SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you have a roof rack, that makes taking the top off easier, you can get one of those "kayak hoist" type of setups in your garage and just lift it off. Most of us don't have one of those wheeled racks you have in your video.

OP
OP
Yycwildtrak

Yycwildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
True, but they are not very expensive and can be wheeled out of the way nicely

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would not try and take the doors of a 2 door solo, My first time I had 3 people and wrapped the doors in a moving blanket, After that me and my 17yo can do it. Installing doors is defiantly a 2 person job..

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would not try and take the doors of a 2 door solo, My first time I had 3 people and wrapped the doors in a moving blanket, After that me and my 17yo can do it. Installing doors is defiantly a 2 person job..
I guess you have to know your limits, but removing and replacing the doors on a 2 door is not that difficult for a single person of average strength and agility. 3 people and a blanket?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Yycwildtrak

Yycwildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have done a 2 door solo, the same way as I do my 4 door. The back section of the roof is just a little larger and heavier.

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess you have to know your limits, but removing and replacing the doors on a 2 door is not that difficult for a single person of average strength and agility. 3 people and a blanket?
Lol yeah not sure what kind of shape that guy is in, but I find removal and installation of the doors on my 2 door easy using the bags. If I'm in a hurry it's nice to have someone else to line up the hinges, but not necessary.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've taken both top and doors of my 2dr solo, and the doors were easy, but next time I'm going to put a piece of surgical tubing across the whole fender edge instead of the little pieces they provide. The top sucked without a hoist.

Njchris1968

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford e350 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
The first couple times I took my 2 door top off that’s how I did it. Work well. Now I use a hoist. And built a shelf for it for summer storage and put a soft top on. But great video. I miss my big garage. Otherwise I would have continue use the backed scaffolding.
Ford Bronco Taking top and doors off solo 36B24F98-785E-4898-8AA9-A19C0C688C96
Ford Bronco Taking top and doors off solo 788BB10A-778D-4554-A5CA-8290F56E855F

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've taken both top and doors of my 2dr solo, and the doors were easy, but next time I'm going to put a piece of surgical tubing across the whole fender edge instead of the little pieces they provide. The top sucked without a hoist.
Hey, Hercules - Any tips on how you removed the back shell on your own? I suspect a 4 door will be easier since it’s smaller, but still a PITA. Did you climb inside and just lift it up?

I have a hard top on order so I’m just curious. No room for a hoist. Don’t want to buy a wheeled dolly either.

OP
OP
Yycwildtrak

Yycwildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey, Hercules - Any tips on how you removed the back shell on your own? I suspect a 4 door will be easier since it’s smaller, but still a PITA. Did you climb inside and just lift it up?

I have a hard top on order so I’m just curious. No room for a hoist. Don’t want to buy a wheeled dolly either.
Watch my video, I do it solo all the time

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sport bar is in the way so you have to slide it back enough to get under it.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs