Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Better take it around the block for a test drive to try to re-create the problem first"

Ford Bronco Tailgate rattle TSB for 2021-2022 Broncos built on or before July 25, 2022 giphy

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This might be a dumb question, but I have this issue and my tailgate has PPF on it. Would I have to pay out of pocket to have the PPF replaced, if my tailgate is replaced due to the TSB?

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This might be a dumb question, but I have this issue and my tailgate has PPF on it. Would I have to pay out of pocket to have the PPF replaced, if my tailgate is replaced due to the TSB?
Yah ford will not cover aftermarket parts. You will have too ppf again at your cost. Hopefully ford dosnt try to pin the rattle on the ppf 🤣 and void your warranty.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well certainly glad I put the tailgate support on it. Pretty much cured it. Not gonna take it in for this. Not to mention the color will never match.

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, the body shop at the dealer would have to shoot this? I agree, matching problem. Think I can live with rattle.

Boostedblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2011 F-250, 2004 Ranger 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would think it depends on the warranty and who did the PPF. check with whoever did it and ask them. The person that did mine said if they have to replace any body panel for damage or what ever, he could have another piece cut and put on for free.

OP
OP
Doubleblkdiamond

Doubleblkdiamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would at least ask and try and have it covered

Sponsored

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, that sounds like a pretty extreme fix. Something physically broke/cracked?

TheBroncolorian

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m curious how this tsb will effect those of us who installed reinforcement kits prior to this dropping. My tailgate never rattled, but the plastic side panels in the cargo space click randomly and loudly when going over bumps. Now that needs a tsb yesterday 🥴

Last edited:

CObronco8289

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes unfortunately. Factory will not pay for anything extra that needs to be removed or replaced that is not factory part. That goes for extra labor for anyone with tailgate reenforcement plates, attachments, wiring, etc. Some dealers will possibly do a “free customer service” on easy things, but that’s between you and your dealer.
Side note: I’m not a Ford employee, but have worked in dealerships and auto industry for many years, and that has been the commonality I’ve seen for instances like this.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ive got a subwoofer box mounted to mine.. I have a feeling they will use that against me
Sponsored