Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for making the videos, they are well done. I imagine if the screen is turned off, then the radio functionality is lost along with it.

My issue with screens in an automotive application is the brightness at night. Most car designers don't live in rural areas, where there are a lot of nocturnal woodland animals that haven't learned how to properly cross the street. So the designers don't realize the backlighting of the screen drastically reduces your eye's ability to adjust to the low level brightness of headlights illuminating the road. Some car companies do make very-low level gage cluster backlighting an engineering protocol just for that reason (BMW is one). Hopefully Ford has been thoughtful enough to flip the screen illumination scheme to a night mode and allow a very low level lighting of the screens.

It'd be nice to see a video of the lowest illumination setting of the gages/screens at night.
I did show the dark mode capability but if you want to see the off screen send me a DM on Instagram can send it over @ ourbroncolife
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for making the videos, they are well done. I imagine if the screen is turned off, then the radio functionality is lost along with it.

My issue with screens in an automotive application is the brightness at night. Most car designers don't live in rural areas, where there are a lot of nocturnal woodland animals that haven't learned how to properly cross the street. So the designers don't realize the backlighting of the screen drastically reduces your eye's ability to adjust to the low level brightness of headlights illuminating the road. Some car companies do make very-low level gage cluster backlighting an engineering protocol just for that reason (BMW is one). Hopefully Ford has been thoughtful enough to flip the screen illumination scheme to a night mode and allow a very low level lighting of the screens.

It'd be nice to see a video of the lowest illumination setting of the gages/screens at night.
The other new Fords I drive do a good job at dimming the infotainment display along with the dash cluster brightness controls.

Im hoping the Bronco will do a similar good job... I may have to rely on the calming screen though if the dimming can’t make up for the shear screen size. (As in, by the time you get the screen dark enough the gauges are too dark)

OP
OP
Ourbroncolife

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The other new Fords I drive do a good job at dimming the infotainment display along with the dash cluster brightness controls.

Im hoping the Bronco will do a similar good job... I may have to rely on the calming screen though if the dimming can’t make up for the shear screen size. (As in, by the time you get the screen dark enough the gauges are too dark)
You can turn on calm screen, night mode screen, auto, and even off. In off you can still operate radio.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can turn on calm screen, night mode screen, auto, and even off. In off you can still operate radio.
Boom! that's the money maker right there. Thanks.

I get called a Luddite on the internet, which is cool, but I still see no need for a screen in a car. Maybe I'll consider one doesn't have to worry if they buy a used car in the future that it is missing the owners manual since it will be available "on-line" in the vehicles screen. While the map function is cool, if you are moving, maps are difficult to read; turn-by-turn direction as more than adequate and every smart phone has turn-by-turn. I worked though college as a courier, so I have a lot of experience using maps while driving and finding address fast.

With the Bronco, I guess the trail cam stuff is some good tech, but I doubt it will obviate trail spotting for serious off-road acts of bravery. I just rather not have it. So good it can be turned off.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ourbroncolife

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Boom! that's the money maker right there. Thanks.

I get called a Luddite on the internet, which is cool, but I still see no need for a screen in a car. Maybe I'll consider one doesn't have to worry if they buy a used car in the future that it is missing the owners manual since it will be available "on-line" in the vehicles screen. While the map function is cool, if you are moving, maps are difficult to read; turn-by-turn direction as more than adequate and every smart phone has turn-by-turn. I worked though college as a courier, so I have a lot of experience using maps while driving and finding address fast.

With the Bronco, I guess the trail cam stuff is some good tech, but I doubt it will obviate trail spotting for serious off-road acts of bravery. I just rather not have it. So good it can be turned off.
👏🏻👏🏻