Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

here is an easy DIY project you can do in an afternoon in your driveway,enjoy the first of many adventure camping upgrades to "Bucky"
Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Excited to have some install videos coming out for parts sitting in my garage, sans Bronco. Thanks for sharing

Mdh186

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ouch - drilling and rattles. Two of my larger concerns. Guessing corrosion isn’t an issue with aluminum? Seems like they could’ve put something in to avoid rattles from the factory. Oh well. Undecided on something I really thought would be nice.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rednek

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ouch - drilling and rattles. Two of my larger concerns. Guessing corrosion isn’t an issue with aluminum? Seems like they could’ve put something in to avoid rattles from the factory. Oh well. Undecided on something I really thought would be nice.
rattle was a easy fix,and like i said drill the first holes to get the crying over as there will be many more in future lol

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
rattle was a easy fix,and like i said drill the first holes to get the crying over as there will be many more in future lol
My Bronco is my fifth convertible. When I see someone concerned about rattles it reminds me that someone hasn’t probably owned a Wrangler, BMW or Porsche convertibles. My Wildtrak is simple a fine vehicle for what it is. Thanks for the Video Rednek, I have the table but delayed to install it when I saw the drilling steps. This helps me realize someone else has already drilled into theirs. And, in Canada!

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

here is an easy DIY project you can do in an afternoon in your driveway,enjoy the first of many adventure camping upgrades to "Bucky"
Looks like you have a sas? If so what is the height of the table off the ground when folded down?

skithebadlands

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 340, manual, AWE exhaust, MHD tune
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks so much for the video. The supplied instructions leave a lot to be desired. Took me about 2.5 hours working slowly and double checking my work while watching your video. But now I could probably do another install in 20-30 minutes. In the instructions I received as well as your video I couldn't tell if the rubber tubes (the ones with the glue inside) go on the top edge or bottom. In the end I am pretty sure the top ones go on the top edge and the bottom ones (the long ones) go on the bottom edge. It's not intuitive at first but if you try it you'll see why that is probably correct. It has to do with the direction that the table mount fits through those slots in the tailgate. The rubber edging is to prevent metal on metal contact. I think it's correct feel free to prove me wrong. As far as the concerns that others have raised regarding the bolt length that is not an issue. I think any damage to the outer tailgate metal is due to the drillbit. I didn't use a stop but I've got pretty steady hands. Don't push the drill. Just be patient and let it do its thing slowly. And thanks for the tip regarding starting with a much smaller drillbit and working your way up to 7/16th. Worked like a charm.

20211117_225239.jpg

20211117_225713.jpg

20211117_225814.jpg

Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks so much for the video. The supplied instructions leave a lot to be desired. Took me about 2.5 hours working slowly and double checking my work while watching your video. But now I could probably do another install in 20-30 minutes. In the instructions I received as well as your video I couldn't tell if the rubber tubes (the ones with the glue inside) go on the top edge or bottom. In the end I am pretty sure the top ones go on the top edge and the bottom ones (the long ones) go on the bottom edge. It's not intuitive at first but if you try it you'll see why that is probably correct. It has to do with the direction that the table mount fits through those slots in the tailgate. The rubber edging is to prevent metal on metal contact. I think it's correct feel free to prove me wrong. As far as the concerns that others have raised regarding the bolt length that is not an issue. I think any damage to the outer tailgate metal is due to the drillbit. I didn't use a stop but I've got pretty steady hands. Don't push the drill. Just be patient and let it do its thing slowly. And thanks for the tip regarding starting with a much smaller drillbit and working your way up to 7/16th. Worked like a charm.

Ford Bronco Tailgate table install 20211117_225814

I like those collapsible bar stools you got there. Where’d you pick those up?

skithebadlands

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 340, manual, AWE exhaust, MHD tune
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A little store called Amazon! They hold like 350 lbs. Search them up. You'll find them.

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the same table last week. No rattle at all for me, even on these terrible OK roads. I have a 2 dr, but doubt that makes a difference. Nice write up.

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if the table would interfere with the storage (fixed lid) when the door closes. I have ordered both (no Bronco yet).

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the table would interfere with the storage (fixed lid) when the door closes. I have ordered both (no Bronco yet).
It sorta kinda does not interfere. Sounds like you have to remove the rubber stripping off the lid in able to close the tailgate. I’m waiting to find out if there’s room for a thinner piece of rubber there, or some way to create a seal.
Sponsored