Sponsored

TAKE MY WINDSHIELD POLL!

Have you had to replace your windshield?

• Total voters

broncoGIRL21

Big Bend
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

RANT: I got a chip on my windshield about two months ago. It immediately spread across the entire windshield. Due to backorder, it took 4 weeks to get replaced. I own a Wrangler, so I patiently understand the vertical windshield problem.

I've been driving with my brand-new windshield for 3 weeks. Yesterday: Another chip, and hours later it had spread across the entire windshield. This morning: ANOTHER CHIP.

I avoid semis, don't tailgate, and leave massive gaps between myself and other cars because I didn't want another chip. Now I have two in 24 hours and am going on my second windshield in 7 weeks.

At some point, this has to be a glass problem and not a vertical windshield problem, no?

TAKE MY POLL. Ha ha. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a rock/pebble from a Jeep Wrangler going the other direction hit my windshield. I took it in to have the chip repaired but it was not a deep chip and did not require repair. Lucky so far.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like you need @JcrOffroad front windshield molle system, but install it on the outside. This way you can protect your windshield while also giving the flexibility to carry things like a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, hoagies, or even a windshield repair kit.

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

RANT: I got a chip on my windshield about two months ago. It immediately spread across the entire windshield. Due to backorder, it took 4 weeks to get replaced. I own a Wrangler, so I patiently understand the vertical windshield problem.

I've been driving with my brand-new windshield for 3 weeks. Yesterday: Another chip, and hours later it had spread across the entire windshield. This morning: ANOTHER CHIP.

I avoid semis, don't tailgate, and leave massive gaps between myself and other cars because I didn't want another chip. Now I have two in 24 hours and am going on my second windshield in 7 weeks.

At some point, this has to be a glass problem and not a vertical windshield problem, no?

TAKE MY POLL. Ha ha. Thanks for listening.
So I voted chipped but it’s really more just super pitted already (3 months old). Taking the hit and went with full windshield on insurance.

Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I put the aeroskin II deflector on the day i brought my Bronco home.
I don't know if that's helped or not, but no chips so far.
There is a small 'chunk' that something took out of the deflector, so it at least saved me a hood ding.
(I'm sure today is the day I get a broken windshield...)

strick23

Badlands
First Name
Mike D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Stang GT/ 02 Lincoln LS/ 21 Bronco BL SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the Aeroskin II deflector and the same day windshield was hit with a stone while on the highway and cracked at the top and has spread almost all the way down... Right in front of drivers view too. Dealer ordered new glass 2 weeks ago... Still waiting.

Paul Gagnon

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had three chips and one has turned into a 12" long crack. Broken windshields are a fact of life here in Alberta.

Sponsored

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had 7 chipped windshields over 7 different cars in the last 4 years. Unless Hyundai, Kia, BMW, Chevy, and Ford all have windshield problems, it is more a lack of debris cleanup by your city causing the issue.

I lived in Iowa for 4 years, never a single chip. 4 years in South Texas and have had 7 chipped, 4 needed replaced.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here in the desert, you’re going to have rocks, no matter what the city/county tries to do. The Bronco has two chips in the window right now, and my F150 has two chips and a crack. I’ve only replaced the F150 windshield once so far… 🤞🙄
Sponsored

Sponsored

Sponsored