First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This might be a dumb question, but I have this issue and my tailgate has PPF on it. Would I have to pay out of pocket to have the PPF replaced, if my tailgate is replaced due to the TSB?
No, Ford will pay for it, their part is at fault, not you. Don’t let dealer convince you otherwise.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a CO owner, too. I’m curious: Why would it be harder to match that particular color?
CO is a tri-coat which is what gives it that sparkle effect. My dealer has already done some touch ups for me and have matched it to my satisfaction. An entire tailgate paint job is another story but hopefully they are able to replicate the original. I know for me it is worth it to get mine replaced at this point because of the annoyance of the noise and because of the paint loss on the top edge. Going to just have to hope for the best.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those asking , I have tracked every non-acceptable rattle/squeak down.

The "water bottle" squeak is the tailgate rubbing on the rubber seal of your MIC Top Glass. This is eliminated entirely by running a piece of felt along the top of the tailgate.

The sound this TSB is addressing sounds like a newtons cradle from inside the tailgate. Distinct metal on metal contact/popping.

Due to the nuclear level fix from Ford, I'm convinced its a failed weld.

jakebadlands

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I swear if they try to say my tailgate reinforcement plate and bracket caused the rattle, and refuse to do the TSB...
Just take it off before you go in as with any aftermarket parts that might cause any amount of concern for dealers.

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A new one for any tailgate rattles

Screenshot_20230524_101747_Chrome.jpg
i have had this rattle since i got it. brought it up to ford service advisors before but its random so its hard to diagnose. Its worse in cooler temps month than hot.

Sponsored

LAB0035

Badlands
First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This might be a dumb question, but I have this issue and my tailgate has PPF on it. Would I have to pay out of pocket to have the PPF replaced, if my tailgate is replaced due to the TSB?
YES......

najay

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss 302, focus st, gen1 lightning, f250 7.3l 4wd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My raptor was on QA hold and one of the items they replaced was the tailgate. I wonder if that was related. I do not have the rattle issue they described.

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT (Bagged and Boosted) x 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m curious how this tsb will effect those of us who installed reinforcement kits prior to this dropping. My tailgate never rattled, but the plastic side panels in the cargo space click randomly and loudly when going over bumps. Now that needs a tsb yesterday 🥴
I wonder if that's what I have. It's random and intermittent (not all bumps make it happen). It legit sounds like a loud "CRACK"

TheBroncolorian

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder if that's what I have. It's random and intermittent (not all bumps make it happen). It legit sounds like a loud "CRACK"
I would encourage you to check the interior panels and see if there is rubbing where it connects internally to the fender behind the soft top mounting points. Might be an easier fix that won’t involve time spent at the dealer.
Sponsored