Sponsored

Take my money, Ford! (A Win/Win Idea for Ford)

JimiRads

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am sure that I can't be the only person in this situation.

Currently my wife and I share my 10 Year Old Focus. While we have gotten our money out of the car, it is edging closer and closer to dying. I have thought about leasing a car until my Bronco comes in, but who knows when that will be. I don't want to potentially screw myself by ending up on the bad end of an early lease, but I don't know how much longer we will be able to get out of the Focus.

Here is my idea that I think would be a win/win for Ford. Due to the constant issues with the Bronco, and no solid timeline on when we will be able to get ours, I think it would be great if Ford would allow reservation holders to lease a car until the Bronco comes in, with the caveat that there would be no penality for turning in the lease early. I would happily give Ford a lease payment every month if I knew that I could turn in the lease as soon as the Bronco was ready without worrying if I was going to owe any money on the lease.

Anyone else playing a game of chicken with their current vehicle while waiting for a Bronco that might not get here for another year?
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the very scarce supply of vehicles on lots, I’m guessing they’re not interested in that when they can basically sell at or over MSRP.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The term you're looking for is "rental car." Ford Motor Company sells cars to dealers, not to you. There is no incentive to offer short-term leases that will turn into used cars. Why not just buy a car then trade it in when the Bronco comes? Because the value of your trade in will not be the same price you owe to the bank (or what you paid in cash)...nothing changes if you lease a car in this scenario, and Ford or their dealers don't want to be on the hook for that lost value.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buy the right vehicle and you might actually win, there's no telling with the crazy market right now.

I thought one of the dealers here actually had something like that going though ....lease a Jeep short term from their Dodge/Jeep unit and you turn it in when your Bronco comes in.

There's folks lining up for those lease turn ins already.

All of which proves your idea has merit.

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy the right vehicle and you might actually win, there's no telling with the crazy market right now.

I thought one of the dealers here actually had something like that going though ....lease a Jeep short term from their Dodge/Jeep unit and you turn it in when your Bronco comes in.

There's folks lining up for those lease turn ins already.

All of which proves your idea has merit.
Indeed - Chapman in Phila area (@DealerInsider) is doing this and I’m one of the people who have leased a Jeep Willys Unlimited on a guaranteed buyout scenario until my Bronco arrives.
Kept me from having to daily-drive my Z3 - love the car, but…:D

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like others have said, it's not a bad idea if there wasn't already a car shortage. My lease ends this May and I have no idea what I'll do it I get my Bronco after that date.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like others have said, it's not a bad idea if there wasn't already a car shortage. My lease ends this May and I have no idea what I'll do it I get my Bronco after that date.
I was able to extend the term on my Volvo XC90 a couple months back in February, but maybe others will let you do more. If it is a Ford then I’d think you will have some wiggle room.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Currently my wife and I share my 10 Year Old Focus. While we have gotten our money out of the car, it is edging closer and closer to dying. I have thought about leasing a car until my Bronco comes in, but who knows when that will be. I don't want to potentially screw myself by ending up on the bad end of an early lease, but I don't know how much longer we will be able to get out of the Focus.

Here is my idea that I think would be a win/win for Ford. Due to the constant issues with the Bronco, and no solid timeline on when we will be able to get ours, I think it would be great if Ford would allow reservation holders to lease a car until the Bronco comes in, with the caveat that there would be no penality for turning in the lease early. I would happily give Ford a lease payment every month if I knew that I could turn in the lease as soon as the Bronco was ready without worrying if I was going to owe any money on the lease.

Anyone else playing a game of chicken with their current vehicle while waiting for a Bronco that might not get here for another year?
I canceled my Bronco and bought a MachE. Awesome car. Now I am waiting for 2022 order banks to see if I can get a 2 door Base soft top in green. May order one after I get a test driving. Probably not going to happen but you never know.

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah man. My current Jeep lease is up on June 1 2022. I’m an October reservation and too stubborn to switch my hard top to a soft top. So absolute best case scenario my Bronco comes mid summer next year (not an unreasonable expectation in my opinion) worst case it comes later and I have to figure out a ride- either sharing my wife’s car or trying to get a short term lease. I dont think I have the fortitude to wait until 2023…

No dealer on this planet is going to give you a short term lease or a lease with no return penalty (in addition to the remaining payments of your lease term). That said, swapalease.com will let you pick up someone elses lease and if you find someone toward the end of their contract you could be in good shape.

Buying a ride is not a bad option either and will give you a little bit of a tax break on your Bronco since you would be doing a trade in.

best of luck!

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm playing a game of chicken, yes, but don't see this as a viable option - unless you're down to lease a body-less F550 chassis cab, which is about all my local dealers have left in new inventory.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was able to extend the term on my Volvo XC90 a couple months back in February, but maybe others will let you do more. If it is a Ford then I’d think you will have some wiggle room.
Unfortunately it's not, but I was planning on asking when it comes closer to the lease maturity. Thank you though.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately it's not, but I was planning on asking when it comes closer to the lease maturity. Thank you though.
The leasing entity probably has their end of term policy and options published on their site. Volvo did, and said they would give "up to" 3 months, but only gave me 2 when I asked.
Sponsored