Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You just solved an issue for a whole bunch of people with this video!

Ever since BN incorrectly stated that the front tire view is only on Badlands/Rock Crawl mode, people have been worried. Your video proves that as long as you have the 360 cameras, you get that view regardless of trim level. Doesnt affect me as I’m a poor, but glad this is resolved for others.
Glad I could help!!
Sponsored

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check out this demo we did on the SYNC 4 system on the 21 Bronco - 12" screen Available on Outer Banks and up

Follow along on our Instagram for more videos : @ OurBroncoLife

Can you comment or make a video on the quality of the upgraded B&O sound system? I know many of us have been curious on the speaker placement too

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the clarification. I should have looked it up as I don't follow the 4-dr specs as much. 19 mpg is still fine, but it matters what mix of driving(city/hwy) and whether Sean drove the full tank to "E". I know I never drive below a 1/4 tank.
I often go about 20 miles after the fuel indicator light comes on. :LOL:

OP
OP
Ourbroncolife

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

B
Can you comment or make a video on the quality of the upgraded B&O sound system? I know many of us have been curious on the speaker placement too
good idea, can do a B&O overview video showing placement.
I really like the quality of the sound. The bass and crisp sound of speakers is great.

Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP... you have any idea if the regular stereo has a separate amp? Same question for B&O as well but assume there the answer is "yes."

If base system has the amp integrated into the head unit upgrading becomes a much more complicated (read expensive) proposition.

OP
OP
Ourbroncolife

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP... you have any idea if the regular stereo has a separate amp? Same question for B&O as well but assume there the answer is "yes."

If base system has the amp integrated into the head unit upgrading becomes a much more complicated (read expensive) proposition.
unfortunately I do not know but will try to find out.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have Car Play on my Mercedes and it takes over the full screen. I’m not sure why people would prefer this. This makes it unnecessarily difficult to access the car systems like the radio, cameras or other vehicle status, functions, etc. I actually think this system will be better.
100% agree - I'm not big on CarPlay to begin with and find it overrated, but when I do use it, I hate that CarPlay takes over the whole screen and you have to click several buttons just to change audio inputs and whatnot. I love that this will retain a hybrid of the native Ford setup and CarPlay, as well as the selected info on the right.

Rats, didn't see a USB option for audio input. I like that option...
That option only appears when you have something plugged into the USB port.

I'm also pretty dissapointed that they basically make Carplay a small window on the screen. Is it confirmed that the 8" touch screen will allow full screen Android Auto and Carplay?
Current 8" Ford screens use the full screen for CarPlay (I'd assume Android Auto too, never used it). I would imagine this would carry over and be true for Broncos with the 8" screen too.

Mabye Ford is better, but the Nav systems in my last two German vehicles have been horrible. To get Nav directions, you would have to either enter the destination by typing everything with a rotary wheel, choosing one character at a time, or speaking very specific commands to enter an address like “Street: 123 Main Steet” “City: Pleasantville“ “State: California”.

The voice recognition on the phones is just way better... “Directions to McDonalds”.

Again, Ford maybe better, but in systems I’ve used, you don’t get live traffic overlays on the Nav maps showing congestion like you do on Apple, Google or Waze maps.
The newer Ford systems allow you to say "destination street address," (I think it may even just be "destination" now but I'm programmed to my original SYNC setup that used that prompt), and you say the address like you would giving it to someone in conversation: "123 Main Street Anywhere, State" without having to break it out like you mentioned.

Sponsored

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m concerned what kind of support Sync 4 will get long term with Ford’s switch to Google’s Android based infotainment vs the current BlackBerry QNX platform. It’s effectively a DOA system.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Didn't read the entire thread. Can't you just turn the fricking thing off?

OP
OP
Ourbroncolife

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry I am not sure on this, if I find out I will post.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for making the videos, they are well done. I imagine if the screen is turned off, then the radio functionality is lost along with it.

My issue with screens in an automotive application is the brightness at night. Most car designers don't live in rural areas, where there are a lot of nocturnal woodland animals that haven't learned how to properly cross the street. So the designers don't realize the backlighting of the screen drastically reduces your eye's ability to adjust to the low level brightness of headlights illuminating the road. Some car companies do make very-low level gage cluster backlighting an engineering protocol just for that reason (BMW is one). Hopefully Ford has been thoughtful enough to flip the screen illumination scheme to a night mode and allow a very low level lighting of the screens.

It'd be nice to see a video of the lowest illumination setting of the gages/screens at night.
Sponsored

Last edited: