Sponsored

Talk about Bronco price gouging šŸ˜± [Update: vehicle is demo unit not for sale yet]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The added price doesn't bother me, but I would like to know the story on how the dealer got a vehicle to sell this soon.
They probably had an allocation or two that they could use. Dealerships were assigned allocations based on several factors, not just how many Bronco orders they had. If they were given 20 allocations and maybe had 25 orders, and maybe 8 people went code 99 right off the bat, then they potentially had 3 allocations to configure as stock orders. Just hypothetical numbersā€¦

This could also be their demo mannequin and while theyā€™re not supposed to sell those just yet, Iā€™m seeing dealers offer them up for sale anyway. Theyā€™re putting stupid markups on them because that will deter most people from buying, but if someone wants to pay a $20K premium, may as well sell it, right?
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what makes them an idiot or a sucker? a two week vacation to Hawaii can easily cost $20k. $20k might be 1 months salary or a bonus chexk. Is paying that much extra for a vehicle you really want, and skipping the 2 year wait, worth $20k? hell yeah it might be.
If ur paying 20k for 2 week vacation in Hawaii or paying 20k mark up on a mass produced vehicle yep your a damn idiot in my books...
the same can be had much less, just because you might have the cash to do so doesnā€™t make that decision any wiser..

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They probably had an allocation or two that they could use. Dealerships were assigned allocations based on several factors, not just how many Bronco orders they had. If they were given 20 allocations and maybe had 25 orders, and maybe 8 people went code 99 right off the bat, then they potentially had 3 allocations to configure as stock orders. Just hypothetical numbersā€¦

This could also be their demo mannequin and while theyā€™re not supposed to sell those just yet, Iā€™m seeing dealers offer them up for sale anyway. Theyā€™re putting stupid markups on them because that will deter most people from buying, but if someone wants to pay a $20K premium, may as well sell it, right?
I thought there was a time factor on when the demo models could be sold.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have an issue with this. This is basic capitalism, supply and demand. My only issue will be if they try to add ADM to customer orders after the terms had been agreed to.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If ur paying 20k for 2 week vacation in Hawaii or paying 20k mark up on a mass produced vehicle yep your a damn idiot in my books...
the same can be had much less, just because you might have the cash to do so doesnā€™t make that decision any wiser..
I got married in Hawaii and was in Maui for a week and than Kauai for a week. I literally did whatever I wanted the entire time and I still didnā€™t spend within 5K of that figure. That includes the money I spent for my wedding lol.

Sponsored

Silvercloud

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1991 BMW 325i/2021 Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is Ford allowing crap like this to happen? Sad.
Unfortunately Ford can't do anything about it. I understand that they hate this practice but the dealers have the right to sell on the free market. I attempted to complain about this about 5 years ago when trying to buy a Raptor that was marked up $5,000.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got married in Hawaii and was in Maui for a week and than Kauai for a week. I literally did whatever I wanted the entire time and I still didnā€™t spend within 5K of that figure. That includes the money I spent for my wedding lol.
I spent 3 weeks in Bangkok on $75 and cheap cigars. The Thai love their cigars and can be traded for housing, food and well letā€™s say whatever else the imagination can conjure up...šŸ˜Ž

Java9

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 2.7L, 93 Bronco 5.8L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not surprisingly, another great example of how shitty MD is šŸ™„

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well shit, with that logic, nobody really needs a Wildtrack or Lux model Bronco at all. Those models are about $20k more than the Base, which is a great, capable, option.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What year did you do this?

Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is not possible under the current ordering procedure. Each order is verified against a timestamp that corresponds to an individual reservation.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well shit, with that logic, nobody really needs a Wildtrack or Lux model Bronco at all. Those models are about $20k more than the Base, which is a great, capable, option.
Iā€™m not following your logic man?
Iā€™ve got a fully loaded BL coming less than a month and Iā€™m not paying $20k over MSRP, if thatā€™s your thing be my guest, spend your cash, I refuse to spend my hard earned cash on a mass produced car...

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What year did you do this?
Does it matter ?
If you canā€™t figure out how to vacation in cool ass places without spending 20k your doing it wrong....

Iā€™ve been all over the world and havenā€™t and wonā€™t spend 20k to
Do it...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.