Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m curious how this tsb will effect those of us who installed reinforcement kits prior to this dropping. My tailgate never rattled, but the plastic side panels in the cargo space click randomly and loudly when going over bumps. Now that needs a tsb yesterday 🥴
Yeah, me too, I did install extra supports adn it didn't rattle before, but now it does and I've been wondering what the hell that sound is🤣, maybe I will retrace my steps and check screw and bolt tightness before I complain.
Sponsored

TheBroncolorian

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, me too, I did install extra supports adn it didn't rattle before, but now it does and I've been wondering what the hell that sound is🤣, maybe I will retrace my steps and check screw and bolt tightness before I complain.
It’s definitely worth a look to pop the soft top bolt covers off and press on the interior panels around it to see if that’s a source of noise. I hope whoever thought to interlock the plastic interior with the aluminum fenders without a rubber grommet of some kind never has front row parking on the hottest days.

splytsecond

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know what sort of “rattle” this new TSB is designed to fix?

I have the styrofoam/water bottle sound in my tailgate, as discussed in other threads. It’s more of a faint creaking sound as opposed to a louder metal-rattling sound.

I’m trying to figure out what the “rattle” in this TSB would sound like compared to mine.
Thanks for any thoughts.
i have this same styrofoam/water bottle squeak/rattle combo whatever you wanna call it

is this what everyone else is experiencing also or is it more of a metallic tick or clunk??

in the same boat worried about paint match and wondering if the reinforcement will fix it.

FWIW - mine seems to happen when i hit a glorious Chicagoland pothole on the driver's side more so than the passenger side. it's also worse in colder weather than warmer. or maybe thats just when we have more potholes lol

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder if this TSB would continue into the ESP duration.

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I swear if they try to say my tailgate reinforcement plate and bracket caused the rattle, and refuse to do the TSB...
Wait…. I thought a TSB was always performed, kind of like a recall; they just don’t have to notify you, unlike a recall.

I’ve never heard of a TSB being refused.

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The build quality between my 21 and 23 is night and day. The doors shut like normal doors, no tin can but solid feel. I was told the hinges and seals were completely redesigned. Zero rattles from the tailgate even from the hard top. The vehicle also feels way more planted and doesn’t shake you to hell over railroad tracks or road imperfections. I knew it wasn’t all in my head. I literally have a Dashcam that beeps thinking it was impacted all the time. I moved the Dashcam to the 23’ and it rarely goes off anymore it’s so smooth

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait…. I thought a TSB was always performed, kind of like a recall; they just don’t have to notify you, unlike a recall.

TSBs have to be shown to actually have the symptoms present. They can still say you caused the symptoms yourself with modifications all they want.

WhoaNelly

Big Bend
First Name
Viraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, MV Agusta TV800
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a mid-2021 build 2-door that had this annoying-AF rattle for 6 out of the 9 months that I owned it. I took it twice to my local dealership and they managed to do squat about it. I can't believe that they're releasing the TSB just now as this has been documented in Broncos for more than a year. While not the most egregious issue that led me to sell mine, it was the most obvious and disappointing since this was a brand new vehicle.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had the exact same thing, and the ticking went away when I removed the spare tire. But after all that I lubed up the hinges from the inside and it went away, now I can't take it in because I'm sure they're gonna tell me there's nothing wrong with it, no ticking! Sonofabish...how do undo my temp fix? LOL
Drip some alcohol onto the hinges, it'll eventually wash the grease off.

i have this same styrofoam/water bottle squeak/rattle combo whatever you wanna call it

is this what everyone else is experiencing also or is it more of a metallic tick or clunk??

in the same boat worried about paint match and wondering if the reinforcement will fix it.

FWIW - mine seems to happen when i hit a glorious Chicagoland pothole on the driver's side more so than the passenger side. it's also worse in colder weather than warmer. or maybe thats just when we have more potholes lol
Mine has a clunk, but I'm pretty sure it's from my tire carrier and not this, because as far as I can remember it only started when I installed the carrier. But the situation is the same for me, only when I hit a decent size bump will I hear anything from it at all. Thought I had it pretty well isolated to the tire carrier itself but now I'm wondering just what exactly this rattle is supposed to sound like that the TSB is for. Maybe the carrier caused it initially but the problem is in the tailgate? I dunno. What I do know is that I'm not having any rubbing issues against the top like what's been posted, as I've adjusted my hinges to account for having less weight on the tailgate itself.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if this TSB would continue into the ESP duration.
Yes it would as long as the TSB is still active and the tailgate is a part which is covered under your ESP plan.

TSBs are only perform if the vehicle is exhibiting the specific issue. If the dealer cannot duplicate the concern, it doesn’t apply and they may not/aren’t required to perform the repair.

Sponsored

Arlo.Overland

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They will never be able to get paint to match especially those of us with Cyber Orange.

Mike_D

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4D Bronco BD, '23 2D Bronco Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will they let you keep the old tailgate?
Might be nice to have the spare down the road, or to use it for a creative project like they had at Off Roadeo. (Bench?)

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They will never be able to get paint to match especially those of us with Cyber Orange.
My initial thought as well. Then I remembered my 2011 Mustang with candy red metallic paint. A third party body shop matched it perfectly.

broncopaws

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 1978 Bronco, 1996 Bronco, 2005 Ex
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have an annoying squeaking sound from the back door. Is this the same as the rattle?
Sponsored