RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
SYNC is new to me. Actually the tech at this level is new to me, so some of you may not see this as super exciting. I have learned a couple things that I want to share about the USB music and Messaging through the radio and phone.

USB stick for music will only be recognized by the front USB port. It indexes and has all the controls that you would expect from other radios. However, where there is no one in the passenger seat and it essentially knows the driver is playing with the radio, it locks out some features. So you may want to arrange your music in larger folders as it will allow you to scroll thru the tracks. Artist search, album search etc cannot be done when in motion. Yet, when I reach the last song in a folder, it brings up a message to browse, and takes you to the search menu.

For the messaging, I am not using Android auto or anything special; just Bluetooth connection. I have allowed it to have access to my contacts, call history and messaging. What has really blown me away is the messaging. A message appears on display when a message comes in and you can choose to have it read to you. That's cool but she doesn't know how to pronounce the pet names my wife and I use. :) Thats okay. You can choose to reply with some preloaded messaging. Or.......you can edit the responses!!!!! So cool. When you get to the responses menu, there is an edit button on top right. Those responses will now be saved to use in the future.
Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need WiFi on to use Sync 4 (Or at least thats the way I understand it). Loving it also super nice.

OP
OP
RyanRallyX

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Need WiFi on to use Sync 4 (Or at least thats the way I understand it). Loving it also super nice.
From what I have read, the wifi needs to be on for the automatic updates, not for the phone features. Maybe for music or streaming? but I don't do that.
Sponsored