Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 CTS-V, 2017 Malibu Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Review for Rear Door Tailgate Table for 2021 2022 Ford Bronco DOLKSN, Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B9GQCZ1G

Got this table for the Bronco because I didn't want to drill holes in tailgate and it looked nice. I little weary of no reviews, but the video made it seem very easy. For a no drill the price was right $189 for the MOLLE grid version and it looked much simpler/faster to install than other “no drill” tables. Weight listed as 20lbs but it seemed lighter than that and it only sticks out 2 inches. Worked great at our first tailgate! Hung stuff from the Molle etc..very nice to have. BUT, here are the struggles. Looking back I would have just went with the Ford one and drilled a couple holes.

#1 The upper threaded bars that slide in the slot did not fit (design fail #1). Had to drill slots making them into keyholes (Ford should make them this way to start)…however the drilling happens under the plastic upper trim piece so drilling would be hidden if you remove the table. Be VERY careful removing the upper plastic trim piece…you have to bully the bottom clips but after that be very careful to lower the trim piece down so you don’t snap the upper plastic tabs.
Ford Bronco Tailgate Table DOLKSN "No Drill" <not>, Review 0 no_fit
Ford Bronco Tailgate Table DOLKSN "No Drill" <not>, Review 1 no_fit

#2 Had to drill upper 4 slots into keyholes. Used a bunch of electrical tape to make sure 5/16ths drill would stop before threading in and damaging the exterior tailgate sheet metal. Method: VERY slowly let drill thread into the slot, maybe ¼ turn total and STOP. Once it’s threaded in, pull drill away from the tailgate while hitting the trigger again so you are pulling drill away from the tailgate while drilling.
Ford Bronco Tailgate Table DOLKSN "No Drill" <not>, Review 2 electrical_tape
Ford Bronco Tailgate Table DOLKSN "No Drill" <not>, Review 3 drill_ti

Ford Bronco Tailgate Table DOLKSN "No Drill" <not>, Review 4 keyhole

#3 If I did it again, I would use blue Loctite on the 4 screws that hold the upper brackets. The lower ones loosened on our first trip and I’m concerned the upper ones will eventually loosen. You can hold the threaded bar vertical with your fingers for 3 of the 4 locations. Make sure all 4 bars are vertical once you tighten them.

#4 The bottom slots – make sure that the threaded bar is vertical and make it tight. I did not pay much attention the first time and it came loose on our first trip. I had to use an allen wrench (short end) to hold the threaded bar vertical while I tightened the 8mm screw very tight. It’s been fine since, but the screw did scratch the tailgate under the lower tailgate slot while I was trying to fix..can see it a little bit below..right lower…grrr.
Ford Bronco Tailgate Table DOLKSN "No Drill" <not>, Review 8 table_u

#5 The four bolts that hold the top panel to the brackets/tailgate – you CAN’T use the washer/lock washer. If you do, the screw heads hit the table in the up position. (design fail #2) I had to remove the washers and it works fine. I would recommend using Loctite here as well because you can’t use the included lock washer.
Ford Bronco Tailgate Table DOLKSN "No Drill" <not>, Review 5 cant_use_washers

#6 Corner was damaged in shipping, I wanted to get it installed in time for the football game so I straightened out and painted.
Ford Bronco Tailgate Table DOLKSN "No Drill" <not>, Review 6 shipping_damage

#7 Washer/Nut order: The instructional video on Amazon is WRONG and conflicts with instructions. The illustrations on the instructions are way to small – you can’t see what the real order is. You must read the instructions and use the hardware in the order of the words. See picture for how the cable is attached for example. Plastic washer on the outside next to the cable eye hole.
Ford Bronco Tailgate Table DOLKSN "No Drill" <not>, Review 7 washer_order

#8 When open, it does have mountains and says 1966 which is pretty cool – realized I did not have a picture of it down….so went out in the Blizzard to take the last picture..snow obscures the mountain/1966 graphics! 17 degrees, 50 mph winds and snow...brrrrr.
Ford Bronco Tailgate Table DOLKSN "No Drill" <not>, Review 9 table down

This product is also sold by various other odd nonsense China manufacturers…OUSUWO..Ecarzo..etc..my advice? Get the OEM Ford table with your points and drill a couple holes…but I’m happy, so far, with this one – other than the installation struggles.

Wanted to get a review out there.
Sponsored

Big Hoss

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Instead of drilling you could file down the tabs to fit in the hole. That is what I did

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of you who might not be aware, the Ford tailgate table does require drilling two (four?) holes. The installation hardware comes with the drill bit required AND, also a drill bit stop collar. The stop collar keeps the drill bit from hitting the outside metal of the tailgate as the drill “breaks through” the inner skin of the tailgate. You clamp it down to the drill bit around 1/2” from the end.

I’ve never worried about drilling holes, as the table says BRONCO on it and will probably never be removed. I think any manufacturer’s table is fricking great for camping.
Ford Bronco Tailgate Table DOLKSN "No Drill" <not>, Review ABD80DD4-9CA6-4DC5-B0FA-CB7C3F0C10C9
Ford Bronco Tailgate Table DOLKSN "No Drill" <not>, Review BC8128DB-0F22-423F-8F93-B198727465CA

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Issues with fitment/hardware, flawed design, needing to modify just to make the install work, instructions unclear, product damaged and price only slightly less than OEM. Yeah, this is why I don’t buy anything off Amazon

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got this table for the Bronco because I didn't want to drill holes in tailgate and it looked nice. I little weary of no reviews, but the video made it seem very easy. For a no drill the price was right $189 for the MOLLE grid version and it looked much simpler/faster to install than other “no drill” tables. Weight listed as 20lbs but it seemed lighter than that and it only sticks out 2 inches. Worked great at our first tailgate! Hung stuff from the Molle etc..very nice to have. BUT, here are the struggles. Looking back I would have just went with the Ford one and drilled a couple holes.

#1 The upper threaded bars that slide in the slot did not fit (design fail #1). Had to drill slots making them into keyholes (Ford should make them this way to start)…however the drilling happens under the plastic upper trim piece so drilling would be hidden if you remove the table. Be VERY careful removing the upper plastic trim piece…you have to bully the bottom clips but after that be very careful to lower the trim piece down so you don’t snap the upper plastic tabs.
Ford Bronco Tailgate Table DOLKSN "No Drill" <not>, Review BC8128DB-0F22-423F-8F93-B198727465CA

#2 Had to drill upper 4 slots into keyholes. Used a bunch of electrical tape to make sure 5/16ths drill would stop before threading in and damaging the exterior tailgate sheet metal. Method: VERY slowly let drill thread into the slot, maybe ¼ turn total and STOP. Once it’s threaded in, pull drill away from the tailgate while hitting the trigger again so you are pulling drill away from the tailgate while drilling.

#3 If I did it again, I would use blue Loctite on the 4 screws that hold the upper brackets. The lower ones loosened on our first trip and I’m concerned the upper ones will eventually loosen. You can hold the threaded bar vertical with your fingers for 3 of the 4 locations. Make sure all 4 bars are vertical once you tighten them.

#4 The bottom slots – make sure that the threaded bar is vertical and make it tight. I did not pay much attention the first time and it came loose on our first trip. I had to use an allen wrench (short end) to hold the threaded bar vertical while I tightened the 8mm screw very tight. It’s been fine since, but the screw did scratch the tailgate under the lower tailgate slot while I was trying to fix..can see it a little bit below..right lower…grrr.

#5 The four bolts that hold the top panel to the brackets/tailgate – you CAN’T use the washer/lock washer. If you do, the screw heads hit the table in the up position. (design fail #2) I had to remove the washers and it works fine. I would recommend using Loctite here as well because you can’t use the included lock washer.

#6 Corner was damaged in shipping, I wanted to get it installed in time for the football game so I straightened out and painted.

#7 Washer/Nut order: The instructional video on Amazon is WRONG and conflicts with instructions. The illustrations on the instructions are way to small – you can’t see what the real order is. You must read the instructions and use the hardware in the order of the words. See picture for how the cable is attached for example. Plastic washer on the outside next to the cable eye hole.

#8 When open, it does have mountains and says 1966 which is pretty cool – realized I did not have a picture of it down….so went out in the Blizzard to take the last picture..snow obscures the mountain/1966 graphics! 17 degrees, 50 mph winds and snow...brrrrr.

This product is also sold by various other odd nonsense China manufacturers…OUSUWO..Ecarzo..etc..my advice? Get the OEM Ford table with your points and drill a couple holes…but I’m happy, so far, with this one – other than the installation struggles.

.... quick trick for the top one, feed it from the massive hole on the left that's what i did. :)
Worked like a charm. No need to drill.

I took a piece of painters tape and put the piece on it.
Then with one finger took it through the round hole and to it's final position.
Then with one finger still on it, I threaded in the screw... then just pulled the tape off.

Tape acts as a backer, and to not drop the piece.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tametz

tametz

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom & Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

.... quick trick for the top one, feed it from the massive hole on the left that's what i did. :)
Worked like a charm. No need to drill.

I took a piece of painters tape and put the piece on it.
Then with one finger took it through the round hole and to it's final position.
Then with one finger still on it, I threaded in the screw... then just pulled the tape off.

Tape acts as a backer, and to not drop the piece.
Yea, I thought about it! But they only give you four of those bars, so if you drop one....game over! Not only do you lose the piece but it might rattle around in there. I Weighed the risk and decided to do it the <safer> way and make the hole a key hole. There was definitely one hole that was tougher than the other three as well...three were easy to reach a finger around.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At first I was worried about holes then said im never taking this thing off,sorry you had such trouble installing that,here's the rockslide engineering table took 15 min to install and doesn't make a sound

20220810_152303.jpg

OP
OP
tametz

tametz

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom & Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At first I was worried about holes then said im never taking this thing off,sorry you had such trouble installing that,here's the rockslide engineering table took 15 min to install and doesn't make a sound

Ford Bronco Tailgate Table DOLKSN "No Drill" <not>, Review 20220810_152303
Looks great! This one was on my short list. Yea, just drill the holes!! Worst case I bet you can find black plugs to hide the holes if you ever remove it....I should not have worried about the holes, live and learn.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I would have put it back in the package and sent it back once a drill was needed.
Then 1 star it on Amazon.
Sponsored