Sponsored

Talk about Bronco price gouging šŸ˜± [Update: vehicle is demo unit not for sale yet]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMostToysWins

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

so just because it's a Bronco, American Capitalism is now a bad thing?
It's their car, they can set it on fire or sell it for a million or do what ever else they want with it. And they got it how ever they got it, I doubt they stole it.

Somebody with money wants to be the first on the block with the new Bronco they will. So what? There are lots of people to whom 20k is like $20 to me. I'd sure not think twice about $20 if it's just a bit over list for something I really want today. Why should they?
And why should a dealer (of anything) sell it for less than they can get? I sure wouldn't, would you?

I don't get the outrage over silly things like this.
For me personally the outrage is based on the amount of customers who paid the $1,000 deposit and should get first right of refusal for any ā€œextraā€ bronco that their dealer has.
Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
probably by screwing me on my Day 1, 9pm res and using it to fill their stock. I have a 2dr, VB BD with 2.7 on order. Not a peep on build date and when I asked for proof of my priority they get all nervous and then donā€™t respond to me. I just get this sinking feeling Iā€™m being played.
Clearly I am frustrated by the lack of transparency but I do think this is their mannequin. I guess since they let me test drive it they think itā€™s okay that I never get a build date. Only made me more pissed that I donā€™t have my VIN yet

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For those who have never been through the process:
Special Order/Reserved will get GREEN window stickers (even some who got theirs - theirs are green) like this:
1625191224311.png

Performance/Limited editions get red stickers:
1625191340547.png

Otherwise, its blue. At this point in time since its all early builds, blue means its most likely a mannequin/demo/media model as open retail builds have not started yet.
So all special orders / Green stickers have their MSRP locked in?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

MSRP =
MANUFACTURES
SUGGESTED
RETAIL
PRICE

Dealers are an independent busines, they can charge whatever they want to.

But you have no worries, you have your negoiated price in writting. Correct?

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As soon as my res was converted to an order my dealer drafted and had me sign the point of sale agreement with the final price taxes and fees locked down. So no up charges for me. Also since im like 99.9% sure im getting bumped to MY22 its nice knowing i have this on hand as back up for Fords price lock guarantee.

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For those who have never been through the process:
Special Order/Reserved will get GREEN window stickers (even some who got theirs - theirs are green) like this:
1625191224311.png

Performance/Limited editions get red stickers:
1625191340547.png

Otherwise, its blue. At this point in time since its all early builds, blue means its most likely a mannequin/demo/media model as open retail builds have not started yet.
I don't see it on the Bob Davidson website either. I am guessing they are using the mannequin for price negotiations as well as test drives.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I wish that was a reality! Itā€™s not the 60-70-80-90ā€™s anymore. People canā€™t save money to put down 20%. You know how long it would take to save 66K for a 330K house (WHICH IS CHEAP IN COLORADO) when youā€™re living in an apartment but rent is $1,400 a month and thatā€™s considered affordable? Lol itā€™s stupid especially when that 330K house was 150K, ten years earlier.
I live in one of the most expensive areas of the country and I put 20% down so I didn't have to pay PMI when I bought my house. The reality is that if you're paying PMI and can't put 20% down, you're likely buying more house than is fiscally prudent. That said, everyone's situation is different so I'm sure there are situations where it could be justified.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Either way, reservation holders have a fixed price. If you ordered a bronco, whatever price you were told is the price you pay. Not a single person who has taken delivery of their Broncos have complained about a $20,000 markup.
It's a negotiation. And, yes, reservation holders should negotiate the terms of the agreement (to include price) before placing their order. This is what those who have taken deliver have done. The only "price protection" is from Ford on MSRP which is a suggestion. If a person does not make a reservation and get in line, then if they want a Bronco they are going to face this "gouging".

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep. From another dealership video on this same question:
Reservation holders are guaranteed pricing. The only catch is that some dealerships charge ADMs, but those have to be disclosed at time of order if they do them on reservation/special orders, otherwise those are off the table to those with reservations/orders, but once it goes on-lot, they can do whatever they please and charge 100K ADM if they want.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I live in one of the most expensive areas of the country and I put 20% down so I didn't have to pay PMI when I bought my house. The reality is that if you're paying PMI and can't put 20% down, you're likely buying more house than is fiscally prudent. That said, everyone's situation is different so I'm sure there are situations where it could be justified.
Of course living in Alexandria means you most likely have a nice high paying federal or lobbyist related job, so saving a large down payment maybe way easier than for those of us living in flyover country.

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They can, best to have picked a dealer that committed to not screwing over reservation holders.
Once you actually ordered no they canā€™t. The price would have been agrred upon when you met with dealer and placed the order. However, after reservation and prior to the order, yes.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Throw away $200 a month on insurance> waste $1,400 a month on an apartment.

Itā€™s a pretty easy situation. In a perfect world I would have had 70K saved up to just throw at a house but I didnā€™t.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep. From another dealership video on this same question:
Reservation holders are guaranteed pricing. The only catch is that some dealerships charge ADMs, but those have to be disclosed at time of order if they do them on reservation/special orders, otherwise those are off the table to those with reservations/orders, but once it goes on-lot, they can do whatever they please and charge 100K ADM if they want.
Youā€™d be surprise how many reservationists have no idea what their finally price will be.

nothing is guaranteed unless you asked for it.

Iā€™m one of the thousands that locked in a below invoice deal.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why is Ford allowing crap like this to happen? Sad.
Because states have laws that prohibit car manufacturers from cutting the dealers out of the equation. It's similar to how alcohol producers have to sell to wholesalers who then sell to retailers. The producers would love to cut out the middleman.

Blame your state capital and all the leeches working therein, who protect the car dealerships from getting Amazon'd right off the face of this planet.

See, e.g., https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...t-car-dealerships-at-the-expense-of-consumers
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.