First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niner Air 9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco (4dr hardtop sas) just started making this metallic popping/clicking noise while driving on roads that aren't perfectly smooth. It started at about 900 miles on the car. It is constant and it is driving me insane. I cannot reproduce the sound while the car is parked. I have no one to drive me around while I sit in the back but I'm pretty sure it's the tailgate. I've read about various tailgate noises and wondering if this type of noise has happened to anyone.
Sponsored

Jelly81Raider

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah I had that as well. Went away when I put on one of the reinforcement brackets. I think the SAS tires are quite a load for that swing gate.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My Bronco (4dr hardtop sas) just started making this metallic popping/clicking noise while driving on roads that aren't perfectly smooth. It started at about 900 miles on the car. It is constant and it is driving me insane. I cannot reproduce the sound while the car is parked. I have no one to drive me around while I sit in the back but I'm pretty sure it's the tailgate. I've read about various tailgate noises and wondering if this type of noise has happened to anyone.
Hi there, Trevor! I can look into your Bronco’s tailgate rattle concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Geo2

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes this happened to me. My tailgate was replaced…. It’s been about 4000 miles since… AND NOW THE METAL RATTLE HAS STARTED BACK UP! So maddening. @Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
yes this happened to me. My tailgate was replaced…. It’s been about 4000 miles since… AND NOW THE METAL RATTLE HAS STARTED BACK UP! So maddening. @Ford Motor Company
Good morning, George. Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this rattle concern for you? Thank you!

Sponsored
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m having the same problem. Started at around 1500 miles. Sounds like I have a crate of water bottles rubbing together in my cargo area when I am on bumpy/uneven roads, and it seems to be getting worse. You guys get any help from @Ford Motor Company?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m having the same problem. Started at around 1500 miles. Sounds like I have a crate of water bottles rubbing together in my cargo area when I am on bumpy/uneven roads, and it seems to be getting worse. You guys get any help from @Ford Motor Company?
Hi Nathan. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Bmisk19

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good morning, George. Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this rattle concern for you? Thank you!
[/QUO
Same thing has been happening to me since about 1500-2000 miles. I’m at 12000 miles now and I can’t take this noise anymore @Ford Motor Company

Geo2

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took my Bronco into my dealership today and I have a scheduled appointment 10/20 to have it evulated by a technician. I will keep the thread updated once I have more info. However, I can say that the metal ticking sound has gotten worse and grows more frequent everyday I drive my Bronco. I have also developed a hollow plastic rattle at the tale gate area that I can’t pinpoint, but maybe coming from the rear wiper housing.

OP
OP
tambrico

tambrico

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niner Air 9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took my Bronco into my dealership today and I have a scheduled appointment 10/20 to have it evulated by a technician. I will keep the thread updated once I have more info. However, I can say that the metal ticking sound has gotten worse and grows more frequent everyday I drive my Bronco. I have also developed a hollow plastic rattle at the tale gate area that I can’t pinpoint, but maybe coming from the rear wiper housing.

Any updates? I brought mine in and they said they tightened the spare tire mount. But that didnt solve the issue so it's going back again monday. Did a ride along with the tech who heard the sound very clearly while I was with him.

Sponsored

Geo2

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have any updates yet. I dropped it off yesterday and it's been there ever since. I have previously had this happen and they replaced the tailgate. I drove for some time (4000 miles+) and the sound started up again. Since the time that I scheduled my appointment until now the sound progressively became more frequent. I truly believe this is a design flaw. The tailgate can't withstand the heavy full-size tire. I hope Ford re-engineers with heavy duty hinges and a distribution mounting plate in the future. I believe the Raptor has been outfitted with heavy duty hardware to withstand the pressures, although I haven't seen it in person.

StoicAF

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah I had that as well. Went away when I put on one of the reinforcement brackets. I think the SAS tires are quite a load for that swing gate.
I have the same thing as well I added a tailgate reinforcement. The noise has not fully gone away but does happen less

ChrisE

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw, Mustang, Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m having the same problem as others have noted. I've gone through every thing on it that could be an issue, I've sprayed lithium grease like some said to do. And no change. it's driving me nuts and seems to be getting worse. I have a bout 4,400 miles. I have brought to my dealer, but we originally thought it was the top and did a TSB that fixed nothing. I told them to forget about it. there is no one who knows how to address this and we'll wait until someone does. . As others have said, it sounds like I have water bottles rubbing together and actually is as bad on smooth roads now as bumpy. It has everything to do with a 100 lb tire hanging on the back cause people have said it stops if you remove the tire. The thinking is poor pinch welds or something. I've been in and out of the dealer with quality issues with this truck and have more that need to be addressed. This is such a drag. Please, someone post if they learn of a real fix or Ford, get this resolved. It's not isolated
@Ford Motor Company

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Out of curiosity...are all these only on squatched or are some non squatch?