Sponsored

Talk about Bronco price gouging 😱 [Update: vehicle is demo unit not for sale yet]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why is Ford allowing crap like this to happen? Sad.
I'm probably being too literal in my reply here but the biggest factor is supply and demand. Capitalism and the fact that ford does not own the dealerships are other contributing factors. Looks like the manager of the dealership is a b6g member and weighed in noting supply and demand as the driver. I'm not a fan of ADM but when demand is high for a scarce commodity the price goes up... housing, lumber, TP, hand sanitizer. Lots of highly visible examples this last year.
Sponsored

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'll bet they took a cancelled reservation, hijacked it and made it one of their priority builds, or it was reserved by them and given a priority build...
This is a demo.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for setting things straight. People hate ADM but I understand where you’re coming from. Might want to address these things before they get out of hand in the future.

Ooorrrrrrr....maybe people could not jump to conclusions, accept the worst case scenario and drag somebody's name though the mud without knowing all the facts.

Just a thought.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ooorrrrrrr....maybe people could not jump to conclusions, accept the worst case scenario and drag somebody's name though the mud without knowing all the facts.

Just a thought.
People are people. Good luck getting 1/2 the world to think rationally.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just for those not reading the whole thread and joining the gang bang- dealer's explanation below

Wow!!! First off as I am the Manager referenced, I feel obligated to respond. This is our test drive unit. It IS NOT a stolen, canceled, hi-jacked, or fake order of a significant other, etc. This is a vehicle that is available for all of you to come test drive and check out. OP, you were more than welcome to drive it, however it was raining while you were here and the top was off, which is why I didn't offer to you. We have had quite a few people drive it so far, and also inquire about purchasing the vehicle. Unfortunately we cannot sell it for a minimum of 6 months, and 4k miles on the odom. We just ordered our accessory display yesterday and a ton of accessories that will be installed on this particular WT which will help to justify the price.

Our thought process behind putting a dealer markup sticker was simple....Supply and demand. With the great possibility that there will be no dealer inventory with the Bronco for at least a year and having a product with such demand, we, and any other dealer in the country would be foolish not to ask for what very possibly, may be under market value.

To be clear, this Bronco cannot be sold yet.

I, like most of you, have an unscheduled-clean order waiting to be built, and cant wait! I can also say that every one of our customers that ordered with us, received a signed purchase agreement with an agreed upon price that was fair. I hope that all of you received the same thing from your dealers!

Lastly OP I did not turn away from you when you told me your price at your dealer. I did say that it was aggressive and was glad to hear that you got a great deal. We talked for a minute or two, and I invited you back to drive it when the weather turned around. But thank you for the shoutout!

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I get that dealerships are hurting. My own local dealership as of today has 6 new vehicles on the lot, that's it. I can see high ADMs to control the flow of what's on the lot especially with a limited availability ride like the Bronco where they may not have units on lot for a while., and demos can't be sold yet, either. And dealerships can charge whatever they want based on what they think demand will be. I get that. If I were a dealership, I'd do the same.

As consumers though, we tend to stick to our local dealerships, but we have the ability to shop around and we make our own choices as to how far we go and who to deal with. We can research, ask questions, and make our choices. I use myself here. I am frustrated my local dealership is charging an ADM, but I don't switch. This is because my dealership has done enough for me to offset the ADM in other ways, plus switching to another dealership who is offering better than MSRP isn't enough to justify giving up a day's worth of work for me. I'd make more than they save me, so I still come out better staying local. For someone else, that may not be the case so they may switch. It's their choice as the consumer.

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Trust me - there is some sick money in some of the areas around Baltimore. Don’t need to travel all the way to Bethesda or Chevy Chase to find it either.
Most likely drug money.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow it got spicy up in here! 🌶

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow!!! First off as I am the Manager referenced, I feel obligated to respond. This is our test drive unit. It IS NOT a stolen, canceled, hi-jacked, or fake order of a significant other, etc. This is a vehicle that is available for all of you to come test drive and check out. OP, you were more than welcome to drive it, however it was raining while you were here and the top was off, which is why I didn't offer to you. We have had quite a few people drive it so far, and also inquire about purchasing the vehicle. Unfortunately we cannot sell it for a minimum of 6 months, and 4k miles on the odom. We just ordered our accessory display yesterday and a ton of accessories that will be installed on this particular WT which will help to justify the price.

Our thought process behind putting a dealer markup sticker was simple....Supply and demand. With the great possibility that there will be no dealer inventory with the Bronco for at least a year and having a product with such demand, we, and any other dealer in the country would be foolish not to ask for what very possibly, may be under market value.

To be clear, this Bronco cannot be sold yet.

I, like most of you, have an unscheduled-clean order waiting to be built, and cant wait! I can also say that every one of our customers that ordered with us, received a signed purchase agreement with an agreed upon price that was fair. I hope that all of you received the same thing from your dealers!

Lastly OP I did not turn away from you when you told me your price at your dealer. I did say that it was aggressive and was glad to hear that you got a great deal. We talked for a minute or two, and I invited you back to drive it when the weather turned around. But thank you for the shoutout!

I have no problem with the markup, but how does this work? Can't sell for 6 months and 4K miles. If someone offers you the money today, does every Tom, Dick, and Harry still get to run it around town, or does it get loaned out to the buyer for 6 months? I know what I'd want the answer to be if it was my money buying it.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Or refinancing 2 years after purchasing and get to remove PMI and lower your payment $400 a month based on inflated home values.

Bought 3 homes and never had to pay PMI, so... anyway, selling is good as long as you have a place to go to, but buying in todays market can be tough when houses are selling for well above appraisal prices.

GrabberBlue

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150 Raptor, 2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They’re giving you a great deal. No waiting. Buy it now!

A8D6BBC4-84BB-44BC-8D02-F06A258D32BE.jpeg
That must be Peoria Ford! I feel bad for everyone who thinks they will be getting their Bronco for MSRP from them!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just a thought.
There is a reason that Car Sales People are rated second to last in Trusted Professionals, just ahead of politicians, they have a well earned reputation for being less than honest, fortunately if you look long and hard enough you can find a few honest ones.

America's Most & Least Trusted Professions

les-2f2019-2f01-2f20190111_trusted_professions-jpg.jpg

smaiocco

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Just a thought.
I have no problem with the markup, but how does this work? Can't sell for 6 months and 4K miles. If someone offers you the money today, does every Tom, Dick, and Harry still get to run it around town, or does it get loaned out to the buyer for 6 months? I know what I'd want the answer to be if it was my money buying it.
Yes Tom, Dick, and their friend Harry will still be able to drive it! LOL

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The market will decide if it's worth the $20k adm, if it doesn't sell they'll drop it. If it does sell be glad if you bought from an under invoice or MSRP dealer as you got a hot ticket item.

I've sold $600 PS3s for $2500 and a $4k rifle for $9k so I ain't mad at folks trying to make money off the impatient.
What type of Rifle?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.