Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a DIY solution. You could use alternative shelving material. I will likely lay up a piece of high density foam core composite, just because i like doing that lightweight chit.

There are several aftermarket providers as well in the $70 to 200 range....

For the slide out shelf in the cargo area, Rockler sells some really strong sliders. I suspect most Bronco owners are pretty handy in the shop and could knock out a nice slider pretty quick.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's a DIY solution. You could use alternative shelving material. I will likely lay up a piece of high density foam core composite, just because i like doing that lightweight chit.

There are several aftermarket providers as well in the $70 to 200 range....

For the slide out shelf in the cargo area, Rockler sells some really strong sliders. I suspect most Bronco owners are pretty handy in the shop and could knock out a nice slider pretty quick.
Huh. So maybe instead of the slider and losing the cubby holes, we build this drop down shelf on the door! I want it strong enough to sit on....

Lots of things available out there, but weight limits under 100#....

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Huh. So maybe instead of the slider and losing the cubby holes, we build this drop down shelf on the door! I want it strong enough to sit on....

Lots of things available out there, but weight limits under 100#....
Dude, you don't want to sit on the table/shelf on the door. There is already a bunch of weight with the spare tire and the weight of the gate itself. Those hinges aren't meant to hold an adult human's weight.
Sponsored