Sponsored

Talk about Bronco price gouging šŸ˜± [Update: vehicle is demo unit not for sale yet]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Kia Sportage
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They can charge whatever they want.
That being said we are in a world where social media allows for people to call them out.
Sponsored

BroncoChris

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bill Knight Ford in Tulsa does the same. They added $15k to a GT500. I'm no fan of Dealers, BUT they are hurting financially right now with limited vehicles to sell. Gotta keep the lights on.
SlgAFzq.jpg
At least the other dealer typed it out. I guess handwriting the numbers saves $5,000 off the dealer markup

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bought 3 homes and never had to pay PMI, so... anyway, selling is good as long as you have a place to go to, but buying in todays market can be tough when houses are selling for well above appraisal prices.
Yeah, I wish that was a reality! Itā€™s not the 60-70-80-90ā€™s anymore. People canā€™t save money to put down 20%. You know how long it would take to save 66K for a 330K house (WHICH IS CHEAP IN COLORADO) when youā€™re living in an apartment but rent is $1,400 a month and thatā€™s considered affordable? Lol itā€™s stupid especially when that 330K house was 150K, ten years earlier.

Last edited:

GrabberBlue

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150 Raptor, 2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nicely done. We got married in Vegas in 2015, spent $2500 total for a week stay, including travel. I like to think of myself as a thrift expert.
Same, our wedding ceremony on a St Thomas beach was $500. I think our total travel expenses for the trip was around $2000. There are deals to be had.

OP
OP
CFC

CFC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hahahaha be careful what you share on Bronco6G! Big props to this man for standing up for himself.
Itā€™s all good . I donā€™t recall being told to come back and drive it .

Sponsored
OP
OP
CFC

CFC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny, I don't recall turning my head. But even keyboard warriors are welcome to drive it. So when you have some time...
Great response šŸ‘

OP
OP
CFC

CFC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I apologize to you and should of asked you about the high mark up on it . Didn't mean it to be a personal attack on you . Just couldnā€™t believe that price

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I wish that was a reality! Itā€™s not the 60-70-80-90ā€™s anymore. People canā€™t save money to put down 20%. You know how long it would take to save 66K for a 330K house (WHICH IS CHEAP IN COLORADO) when youā€™re living in an apartment but rent is $1,400 a month and thatā€™s considered affordable? Lol itā€™s stupid especially when that 330K house was 150K, ten years earlier.
Hell man, $350K is an average house here in Northwest AR. Bought a house 13 years ago and 2 years ago. No PMI is a reality if you want it to be. Todayā€™s market sucks if you are buying though. I wouldnā€™t because most homes here are selling for more than 25% above listing price. I sold a house in March and wish I had waited 2 more months. I would have made an additional 10%.

gjproducer

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what makes them an idiot or a sucker? a two week vacation to Hawaii can easily cost $20k. Is paying that much extra for a vehicle you really want, and skipping the 2 year wait, worth it? hell yeah it might be.
Just came back from two weeks in Hawaii, can confirm.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
This hasn't happened, isn't happening, and will only happen if commodity constraints cause MAP to run out of buildable units. They started building these in mid-March, 3 and a half months ago, and a single dealer stock unit has yet to be built.
You're usually spot on with the info, but I think here you're mistaken. This will happen a lot.

First, many order holders will simply walk away and never take delivery from the dealer. I've spoken to several dealers where people have walked, but the dealer keeps the order. Going back to the winter, dealers were converting orders without reservation holders consent. With all the top issues, etc, more people will walk and Ford won't be too strict with dealers who exceed their 80/20 split on buyers vs order names.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You're usually spot on with the info, but I think here you're mistaken. This will happen a lot.

First, many order holders will simply walk away and never take delivery from the dealer. I've spoken to several dealers where people have walked, but the dealer keeps the order. Going back to the winter, dealers were converting orders without reservation holders consent. With all the top issues, etc, more people will walk and Ford won't be too strict with dealers who exceed their 80/20 split on buyers vs order names.
Did you miss my next post?

Every order produced so far would either be an internal program order (Ford company, press cars, influencers), Dealer Demo units that cannot be sold yet, or customer orders.

The ones we see for sale at dealers are most likely from situations where the customer backed out, a customer is flipping it and splitting profit with the dealer, or the dealer demo is being "sold" but cannot be delivered yet.
Stock. Units. Have. Not. Been. Built.

Yes, it will happen when customers walk. Yes, it has happened that bad shops ordered without the customer's consent.

However, the 20% rule has NOT been relaxed and still has a direct impact on future Bronco allocations.

Dealers here and there will have units to sell to guys off the street at whatever ADM they want, but this is NOT because Ford has abandoned their plan to build customer units before stock. (And yes, that may still happen but only when there aren't buildable reserved units to fill excess capacity)
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.