

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good find!

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

here you go
You just solved an issue for a whole bunch of people with this video!

Ever since BN incorrectly stated that the front tire view is only on Badlands/Rock Crawl mode, people have been worried. Your video proves that as long as you have the 360 cameras, you get that view regardless of trim level. Doesnt affect me as I’m a poor, but glad this is resolved for others.
Sponsored