Sponsored

Taking Bronco Offline - disconnecting cellular / telematics connectivity (Technical Discussion, Please)

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My contact at Ford says there is a spot in the radio menue to turn it off. It really does disable it. I manage telematics for a large Ford fleet and have tested it.
Sponsored

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As long as it can connect to any network, then it is not totally disconnected from everything. Taking the SIM card out is the surest way to disconnect it from the cellular network, but it could still connect to an open wifi and upload.

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I may have got under the steering wheel and snipped off one of the ends of the three pronged fuses and inserted it back into fuse 19. No issues

bobogto

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I may have got under the steering wheel and snipped off one of the ends of the three pronged fuses and inserted it back into fuse 19. No issues
I never got to opening the panel, but I saw that 20 and 19 are shared. And 19 is ignition and I was wondering how that works. Now I know. Thanks.
Any annoying messages about it?

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I disconnected mine a few months ago using the menu. It can no longer do over the air updates and I can no longer open it or start it using FordPass. This is how I want it.

I think the number one annoyance was when I went off road and dropped the tire pressure to 20 psi, the FordPass app kept complaining to me about it and wouldn't forget that it had happened. It's slightly less of an annoyance that the car complains about low tire pressure every time I start it. The smarter way to handle that would have been to mention it once, then never again as long as all four tires have the same lower pressure. But apparently nobody on the Ford software team thought of that. Actually there are at least half a dozen things that the Bronco nags about that I wish I could tell it to "never tell me that again".

Sponsored

Donkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
totalled
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i

Under Settings/Connectivity/Connected Vehicle Features then turn Vehicle Connectivity off.

367B5D4C-58F3-4F08-90C4-307667604183.jpeg

AC02EB40-3C24-4243-AF53-8F904FF02CCA.jpeg

A81FE7DF-C3A4-4749-9E0F-5FBC78AA3EFE.jpeg

[/QUOTE]
Okay, but is it actually off? Or just Google 's version of "mostly off but we can still do it when we want"?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I use XM as well as Nav and personally enjoy Alexa.

Just wish ford allowed us to truly disable updates which they do not.
Sponsored