Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
No offense to any gladiator fans, but it's the most hilariously ugly truck I've ever seen in my life.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I decided to keep my Rubicon Gladiator. My wife is taking the bronco instead. I’m keeping the gladiator because of the towing and hauling. We use it for those things too much to give it up. I’ve had it for a year and it’s been great.

If I were you I would keep your bronco order, by the Mojave and trade it in if you want the bronco when it arrives.

OP
OP
HorizonHunter

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one. I can't wait to get rid of it. Front seat is cramped, back seat is even more cramped. Uconnect is awful and there are no good aftermarket solutions to the head unit.

You'll hate it.
I've never had any issue with uConnect.

Do you love your kid? If you do, then they deserve side curtain airbags, which are only available on the Bronco.
Damn. You're the first person to remind me of this. I was super close to pulling the trigger too.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you love your kid? If you do, then they deserve side curtain airbags, which are only available on the Bronco.
So if I let my kid ride in my old CJ7 or Triump Spitfire than I don't love my kid and I'm guilty of child abuse?

Sponsored

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There are multiple, that’s a flat out lie.
I said good. The Stinger unit is overpriced garbage. I seem to recall Stinger being a popular brand of head unit sold through Walmart. Still has that top notch quality.

The alpine units were discontinued, and were like $3500.

What else you got?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I said good. The Stinger unit is overpriced garbage. I seem to recall Stinger being a popular brand of head unit sold through Walmart. Still has that top notch quality.

The alpine units were discontinued, and were like $3500.

What else you got?
I think you just like to make shit up. The Alpine isn’t discontinued, it’s on Quadratec right now and it’s $3,100, you said good, not cheap. Insane audio head unit is also highly rated, that’s 2. Also Stinger, I guess you’ll be the lone wolf of the internet who says it’s bad when everyone else likes it, that’s 3.

What else you got?

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I drove a Bronco at Moab and I am really impressed with what Ford has done. It was 102 degrees out and we ran them hard. The Bronco never stopped impressing me and my wife.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up my Badlands (squatched, 2.7, Lux), in early July. It is a monster to drive! I've had it offroad (nothing crazy but more than just a dirt game lands road). Mostly through mud. Had a couple of instances where I got nervous I was going to get stuck. Put it in 4lo, locked the diffs and crawled thru, up and over everything I encountered without spinning at all. Besides loving every second I am in it and making excuses to go for a ride whenever I can, the looks I get are great. I've had people on the highway at 80mph roll down their windows to tell me they love it. Almost every single time I park at a store, when I come out, there are people looking it over. They ask questions about it and whether I like it. I F'ing LOVE IT.

So you have to ask yourself, do you want to be the guy looking at the Bronco wishing it was yours or do you want to be the guy driving it.

Good luck! I hope you get it soon! You're going to love it!

Sponsored

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stock perhaps.
Go check one out lifted properly on 37s and get back to me.

Ford Bronco Talk me out of (or into) a Gladiator Mojave 1632847229167

Ford Bronco Talk me out of (or into) a Gladiator Mojave 1632847380010

we have both.
gladiator overland on 37s, lifted 3.5, wanders a bit, stiff as expected, nice interior, 15-17mpg AT.
bronco OB, 34.4, level lift 2inch/1 inch, 2.7, 10spd. <15mpg, rides nice, gets lots of attention.

power differences are not noticeable and power is fine for both. i do get amused at all the comments about how bad looking the jeep is. i guess i will need to get my vision checked. just not "seeing" what they see. if there is a better looking truck than the one above, i would like to see it. the jeep looks very capable, and it is. utility is a precious commodity. gladiator offers that. it is a wonderful jack of multiple trades, one truck does most all you could ask in a mid size.

having owned 50+ mobiles, the only better looking was the '75 vette roadster in flame orange/saddle, which had 165HP and a 4 speed. and of all those mobiles i have owned, the only two i would keep is the vette and the gladiator. off-roading is the last thing i am interested in when buying. i would not beat up my 60k gladiator, or my 60k bronco with off-roading. where i live, and with my job, i need a vehicle which will get me where i have to go, when i have to go.

both the bronco and the gladiator are very nice. i have two more broncos coming. the 2021 two door has a vin, so i will get that later this year. the 2022 fairway green (eruption) two door might usurp the gladiator as the one to keep forever, but for now, the gladiator is my choice if i could keep only one. (though i will likely upgrade this black overland to the mojave and supercharge the 3.6, and i am keeping the two 2 doors forever anyway to give to the grandsons)

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

we have both.
gladiator overland on 37s, lifted 3.5, wanders a bit, stiff as expected, nice interior, 15-17mpg AT.
bronco OB, 34.4, level lift 2inch/1 inch, 2.7, 10spd. <15mpg, rides nice, gets lots of attention.

power differences are not noticeable and power is fine for both. i do get amused at all the comments about how bad looking the jeep is. i guess i will need to get my vision checked. just not "seeing" what they see. if there is a better looking truck than the one above, i would like to see it. the jeep looks very capable, and it is. utility is a precious commodity. gladiator offers that. it is a wonderful jack of multiple trades, one truck does most all you could ask in a mid size.

having owned 50+ mobiles, the only better looking was the '75 vette roadster in flame orange/saddle, which had 165HP and a 4 speed. and of all those mobiles i have owned, the only two i would keep is the vette and the gladiator. off-roading is the last thing i am interested in when buying. i would not beat up my 60k gladiator, or my 60k bronco with off-roading. where i live, and with my job, i need a vehicle which will get me where i have to go, when i have to go.

both the bronco and the gladiator are very nice. i have two more broncos coming. the 2021 two door has a vin, so i will get that later this year. the 2022 fairway green (eruption) two door might usurp the gladiator as the one to keep forever, but for now, the gladiator is my choice if i could keep only one. (though i will likely upgrade this black overland to the mojave and supercharge the 3.6, and i am keeping the two 2 doors forever anyway to give to the grandsons)
Very nice!
And for the record I really wanted to like the Bronco. In the end I didn't want to fight the limitations of IFS (I've been there before with IFS rigs) being that I want to be on 37/38s with a proper lift of no more than 2.5 inches..3 max.
I just placed an order for the Jeep 392 XR.
I am well aware of the steering issues and plan to solve with AM support, if need be.
This will not be my DD.
Sponsored