Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really hope that putting on and taking off the doors doesn't scratch the hell out of the paint. I hope it's easy and not cumbersome. If these bags for the doors prevent that 100% than I will throw money at them until the cows come home.

I can not tell you how many times I have had two people help me put on my 1979 turtle shell only to see scratches on my upper rear quarters from the topper being so heavy and cumbersome.
From the close ups we’ve seen, it looks like the doors sit on a shallow bump/crown thing, and the bolts are then inserted and act as the pin... this coupled with the doors being frameless and some strategically placed grab points/hand holds makes me think they will be as easy as it could reasonably get.

2021-Ford-Bronco-Door-And-Roof-Install-Video-002.jpg

(Juxtaposed with my the doors on my Jeep JK that require lining up two pins with identical length into small holes... no place to grab, and window frames...)
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely, this will be the method Ford will tell you how to do it ?
Else, it would be pretty f*cking awkward trying to put them on bags afterwards (singlehandedly)!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the close ups we’ve seen, it looks like the doors sit on a shallow bump/crown thing, and the bolts are then inserted and act as the pin... this coupled with the doors being frameless and some strategically placed grab points/hand holds makes me think they will be as easy as it could reasonably get.

2021-Ford-Bronco-Door-And-Roof-Install-Video-002.jpg

(Juxtaposed with my the doors on my Jeep JK that require lining up two pins with identical length into small holes... no place to grab, and window frames...)
Just a single bolt per door...
Likely the lower hinge is an attached pin you just drop in the hinge receiver.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really hope that putting on and taking off the doors doesn't scratch the hell out of the paint. I hope it's easy and not cumbersome. If these bags for the doors prevent that 100% than I will throw money at them until the cows come home.

I can not tell you how many times I have had two people help me put on my 1979 turtle shell only to see scratches on my upper rear quarters from the topper being so heavy and cumbersome.
I guess they said they made them so a single person can easily take the doors off and they are around 50lb each. There was also a pic circulating around showing people putting the door bags on while door is still attached to help prevent scratches.
Sponsored