First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, that sucks. Glad you're ok. I can't believe that would be totaled? Unless the frame is bent or limited parts. I didn't read the whole thread though. Who knows at this point, such limited experience from accidents, with a unicorn vehicle. : ( I fear this every time I drive. Already had a few people "checking it out" almost run into me. Seems like a solid vehicle, based on this and the Tesla incident.
Sponsored

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ā€˜21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Seems like the Bronco kept you safe at least?

That's all that really matters.

Best of luck.

Brisco

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F350
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hopefully you get market value for your totaled vehicle and not msrp

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Unless it got into the frame I doubt it will be totaled. If it's not totaled be prepared for a very long repair time. Parts are going to be tough to source.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully you get market value for your totaled vehicle and not msrp
Insurance company will likely reimburse at MSRP. They only owe cost to replace and as we all know they are ā€œavail
Unless it got into the frame I doubt it will be totaled. If it's not totaled be prepared for a very long repair time. Parts are going to be tough to source.
which is why it will likely be totaled. No insurance company is going to pay loss of use (other driverā€™s) ad Infinitum. Insurance comapanies look at the bottom line: it is easier and less painful to pay total loss at (rough math) at 55,000 and get back 30000 in salvage return, then to open a can of worms on a repair that could be protracted and at least 25000. Having said that, the expected value of repair costs and expected salvage value are what the adjuster is likely looking at right now. If this was my Bronco, Iā€™d want it totaled.

if OP is considering using other drivers insurance (assuming they accept 100% liability), diminution in value is a potential factor in repairs. There is no DV if it is totaled.

Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It wonā€™t be totaled. Make sure the frame is not bent.
Small bumber accidents are $5000 these days.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hope the at fault party doesnā€™t have Geicoā€¦.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sucks that it happened, but glad you're okay.
Hopefully it's not totaled. In my pathetically amateur opinion it doesn't look like it should be, but airbag deployment complicates things.

Impressive how it handled that impact though. I've seen a couple of accidents where a Lexus barely had a scratch while the other vehicle was in bad shape. Flipped the script on this one.

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting. Can you guys provide some hypothetical examples of how a diminished value claim might impact the insurance companyā€™s decision to either pay to fix or simply total the vehicle?
I can. I lived in VA at the time. I had a 2010 F150 XLT and got thumped at an intersection in 2012. A car turned left into my drivers side doors as I went through. It pitted me into a street light on the passengers side at the a piller.

USAA took about 3 days to decide to fix it. Estimated damage was just under 20K. I argued I'd rather total it and they said they were sure it could be fixed for that amount. I then requested a depreciated value check once the work was complete. The adjuster said she would call me back.

Less than 30 minutes later, I got a call back. The truck was totaled. I could go to the shop it was towed to and pick up my personal items from it.

If I didn't know to request that check I'm sure they would have just fixed it and sent me on my way. Whatever the depreciated value was in addition to the repairs, put them over the top.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got my new OBX in early November and got t-boned last Thursday by a driver who ran a red light. It's up on the rack at the repair shop now to determine how bad it is. Not sure if I want it totaled or not! Stay safe out there...

IMG_2950.jpeg
Seems very unlikely, but I'm not sure how frame damage is handled with these cars.

Are these frames as repairable as a Wrangler?

Sponsored

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The damage looks minimal but won't know unless you look underneath. If the airbags didn't deploy, I would have just ridden around with the doors off. The good thing repair wise is that the fender is easily replaceable as well as the doors. The airbag system looks interesting to me because it is its own unit on the rail above. Can they just unbolt it and install another one? In most vehicle the airbag destroys a lot when it is triggered. The bronco has an interesting system that I hope costs much less.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ā€œInsurance company will likely reimburse at MSRP. They only owe cost to replace and as we all know they are ā€œavailā€

This is typically not the case for third party liability. The person that hits you owes you the value of the vehicle or repair, loss of use and loss of value. MSRP has nothing to do with the settlement amount. If you put 30k miles on it in 3 months and it was trashed inside an out itā€™s worth less. If it was low miles and in new condition, itā€™s what that vehicle would sell for or what it costs to replace that day. If that means MSRP plus $5k in your market, thatā€™s what it is. That value also goes I to the total loss equation (value-salvage value, loss of use, diminished value and repair cost). Some states have statutes that establish thresholds as well, so I would ask the adjuster about the formula and laws. My experience tells me the insurance companies are very aware and stringent related to state laws.

acbaldwi`

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangle, 2005 for Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, sorry about your accident.

For the multitude of morons, that think a red light means it's time to speed up, I hope that when, not if, this happens to you, your recovery time will be used wisely to study up on the meaning and purpose of red lights.

i thought it meant go faster :) jk

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just glad You walked away relatively unscathedā€¦thatā€™s whatā€™s important. Looks like it held up well vs the Lexus

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
I certainly would NOT think it is totaled....
Sponsored