OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Woohoo!! I went from a Karen to a clown, and not just a clown---Clown #2. It's awesome getting called a clown by someone who's asking of its possible to sneak an underage kid into an event that has an age limit--because the age is arbitrary (meaning, i don't like the rules so they don't apply to me).
Besides the fact that thousands upon thousands of rules are set and the business and people that set them didn’t think it through and change their mind or make exceptions. Hence what the basic and original question of what was peoples experience. So yes clown or Karen, take your choice if you want to jump all over me for asking a basic reasonable question.. besides, I don’t believe their is a person in this world that follows every rule throughout their life. Guess you have never used an expired coupon even if the business said it was okay, or talked in a theater because you know they tell you not to talk during a movie… I’m guessing you do everything perfect and by the rules or is it only okay to bend rules that you think are okay to bend. We should fall in line #N.Korea. Sorry for calling you #2 clown, is this Jesus?
Sponsored

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So you're trying to justify it by saying that since everybody else breaks rules, you're off the hook for not following them? You can keep on insulting me all you want, in the end..it's you that's trying to find away around their rule. You asked for "factual" information, here you go...right from the OffRoadeo website:
Ford Bronco Taking kids to Off Rodeo? 1658931284998

It's pretty simple, the phrase "at least" typically means minimum--not approximately. But you do you.

Enjoy your Bronco

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Rules are the rules. They are not "arbitrary" just because you fall out of them.

To my knowledge they have not requested birth certificates or anything, but cmon dude. Don't potentially ruin your day and everyone else's because your kid is "special".

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wondering from how far away from the Off-Roadeo site are you traveling? If you are close by, then give it a go, but if you are traveling any distance, and if for some reason they do not let the kid go, what will you do at that point?

I get OPs point, but if I were in their shoes, I think I would have to plan around the worst case scenario, which in my opinion would be you get to the site and tell you the kid can't go. If that happens then you are stuck.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go for it man. If they are good kids will be a great experience for them. The ones calling you Karen and Clowns are just pathetic cucks.

Enjoy your trip!

Sponsored

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Two months May seem irrelevant but age limits usually reflect insurance liability agreements and policies. These events are typically covered by specific insurance policies. Any contract employee caught violating those policies would certainly be subject to disciplinary action.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Two months May seem irrelevant but age limits usually reflect insurance liability agreements and policies. These events are typically covered by specific insurance policies. Any contract employee caught violating those policies would certainly be subject to disciplinary action.
This right here.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 15 year old son is not a “car guy” but loved going to the Moab Off-Roadeo. We had him sit up front and be in charge of the switches for lockers and trail turn assist, modes, etc. He got picked by our guide to go find a geocache hidden in the desert, made friends with the Off-Roadeo mascot pup,
Ford Bronco Taking kids to Off Rodeo? 883A5030-FBC3-43B2-9CD9-66BE0A43D9FA
Ford Bronco Taking kids to Off Rodeo? 76B03C0C-02D9-40B6-8BAD-938400ED5620
Ford Bronco Taking kids to Off Rodeo? B0B8A41A-BFE3-432B-8E60-6AF431643FA7
Ford Bronco Taking kids to Off Rodeo? 81CE490C-707B-41C2-8E7A-591FEACB0767
and he loved the stop we took at some caves. I think 12-18 is fine.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Rules are the rules. They are not "arbitrary" just because you fall out of them.

To my knowledge they have not requested birth certificates or anything, but cmon dude. Don't potentially ruin your day and everyone else's because your kid is "special".
Not a matter of special, and rules vs laws are very much arbitrary. It’s not that I think I or my family is special, it’s a simple matter of basic question on experience. The “rule” very much could have been set by someone who didn’t put much thought into it (lord knows ford have missed the boat on putting enough thought with our broncos or maybe you don’t have one yet). They very easily could have landed on that number thinking kids can be brats or act poorly for the brand or whatever but then they actually never enforce it, question it or the, dagger, require a copy of a birth certificate. That is what I was asking about, actual experience of them actual caring at the location. I appreciate peoples feedback on their experience (watch out for being too hot, too rough, too long, it would be great for younger kids, etc…). I wasn’t asking for anyones moral compass on following every rule ever made. Curious if those same people followed the rules of wearing masks and following health protocol over the last 2ish years or laws post GF which actually impacted people. I will follow my own compass which I know is more moral than most… oh and again 2 month difference in age to 12… cmon I’m not suggesting an infant… trolls will be trolls!!!!

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to Austin last week with my wife and 12 year old son. They didn't ask him his age and he had a blast. See my avatar pic.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quoting this post as the OP seems to have conveniently glossed over it. These aren't necessarily rules but policies for both attendees and employees to follow.

However, it sounds like OP has already made up his mind...

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have only attended the Moab off rodeo, but I have personally seen an underage young man turned away from that location. I would anticipate them asking the kids ages at check in, however I imagine that other than being honest or if something were to happen on the trail, the chances of getting caught are pretty low. Good luck and stay safe.
Sponsored