JMP4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR4, Jeep JLU Willys, Tesla MY
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered 2 Broncos, one on 7/14/20 and one 10/8/20.

If you are in Nor Cal and have an unfilled reservation / order with Future Ford, change your 2022 order to Walnut Creek Ford… NO GAMES and Shahram is a stand up guy!

Walnut Creek Ford (Shahram)

My 7/14 reservation was moved to Walnut Creek Ford after the local dealer the Ford Website matched my reservation to (Harold Ford) never returned calls to place the order.

I called and spoke with Sharam at Walnut Creek Ford, he is knowledgeable and trustworthy in his communication! I placed my order with him via a link to my build and price and he followed up with an email confirming MSRP and no mark ups.

Fast Forward to 7/15/2021… I get a text from Shahram asking if I have a minute to chat. I called Shahram and asked him if he was asking to switch me to a soft top? Sharam said well… it’s a little more complicated than that. They had their very first Bronco arrive and the person who ordered decided to go a different direction and didn’t want it. He had gone through his orders and it was a close match to mine and if I wanted it I could come get it right then at MSRP. This is how you deliver customer service! The Bronco he had was different only in that it had a soft top and the deal killer for me was it was Carbonized Grey. I told him I was so impressed that he would take the time to try and match a vehicle he could have just turned and made a 20K markup on and offer it to one of his order holders. I ultimately told him thanks but I wanted Cactus Grey and I would just wait for my build. I believe B6G forum member Lake Tahoe Traveler ended up in that Bronco.

I will be changing my 7/14/20 order from a MIC top to a White MOD top and putting it in 99 as they won’t be available until 2023.

My Future Ford Sacramento Experience

My 10/8/20 reservation was made with another local dealer, Future Ford of Sacramento. It was basically the same build as my first reservation except it was a soft top, 4cyl, no tow pack. I was essentially building a cheaper version with the expectation that I would either cancel it or if I really loved the 1st one (7/14 RES) I would make the second Bronco the vehicle my teenage kids shared. (with an order this late I was expecting it to be a 2023 delivery)

Because of the commodity constraints this Bronco was actually the first to get a vin and build date. I received a 4/22/21 email with a build date in June that ultimately got the build revised to August. I was at the Bronco Off Raodeo when my Bronco finally arrived at Future Ford. After returning from the Las Vegas Off Roadeo I went straight from the airport to Future Ford Sacramento to buy my Bronco on 9/11/21.

This is when the “fun” started. I inspect my Bronco waiting for me under a tent and everything looks great.. I’m super excited and ready to go sign paperwork. I had an uneasy feeling because even though I had emails and text messages stating MSRP I knew Future’s reputation of playing games and being evasive when answering questions. The manager of the Roseville location (same owners) is even on this site stating anyone who says they aren’t honoring MSRP for people who had an agreement and order with them is wrong and they absolutely were honoring MSRP for order holders.

We sit down at the sales table and my sales person says “I just don’t know where to go with this”. With what I ask? He then tells me that the owners are telling him that due to Covid and the scarcity of Broncos they are now charging an ADM of $9,995. I told him absolutely not, I have it in writing from him and I placed my order with him after they sent me the email ensuring MSRP because I could change my order at that time to another dealer when we made that agreement. I told him he better get his “owners” on the phone to have a chat with me because not only did I have it in writing, the top of the food chain new store manager of their Roseville location was on message boards saying anyone who says Future is charging order holders with an agreement ADM is lying. At this point he could tell I wasn’t about to play games! The salesman got up and went to the sales manager counter for about 3 minutes and then came back to me at the table. He tells me that he wants me to get my Bronco and that if I will give them excellent marks on the survey Ford sends me they will honor the MSRP. I told him that I trusted they would honor their agreement and they pulled this, so they would have to sell me the Bronco at MSRP and trust I would honor our agreement to give them excellent results on the Ford survey.

Not how the experience should be after waiting over 14 months to get your Bronco! Ultimately they honored their agreement and I got my Bronco at MSRP. After that exchange the salesman was pleasant and helpful. The finance guy initially tried to sell me an extended warranty with some random company and when I asked if he could match the price I got from Lombard on the Ford Premium plan, he was shocked. He said I can tell I’m not going to make any money on you so lets just get this done. The finance guy actually ended up being the most pleasant of the group there and we laughed and signed everything up.

I am not surprised that Future Ford is now telling everyone who is trying to change their 2021 orders to 2022 orders they will charge a 10K ADM. Ford has said dealers need a signed sales agreement when placing the 2022 orders and Future now knows they can't pull a last minute ADM when they need a signed sales agreement prior to placing orders per Ford now.

I love my Bronco… Future Ford, not so much. Walnut Creek is about an 1:15 drive but I will definitely keep my other order with them and am even looking at a Mach E. Any future Fords I get will be with Walnut Creek Ford and Shahram!

Ford Bronco Tale of 2 Dealers - Walnut Creek and Future Sacramento 1634191631023
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm surprised they back down. Future Ford has screwed many people over, especially with this Bronco. I initially had my reservation with the folks in Roseville, but red flags were beating me in the face within the first few weeks so I immediately switched to a different dealer.

Been warning folks about future Ford since.

OP
OP

JMP4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR4, Jeep JLU Willys, Tesla MY
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All this Bronco stress is getting to me!
What dealer did you switch to?
I’m willing to wait an extra year, or 2 if I can get somebody to lock in the price of MSRP@21 or at least 22 price ($800) more!even, and then I don’t have to worry about! Willing to do that just to have peace of mind!!
Hi Rick..

My Other order is with Walnut Creek Ford (Shahram). From your profile info it's probably 1.5 hour drive, but worth it for the honest and stress free communication about price.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi Rick..

My Other order is with Walnut Creek Ford (Shahram). From your profile info it's probably 1.5 hour drive, but worth it for the honest and stress free communication about price.
You know a lot of people talk about walnut Creek, and I'm sure they may be straight with folks, but initially we had three or four dealers on this site and when Ford pulled X plan Walnut Creek was quick to back pedal. Whereas the other dealers stood up to the plate.

I'm glad to hear they're at least not pulling any sketchy stuff for those that chose to go with them.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All this Bronco stress is getting to me!
What dealer did you switch to?
I’m willing to wait longer just to have peace of mind!!
I went with Serramonte only because I got in on an early invoice deal when Ford pulled the X plan.

If it were today and our faced with MSRP I think I would go with Auburn Ford, or maybe check out elk Grove Ford. I had a lengthy conversation with Auburn and they were really only up and up and impressed me. I actually plan on using them for any servicing issues with my Bronco.

I thought I read somewhere where someone said elk Grove Ford wasn't pulling any tricks But I can't confirm.

Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know a lot of people talk about walnut Creek, and I'm sure they may be straight with folks, but initially we had three or four dealers on this site and when Ford pulled X plan Walnut Creek was quick to back pedal. Whereas the other dealers stood up to the plate.

I'm glad to hear they're at least not pulling any sketchy stuff for those that chose to go with them.
Walnut Creek Ford @WCFord didn't back pedal on X-Plan. They will honor X-Plan for their original reservation holders to early September 2020. Walnut Creek Ford was not trying to sway reservation holders to switch their reservations. They're honoring X-Plan to do right for their original reservation holders / Customers. Shahram Tavakol is strait forward and honest. A real stand up guy.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are in Nor Cal and have an unfilled reservation / order with Future Ford, change your 2022 order to Walnut Creek Ford… NO GAMES and Shahram is a stand up guy!

My 7/14 reservation was moved to Walnut Creek Ford after the local dealer the Ford Website matched my reservation to (Harold Ford) never returned calls to place the order.

I called and spoke with Sharam at Walnut Creek Ford, he is knowledgeable and trustworthy in his communication! I placed my order with him via a link to my build and price and he followed up with an email confirming MSRP and no mark ups.

Fast Forward to 7/15/2021… I get a text from Shahram asking if I have a minute to chat. I called Shahram and asked him if he was asking to switch me to a soft top? Sharam said well… it’s a little more complicated than that. They had their very first Bronco arrive and the person who ordered decided to go a different direction and didn’t want it. He had gone through his orders and it was a close match to mine and if I wanted it I could come get it right then at MSRP. This is how you deliver customer service! The Bronco he had was different only in that it had a soft top and the deal killer for me was it was Carbonized Grey. I told him I was so impressed that he would take the time to try and match a vehicle he could have just turned and made a 20K markup on and offer it to one of his order holders. I ultimately told him thanks but I wanted Cactus Grey and I would just wait for my build. I believe B6G forum member Lake Tahoe Traveler ended up in that Bronco.

I will be changing my 7/14/20 order from a MIC top to a White MOD top and putting it in 99 as they won’t be available until 2023.

My 10/8/20 reservation was made with another local dealer, Future Ford of Sacramento. It was basically the same build as my first reservation except it was a soft top, 4cyl, no tow pack. I was essentially building a cheaper version with the expectation that I would either cancel it or if I really loved the 1st one (7/14 RES) I would make the second Bronco the vehicle my teenage kids shared. (with an order this late I was expecting it to be a 2023 delivery)

Because of the commodity constraints this Bronco was actually the first to get a vin and build date. I received a 4/22/21 email with a build date in June that ultimately got the build revised to August. I was at the Bronco Off Raodeo when my Bronco finally arrived at Future Ford. After returning from the Las Vegas Off Roadeo I went straight from the airport to Future Ford Sacramento to buy my Bronco on 9/11/21.

This is when the “fun” started. I inspect my Bronco waiting for me under a tent and everything looks great.. I’m super excited and ready to go sign paperwork. I had an uneasy feeling because even though I had emails and text messages stating MSRP I knew Future’s reputation of playing games and being evasive when answering questions. The manager of the Roseville location (same owners) is even on this site stating anyone who says they aren’t honoring MSRP for people who had an agreement and order with them is wrong and they absolutely were honoring MSRP for order holders.

We sit down at the sales table and my sales person says “I just don’t know where to go with this”. With what I ask? He then tells me that the owners are telling him that due to Covid and the scarcity of Broncos they are now charging an ADM of $9,995. I told him absolutely not, I have it in writing from him and I placed my order with him after they sent me the email ensuring MSRP because I could change my order at that time to another dealer when we made that agreement. I told him he better get his “owners” on the phone to have a chat with me because not only did I have it in writing, the top of the food chain new store manager of their Roseville location was on message boards saying anyone who says Future is charging order holders with an agreement ADM is lying. At this point he could tell I wasn’t about to play games! The salesman got up and went to the sales manager counter for about 3 minutes and then came back to me at the table. He tells me that he wants me to get my Bronco and that if I will give them excellent marks on the survey Ford sends me they will honor the MSRP. I told him that I trusted they would honor their agreement and they pulled this, so they would have to sell me the Bronco at MSRP and trust I would honor our agreement to give them excellent results on the Ford survey.

Not how the experience should be after waiting over 14 months to get your Bronco! Ultimately they honored their agreement and I got my Bronco at MSRP. After that exchange the salesman was pleasant and helpful. The finance guy initially tried to sell me an extended warranty with some random company and when I asked if he could match the price I got from Lombard on the Ford Premium plan, he was shocked. He said I can tell I’m not going to make any money on you so lets just get this done. The finance guy actually ended up being the most pleasant of the group there and we laughed and signed everything up.

I am not surprised that Future Ford is now telling everyone who is trying to change their 2021 orders to 2022 orders they will charge a 10K ADM. Ford has said dealers need a signed sales agreement when placing the 2022 orders and Future now knows they can't pull a last minute ADM when they need a signed sales agreement prior to placing orders per Ford now.

I love my Bronco… Future Ford, not so much. Walnut Creek is about an 1:15 drive but I will definitely keep my other order with them and am even looking at a Mach E. Any future Fords I get will be with Walnut Creek Ford and Shahram!

Ford Bronco Tale of 2 Dealers - Walnut Creek and Future Sacramento 1634191631023
Attaboy! Nice ride. Glad you stuck up for all of us. Ford requiring signed agreements at MSRP? Yoohoo! That will teach all the short-term sales ssscum what pond they can float on. You da man!

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Won't have much of a future treating customers like that.

WCFord

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Walnut Creek Ford @WCFord didn't back pedal on X-Plan. They will honor X-Plan for their original reservation holders to early September 2020. Walnut Creek Ford was not trying to sway reservation holders to switch their reservations. They're honoring X-Plan to do right for their original reservation holders / Customers. Shahram Tavakol is strait forward and honest. A real stand up guy.
Thank you very much for this, Todd. Feel grateful to know you. That is correct, Walnut Creek Ford has committed to x plan like pricing for anyone who ordered with us prior to 10/19/2020. Sorry for any confusion if it was understood differently.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have left lowest survey marks possible after buying it from Future. Clowns like that can piss up a rope.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Look I'm not trying to talk bad about a specific dealer (unless it's future Ford). But in the WC thread, if you look when Ford announced that Broncos were not Xplan eligible, WCs response was...that sucks, so We are at MSRP but with no adm.

I have no doubt that Shahram is a stand up guy, but as even he has said he's a salesman. Salesman do not control the management of the dealership. And the dealerships are the ones that are screwing people over, not the salesman.

And remember during this time all of us were on high alert for any red flags that would cause us to move our reservations.

For me personally, when I saw other dealers who's immediate response was, we're still going to give you that xplan pricing I crossed WC off my list.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-is-here-for-the-bronco-community.6476/page-8

Again not trying to talk trash, and I'm very happy for any of you that have chosen WC and have been happy with the experience. Nowadays that's a rare find, especially any of us on the west coast.

WCFord

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Look I'm not trying to talk bad about a specific dealer (unless it's future Ford). But in the WC thread, if you look when Ford announced that Broncos were not Xplan eligible, WCs response was...that sucks, so We are at MSRP but with no adm.

I have no doubt that Shahram is a stand up guy, but as even he has said he's a salesman. Salesman do not control the management of the dealership. And the dealerships are the ones that are screwing people over, not the salesman.

And remember during this time all of us were on high alert for any red flags that would cause us to move our reservations.

For me personally, when I saw other dealers who's immediate response was, we're still going to give you that xplan pricing I crossed WC off my list.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-is-here-for-the-bronco-community.6476/page-8

Again not trying to talk trash, and I'm very happy for any of you that have chosen WC and have been happy with the experience. Nowadays that's a rare find, especially any of us on the west coast.
Oct 20, 2020

Thank you for everyone's patience while we get this sorted out.

After speaking with the management team at Walnut Creek Ford, we have decided on the following:

For all of the valued guests that have reserved with us, we greatly appreciate you working with us, and know how important it is to have a transparent Bronco buying experience. As long as you have a valid X-plan pin [MUST], we will honor x-plan pricing for reservations placed with us prior to 10/19/2020.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oct 20, 2020

Thank you for everyone's patience while we get this sorted out.

After speaking with the management team at Walnut Creek Ford, we have decided on the following:

For all of the valued guests that have reserved with us, we greatly appreciate you working with us, and know how important it is to have a transparent Bronco buying experience. As long as you have a valid X-plan pin [MUST], we will honor x-plan pricing for reservations placed with us prior to 10/19/2020.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Yup..the next day you change it... And I'm happy for those people that had already selected you. But for those that were thinking of moving to you, you cut us off unlike the other dealers that were still accepting reservation moves.

As of right now, staying with MSRP, we definitely will not be marking these cars up, I know that will not change for us. AZD are for people who work for, or worked for Ford Motor Company. In all sincerity, I am still trying to process this information myself. I know it doesn't sound fair, especially with everyone's understanding that it would be accepted. Anything else I find out, I will share right away.

WCFord

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jorge, I thought that I had responded to you but our text conversation reminded me that I had not. Shame on me. Thank you so much for the awesome feedback. Reading reviews like this is fuel to get better and provide the car buying experience that people deserve. If you or anyone ever needs help with setting up a routine service appointment or anything like that, please let me know. Our relationship doesn't end when you take delivery. Thank you again!
Sponsored