Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure how you heard “Badlands is a piece if garbage”? The Badlands came in 3rd too when it was raced last year. Badlands non-Sasquatch didn’t have enough clearance and took underbody damage. But still made it to the podium. 🤔
If you ain't first, you're last. - Ricky Bobby
Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
"For Ford, the Wildtrak was much easier to pilot.......... The reason was the 1.2 inches of increased ground clearance, increased thermal capacity of the Fox shocks so they wouldn’t fade and lose performance, and a 1.9-inch wider track for extra stability. Where last year the Bronco Badlands sometimes had to be driven around obstacles due to the suspension’s limitations, this year there was none of that."

Sure sounds like they should've ran a Base Sasquatch last year instead of a Badlands(non-sas). I wonder, who thought the sway bar disconnect was needed for desert racing.

Sponsored

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No idea, but the Badlands is more of a rock crawler/mud trekking beast vs the Wildtrak's desert running. I always wondered why the Wildtrak is the higher trim level, but it really shouldn't be (IMO).
Badlands guys love to crap on the Wildtrak and say theirs is better blah blah. Just think of it like this.... they are both at the pinnacle of their respective uses. BL - Rockcrawling. Wildtrak - desert running. Then just move on....

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands guys love to crap on the Wildtrak and say theirs is better blah blah. Just think of it like this.... they are both at the pinnacle of their respective uses. BL - Rockcrawling. Wildtrak - desert running. Then just move on....
I’m not crapping on either of them - you’re right that they both serve their purpose. The article just seems to compare the BL in a run that it wasn’t really built for 🤷‍♂️

The BL has more options, hence my comment on the trim levels. That’s all.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m not crapping on either of them - you’re right that they both serve their purpose. The article just seems to compare the BL in a run that it wasn’t really built for 🤷‍♂️

The BL has more options, hence my comment on the trim levels. That’s all.
Yea I get it. We also have to understand these guys writing this stuff have probably done a fraction of the research on these things that we have.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had that too. Go into preferences and turn off alerts for "New Story Posted". Not sure when that became a thing but it's off now.
Thanks much man. Appreciate it! Got it fixed.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco, a set of trims that give you most of what you want but never all.
And, a resounding No that you can't just add the extra options across to your trim.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
While I've heard varying degrees repeated ad nauseum, could someone explain what a Wildtrak (pre-3.0), has that makes it the pinnacle of desert racing over something like a Base Sas 2.7 for $10k less? I know they have identical engine/transmission/shocks/tires/wheels/suspension/bumpers/lockers/gearing, and you can simply add Baja mode.............so what in addition am I missing that separates it from the field? Adaptative cruise control, keyless fob, a hood sticker, blind spot monitoring, seat color, a painted beauty ring, high-end stereo, some type of I-phone link? All of that stuff is either nanny equipment, or creature comforts, that adds nothing for desert running. So what's left that I'm missing, that makes it the Pinnacle of desert running.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

While I've heard varying degrees repeated ad nauseum, could someone explain what a Wildtrak (pre-3.0), has that makes it the pinnacle of desert racing over something like a Base Sas 2.7 for $10k less? I know they have identical engine/transmission/shocks/tires/wheels/suspension/bumpers/lockers/gearing, and you can simply add Baja mode.............so what in addition am I missing that separates it from the field? Adaptative cruise control, keyless fob, a hood sticker, blind spot monitoring, seat color, a painted beauty ring, high-end stereo, some type of I-phone link? All of that stuff is either nanny equipment, or creature comforts, that adds nothing for desert running. So what's left that I'm missing, that makes it the Pinnacle of desert running.
I think that the original intent of the Wildtrak was very likely to have the upgraded Fox shocks from the start. Then Fox had supply chain disruptions that scrambled the original plans. That was the differentiator from the beginning and will likely be a standard Wildtrak configuration beginning in MY2023.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well that's the mind boggling thing. The wildtrak at it's top spec'd form doesn't match the performance of the badlands, which is why Ford priced the badlands in it's top spec'd form as the most expensive available bronco you can buy, yet place the Wildtrak above the badlands on their website. Before the HOSS 3.0 announcement the wildtrak made zero sense, unless you were trying to save money. I thought for sure the wildtrak was going to be discontinued for MY23 until they HOSS 3.0 announcement. Then it all started to make sense, I can almost guarantee the wildtrak was suppose to come with HOSS 3.0 at launch but commodity constraints made them push it back. Fox live shox on Can-am side by sides are delayed 6-9 months. I also strongly believe the digital dash from the braptor was suppose to be included in all Lux broncos but commodity constraints spoiled that too (look for that in MY23). I went with badands because I wanted every option possible. If the wildtrak had a sta-bar disco AND HOSS 3.0 I would have gone Wildtrak. Now I'm having to choose between stabar disco and HOSS 3.0 + rack I unfortunately have to go badlands still because that stabar disco is prioritized for me. In short, the wildtrak now absolutely has a place and purpose. It's just wildtrak's without HOSS 3.0 that I'll always scratch my head at.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The writer of the article does not have the knowledge to properly ascertain the differences between a BL and the WT.
The BL was never positioned to be a desert runner, it was built and positioned to be a crawler. Running a BL in last years race, and not even a Squatch'd version made no sense outside of learning what needed to be fixed for future models.
Ford obviously learned from the experience and put the new mod's into the WT, which is positioned to be a desert runner. I am sure these upgrades will move to other models in due course.
As for me, I am happy with my BL order, as it fits the type of use I will be getting out of it. The WT is not the model for my uses.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then why did they include Baja mode, and delete sport mode on the Badlands. Seems like a mismatch to me.
Because it would be a wt with a sway bar disconnect. Takes under a minute to add it to bl’s goat mode.
Sponsored