Citybronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Been dealing with rattle over 2 months. No amount of foam helped. Dropped my MY22 at ford today coincidentally while they discovered this bulletin. Replacing entire tailgate and hinges. Won’t be surprised if production delay. Surely will be two weeks without my bronco. Better than having this rattling driving me crazy.
Sponsored

az_dirt

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bad Sas AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good that there is a TSB on this, thanks for sharing. My tail gate has rattled since day one and not aligned, added a reinforcement and moved the spare inside and it rattles less. Heck, it all rattles and squeeks, I enjoy more spirited driving. Thank you.

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We added a BAMF tailgate support and really worked to do it so all was "just right". We do not have any rattle........and hope it stays that way.

If any of you do get this replacement done, if there are any upgrades in tailgate or hing strength please do report this. That might be the only way I'd get ours replaced.

NmfB

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Hoss 3.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I guess I should feel better that mine took so long to get built. I guess waiting for all of the deadly sins saved me from a rattle and a new tailgate. :unsure:

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Was hoping the fix was upgrade to raptor hinges

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still love my Bronco. No real issues. But come on.
Ford Bronco Tailgate rattle TSB for 2021-2022 Broncos built on or before July 25, 2022 IMG_4929

jakebadlands

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suffered through the tailgate rattle for about a year and a half. The rattles were so bad that I simply couldn't enjoy driving it, even with the volume up, and had depressing thoughts about selling. A few months ago, I drove around a service manager and he could hear the obnoxious noise and decided to order me a new tailgate. This was the third service manager I drove around. The two before gave me the "sorry thats how this thing was built nothing we can do" bs. Install went okay other than a few paint touch up issues which they did for me. They also put the Bronco badge too low. If you get a new tailgate, make sure to inspect the paint job and badge location before driving off. I have not heard the noise since! I also finally tackled my soft top rattle and for the first time since receiving my '21 Bronco, SILENCE. This TSB gives me a lot of hope for everyone else experiencing the same issues. It did not exist when I was going through this process. I have seen some other posts about the rattle coming back even with a new tailgate so it's not a sure fix. Hopefully a new tailgate will work for you guys like it did for me. I have the Hammerbuilt Reinforcement plate on now and not looking back.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, that sounds like a pretty extreme fix. Something physically broke/cracked?
I'm convinced its a cracked weld. The tick sounds identical to that. No way you TSB the entire tailgate for anything less.

As an aside I wish there was a way to negotiate with Ford lol. I'll live with the rattle, pay for half my swingout bumper. Win win.

Last edited:

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Better take it around the block for a test drive to try to re-create the problem first"

Ford Bronco Tailgate rattle TSB for 2021-2022 Broncos built on or before July 25, 2022 IMG_4929
Ford:
Have you taken it offroad?

Customer:
Ford Bronco Tailgate rattle TSB for 2021-2022 Broncos built on or before July 25, 2022 giphy-16

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For us soft top owners, how do you know it’s the tailgate and not the soft top?

I just figured rattles when going over bumps is part of the experience.

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I guess I should feel better that mine took so long to get built. I guess waiting for all of the deadly sins saved me from a rattle and a new tailgate. :unsure:
I was thinking the same thing. So I guess we are to assume they fixed their poor tailgate design for '23?

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ive got a subwoofer box mounted to mine.. I have a feeling they will use that against me
If they deny it because you have a subwoofer bolted on, that's on you because the subwoofer is removable and you should've taken it off before going LOL

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm well, I did a tire delete on my Bronco, have two jerry cans back there now, so I have never noticed a rattle. The 37 spare is sitting in the garage. If I need it, I drop it in the truck we have going out with us. I guess I can look into this...

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The light rattle seems to come and go…. I almost think it’s one of the plastic mounts of a wiring harness hitting metal… Look, these vehicles properly rattle like a true SUV, even with this particular one resolved.

I’m not concerned. Unless I see popped welds, warping in the tailgate, or a noticeable misalignment, I’m not doing this. My 2-dr. has been amazing. I love it.

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Been dealing with rattle over 2 months. No amount of foam helped. Dropped my MY22 at ford today coincidentally while they discovered this bulletin. Replacing entire tailgate and hinges. Won’t be surprised if production delay. Surely will be two weeks without my bronco. Better than having this rattling driving me crazy.
Why would you be without your Bronco for 2 weeks?

Have them order the TSB parts, schedule an appt once they arrive, and I’m thinking it’s no more than 1-2 days.
Sponsored