Sponsored

Talk about Bronco price gouging đŸ˜± [Update: vehicle is demo unit not for sale yet]

Status
Not open for further replies.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No issue with the markup. Be interesting to know if it’s a priority order(dealer put self in front of customers) or a canceled customer order.

If a canceled order, IMO Ford should’ve been requiring those to be actually canceled and not give the dealers the 20% allowance BS.

I won’t reiterate my issues with the former. Ya’ll already know😉
Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer was doing the same on the order conversions from reservations. I told them to go pound sand (it was originally “only” $7500 mark up then they lowered it to $5000) but I would not pay a nickel over MSRP and I got that in writing for my purchase contract. I know others claim to be under invoice but on a hot new popular car I don’t mind paying the window. đŸ€·

I won’t pay dealer mark up but if they can get someone to cough it up then good for them. It just won’t be my money.

Edit: spelling!!!

Last edited:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer was doing the same on the order conversions from reservations. I told them to go pound sand (it was originally “only” $7500 mark up then they lowered it to $5000) but I would pay a nickel over MSRP and k got that in writing for my purchase contract. I know other claim to be under invoice but on a hot new popular car I don’t mind paying the window. đŸ€·

I won’t pay dealer mark up but if they can get someone to cough it up then good for them. It just won’t be my money.
Good on you holding ground. Smart. For those paying under invoice, it’s not a claim

#gotitatgranger. 😉

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh...My...God! $20,000.00 ADM! The sad thing is, they'll probably get close to that? What did P.T. Barnum say? There's a sucker born every minute! đŸ€Ł

Sponsored

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

9D45A4BB-5B74-440D-9F67-600B5897F30E.jpeg

Someone paid money for these ugly AF shoes, so yes, I believe someone will also pay 20k over msrp for a Bronco 😂

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good on you holding ground. Smart. For those paying under invoice, it’s not a claim

#gotitatgranger. 😉
If you Actually read the thread, the dealer in question is up in here. Clarified and made peace with the OP...

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah we already have enough equity to remove it here so we will be more than fine moving forward. I had saved like 15K and when I went and started looking I realized we were not even close to 20% on anything! It’s just crazy because it’s not like get a normal job, save 10-20K and buy a house. 20% nowadays on average homes in Colorado is 100K. Who the hell can save 100K in any reasonable time in their early 20’s to buy a home?
Colorado is a mess - or at least the northern front range is. Gridlock and people all over. You can hardly get into RMNP without a reservation. Denver to Fort Collins will end up one big stretch of track housing. I lived in FC in the 90s when Harmony was still partly unpaved. Vacationing in C now and it ain't what it used to be.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The buyer is likely not a moron; he just has money! If Bill Cosby wants a Bronco, do you think he's going to give a F about $20k ADM?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you Actually read the thread, the dealer in question is up in here. Clarified and made peace with the OP...
Got it. Read most missed that. Demos should’ve never been made given constraints. Certainly not hard tops. But we all know this is all about the dealer and not end user. Plenty of evidence.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Makes you wonder if the dealership bought back off the person who ordered it or they just not take delivery of it or did the dealership ordered it themselves.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve started thinkin that folks don’t actually read the thread, only the title/OP... then jump in with all sorts of speculation/conjecture... so ya end up with a bunch of the same stuff over and over and the thread is never allowed to die the peaceful death that it deserves.

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I can be guilty of that as well, these threads blow up in a matter of minutes and sometimes you can't read them all. OP should edit his original post and @Administrator please lock this one down!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.