Taking kids to Off Rodeo?

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wondering if anyone that has gone on the off rodeo in Moab or other locations has taken their kids with them. I have a kid and one of their friends who is will almost be 12. Do they require any kind of prof of age? The kid is actually larger than my son… just wondering how big of sticklers they are about age.
Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did not go with kids but there were some teenagers (I think) there with parents when I went. Kind of a lot of money to pay to bring friend but who am I to judge financial transactions of another. If you are unaware of the pricing structure I believe guests are like $350 a pop or so. Or at least they were at the Vegas location.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so my wife and 15 month old baby dropped me off at the off rodeo in NH. They came inside the basecamp with me (i wanted my wife to pick out stuff from the giftshop). The LOOKS i got walking around holding my baby hahaha priceless. Hopefully your kids have a good enough attention span. i wouldnt bring a kid on the trails unless they were really into off roading. i imagine most will be complaining about something before the day is over.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know most think their kids are well behaved. But mine really are… I’ve flown to Australia, Africa, and other long flights, have been off roading in my own bronco, oh and we have always gotten comments over the years about how well behaved, mature, etc they are… so I’m not worried about that part (more worries about my wife…). None the less, I’m curious if they will give us a hard time about being 11 years and 10 months… don’t want the build up to be turned away…

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you don't want the build up and then get turned away, why not wait the 2 months and go when the kid is 12 and within their age requirements? I'm sure it'll be a load off your mind if you go in knowing you're not trying to circumvent their rules.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you don't want the build up and then get turned away, why not wait the 2 months and go when the kid is 12 and within their age requirements? I'm sure it'll be a load off your mind if you go in knowing you're not trying to circumvent their rules.
That is a great idea but the trip is already planned and I don’t plan on going back to that area for many many years. Far more places to see in the world and I don’t think I need to see the arches too often… I’m not trying to be a rule breaker but seems like an arbitrary number that likely has to do with how kids act not liability. If I sign waiver, they are legal to sit in the back what is the difference from 11, 12, 13…

if it is too big of a problem, then I will deal with it. Just hate living in a world of Karen’s…

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’d love to take my kids (teenagers), but oof those “additional guest” fees. 🤬

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is a great idea but the trip is already planned and I don’t plan on going back to that area for many many years. Far more places to see in the world and I don’t think I need to see the arches too often… I’m not trying to be a rule breaker but seems like an arbitrary number that likely has to do with how kids act not liability. If I sign waiver, they are legal to sit in the back what is the difference from 11, 12, 13…

if it is too big of a problem, then I will deal with it. Just hate living in a world of Karen’s…
Okay, if you don't want peoples opinions...don't ask. It sounds like you already have your mind made up to sneak the kid in anyway. Go ahead sign a waiver for an 11 yo saying they're at least 12, its not like its lying or anything.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seems like you're the Karen who doesn't believe the rules, however arbitrary, apply to you.
Thanks but I guess you ride on the right side. Never went through a yellow light, ran a stop sign, mile or two over the limit. Where does it apply to you. Don’t be a clown…

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Okay, if you don't want peoples opinions...don't ask. It sounds like you already have your mind made up to sneak the kid in anyway. Go ahead sign a waiver for an 11 yo saying they're at least 12, its not like its lying or anything.
Well I didn’t make up my mind, and if you read my post I didn’t ask for an opinion. I asked for factual experience, not an opinion about rules and why they are in place… clown #2

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In Moab when I was there they checked ages and didn’t let a kid go who was less than 2 weeks from his twelfth birthday.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure how you check an 11 yr or 12 yr age without a birth certificate???

How old are you kid?
When’s your birthday?
Jan 1 2020
OK… next…
🤷🏻‍♂️

dsop

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 eGolf
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went last week and it was really fun. I think the "kids" that were there were no younger than 13 I'd guess. It was really hot (110F) so I would use that as your barometer to bringing kids or not. It is pretty rocky in some places and there's a lot of jostling around, and going outside to get around obstacles all day would be tiring. They might be sticklers about the age I'm not entirely sure. Behavior - for the most part you're in the car with your own family but take 3 or 4 stops-ish.

I would judge people's ability to go based on their ability to hydrate responsibility, and their tolerance for the elements (and also zero cell service the whole day).

PS I highly recommend going on the Arches National Park tour with the Moab Adventure Center. You can either take an open-top Hummer or an air-conditioned van.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I didn’t make up my mind, and if you read my post I didn’t ask for an opinion. I asked for factual experience, not an opinion about rules and why they are in place… clown #2
Woohoo!! I went from a Karen to a clown, and not just a clown---Clown #2. It's awesome getting called a clown by someone who's asking of its possible to sneak an underage kid into an event that has an age limit--because the age is arbitrary (meaning, i don't like the rules so they don't apply to me).
Sponsored