Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First I want to say I know his voice is a snooze.
Mute the video. Because the content is good.
Good real world tests especially showing what having the sway bar connected vs disconnected does.

just mute, turn on music of choice and enjoy

Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was gonna post this just now, good thing I searched first.

I like this guy's videos though, it's just straight up content without the hype music and over enthusiastic voice overs

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cool video, though it sure looked and sounded like the Bronco scraped bottom at 8:38 and 9:06, even the narrator said it didnā€™t.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have both a Bronco Badlands 2 door and a Tacoma TRD OR in my driveway. Without watching the video I would fully expect the Bronco with dual lockers and sway bar disconnect to walk all over the Tacoma offroad.

ETA: having watched the video it didnā€™t surprise me that the Tacoma did fine but dragged front rear and center due to the longer wheelbase.

I actually like the presenterā€™s no BS no music approach.

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not exactly apples to apples. Different vehicles for different purposes, even if they go to the same place. Iā€™ll haul stuff in my Tacoma that I wonā€™t in my Bronco. Thankfully I have both and can use the correct tool for the job.

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not exactly apples to apples. Different vehicles for different purposes, even if they go to the same place.
I totally agree. A 4 door Bronco and some better than street tires on the Tacoma might garner a little less criticism from folks. I am no off-road expert by any means, but those 2 things were obvious even to a novice like me.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Actually a little disappointed with the lack of info. Only at the beginning did he mention that the Tacoma had the rear diff locked when it went up the hill, then they did the bronco without the read diff locked and oh it struggled. Lets keep the comparison as equal as possible please. Then the rest of the video had no mention of if diffs where locked or not which would be a huge deal if the bronco had it's front diff locked as the Tacoma can't.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Actually a little disappointed with the lack of info. Only at the beginning did he mention that the Tacoma had the rear diff locked when it went up the hill, then they did the bronco without the read diff locked and oh it struggled. Lets keep the comparison as equal as possible please. Then the rest of the video had no mention of if diffs where locked or not which would be a huge deal if the bronco had it's front diff locked as the Tacoma can't.
Your right not really a good comparison at all. All it really shows is that locking your lockers makes a big difference.
So the take away is what ever vehicle you get be sure it has lockers if you want to go on the trails.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can we get a two-door Badlands vs a Prius video? I just need to know more before I choose.
Go see the video on youtube where the prius gets stuck on a trail Matt's offroad recovery must get them out. It will all be so much clearer.....

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I liked the video. It was nice to see the bronco going up that first climb with the various options. I think they had these 2 vehicles and called it a comparison video. It seemed more like a capability video to me.

Reactions: RLW

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't the 2 dr Bronco a lot shorted the the Tacoma. If yes, then the break over is not the same. Why wouldn't they have used a 4 dr. Bronco? Just asking.
Sponsored