Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone have a video or recording of their rattle?
Sponsored

Pat

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2019 Triumph Speed Triple
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Finally, itā€™s not just the rattle but the damage to the tailgate as well.

Here is what mine looks like. Went thru the paint and took out some aluminum as well. I have a MIC top.
Ford Bronco Tailgate rattle TSB for 2021-2022 Broncos built on or before July 25, 2022 IMG_5974
Ford Bronco Tailgate rattle TSB for 2021-2022 Broncos built on or before July 25, 2022 IMG_5972

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finally, itā€™s not just the rattle but the damage to the tailgate as well.

Here is what mine looks like. Went thru the paint and took out some aluminum as well. I have a MIC top.
Ford Bronco Tailgate rattle TSB for 2021-2022 Broncos built on or before July 25, 2022 IMG_5972
Does anyone know what sort of ā€œrattleā€ this new TSB is designed to fix?

I have the styrofoam/water bottle sound in my tailgate, as discussed in other threads. Itā€™s more of a faint creaking sound as opposed to a louder metal-rattling sound.

Iā€™m trying to figure out what the ā€œrattleā€ in this TSB would sound like compared to mine.
Thanks for any thoughts.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was going to install a strengthening plate on my tailgate this weekend. Good timing! Now I'll wait until this gets done.

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have the styrofoam/water bottle sound in my tailgate, as discussed in other threads. Itā€™s more of a faint creaking sound as opposed to a louder metal-rattling sound.

Iā€™m trying to figure out what the ā€œrattleā€ in this TSB would sound like compared to mine.
Thanks for any thoughts.
I sat in the back while my daughter drove and narrowed it down to the bottom of the tailgate. Near the hinge.
I pushed on it and the rattle stopped. Let go and it came back

Only thing that helped is a moving blanked. Close the tailgate on it and the rattle is gone. Take it out and its back.
Not going to guess on what's causing it but it's inside near the lower hinge. At least it is on mine.
And it's annoying
Ford Bronco Tailgate rattle TSB for 2021-2022 Broncos built on or before July 25, 2022 Screenshot_20230524-181139_Gallery
Ford Bronco Tailgate rattle TSB for 2021-2022 Broncos built on or before July 25, 2022 Screenshot_20230524-181133_Gallery

22MavXLT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 22 Maverick XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, the reinforcements will stop the rattle too? Been contemplating putting one on my Wife's OB with Fuel wheel and 35" tire. Her's starting rattling at about 4000 miles and I have wedged rubber shims between the spare and those bumper things, but it still rattles.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A new one for any tailgate rattles

Ford Bronco Tailgate rattle TSB for 2021-2022 Broncos built on or before July 25, 2022 Screenshot_20230524-181133_Gallery
Thank goodness. I've been battling this for half a year, have already had my vehicle at the dealership for over four weeks combined for it. They've repainted the top edge already once and have tried to tighten it down to no success. It's currently back to bare metal on the top edge and I've been debating about what to do next (opened a case with Ford a while ago but they've not been at all responsive with me). Glad to see they are admitting an issue that was apparently corrected on July 25 2022 (two months after mine was built).

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Thanks for any thoughts.
Was wondering same. Not a rattle, but I'm pretty sure if I took my SAS spare off it would happen much less frequently or maybe disappear altogether...

Noting my first 6g bronco (RIP) had 33s on methods that were a total of about 10lbs less than 85lb oem squatch combo, and tailgate made no noises on that one (both were/are mic top)

If this is to fix the rubbing sound (aka rattle) this could get really expensive for Ford but mic 2.0 was proof they are at least somewhat committed to spending whatever $ it takes to reinforce product launch- I have no grasp of the economics

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I swear if they try to say my tailgate reinforcement plate and bracket caused the rattle, and refuse to do the TSB...

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had the exact same thing, and the ticking went away when I removed the spare tire. But after all that I lubed up the hinges from the inside and it went away, now I can't take it in because I'm sure they're gonna tell me there's nothing wrong with it, no ticking! Sonofabish...how do undo my temp fix? LOL

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I lathered the inside of my tailgate with white lithium grease. That 100% fixed the nasty rattle mine had. Iā€™d like to get it actually fixed, but I doubt they will do it since the lithium grease has covered it up so well.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm thinking they mean re-place. Remove change out the hardware and re-place. Rather then replace. But who knows anymore?
The TSB is for a whole new tailgate.
Sponsored