Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, Porsche Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The pictured Cactus Gray rig is a Badlands despite the caption calling it a Wildtrak…. Hope the FoMoCo shock and tie rod upgrades make it across the entire model line as a upgrade/option…
Ford Bronco Takeaways from Bronco Wildtrak w/ Hoss 3.0 suspension running in Mexico 1000 A4EE2AFF-716A-47EF-85CD-A1B20B3DB14F
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think that the original intent of the Wildtrak was very likely to have the upgraded Fox shocks from the start. Then Fox had supply chain disruptions that scrambled the original plans. That was the differentiator from the beginning and will likely be a standard Wildtrak configuration beginning in MY2023.
I think that is highly plausible. But it just goes to show how much people buy in to marketing department hype........If Ford would of called it the Urban off-roader, or the Luxury Treker, no one would associate the Wildtrak with desert running... Or if Ford Marketing would've thrown on a aluminum skid plates and the BLs suspension on the BD, raised the price $8k and called it the high speed desert runner, we'd be hearing the same talk about the Black Diamond Desert Racer being the Pinnacle in it's field. We'd see hundreds of posts saying the same thing, if you're into rock crawling go BLs if you into desert running go BD.

CyberOrangeRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FX4 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Those are some awesome photos, would love to see some video. I can't get enough of the Bronco racing in the dirt.

Last edited:

biswamberpal

Wildtrak
First Name
Biswamber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The measurements are compared to a non-sas badlands...... It would have the same ground clearance and width as every Sasquatched Bronco. The Hoss 3.0 isn't adding any additional lift or width. That the way I see it. No(?)
good point, so did they race last year with BD with or without Sas ? Desert racing without Sas does not make sense when your competitors are trophy trucks. Also curious about 1.9' wider track compared to what ..?? BD with or without Sas or compared to base....

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
good point, so did they race last year with BD with or without Sas ? Desert racing without Sas does not make sense when your competitors are trophy trucks. Also curious about 1.9' wider track compared to what ..?? BD with or without Sas or compared to base....
No SAS last year on the BL.

Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that the original intent of the Wildtrak was very likely to have the upgraded Fox shocks from the start. Then Fox had supply chain disruptions that scrambled the original plans. That was the differentiator from the beginning and will likely be a standard Wildtrak configuration beginning in MY2023.
If I were a guessing man, it was likely a larger 2.5" diameter premium (8112) version from Bilstein. The welded body and fully machined parts are completely different sides of the business. As time went on, the capacity for the 8112 wasn't there, so a switch to Fox happened.
IIRC this is what happened with Toyota on the TRD Pro.

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I like the Wildtrak exterior look better with the black grill/mirrors, black wheel trim rings, and the graphics package. Despite all this, my initial plan was to still get the Badlands because of the sway bar disconnect, but now that I know about this Hoss 3.0 I have changed my mind and will go with the Wildtrak.

I also heard you can add the aftermarket stabilizer bar/sway bar disconnect which can be manipulated manually and you can still have that particular Badlands function in case you really want it. The Wildtrak in my opinion just became more relevant as the new Hoss 3.0 suspension, stronger Tie Rods Ends, and the Raptor Steering rack cannot be ignored and are worth having for the price offered. Aftermarket is taking care of the sway bar and it doesnt cost much to add it to the Wildtrak. The only thing missing is the crawl mode but one can live without it. You can also have it all with the Wildtrak and then some.
Sponsored