First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Both tops will have there challenges you will learn to live with all the little quirks of each. I've taught my 10 and 12 year old kids how to change tops on the jeep this year they changed from hard top to soft and vice versa a week ago by themselves. I stood there as a small tear rolled down my cheek.
Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1st Jeep CJ was a soft top, 2nd and 3rd Jeep Wranglers were hard tops. Going with a 4 dr Wildtrak, Lux, Hardtop.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go hard top from the factory so you have that covered, and then order an aftermarket soft top for the summer months. This is the more expensive option, but that aftermarket top looks SOO much better than the factory soft top. Windows are solid, not wavy. Fit and finish look better in photos as well.

The rear portion of the hard top isnt THAT hard to remove.. just a few bolts and 2 people to move it. Storage is always a pain.

Ford Bronco Talk to me Goose - Hardtop? 1634494415517

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah Iā€™m in the exact same boat. In fact I go TOMORROW to reorder my bronco and I live in Colorado. I donā€™t love the factory soft top but Iā€™m a December ā€˜20 res and I really donā€™t want to wait until ā€˜23.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After ā€œNo Vinā€-ing in 21, I get to go back to my dealer this week to put in my ā€˜22 build.

Most of my choices are set, except for the top. Iā€™m in northern Ohio, so we get our share of cold/snow/ice here. Rationally I should do hardtop. But, on the other hand, I want my Bronco!

So I want your opinion. Iā€™m leaning towards ordering a soft top. Am I crazy? My reasoning is at worst, if I hate it, I shop hardtop options a year or two down the line, or just sell the vehicle.

ā€˜22 4d BD, mid, EG šŸŸ¢
Order the Bronco you WANT! Not the one you think that you can get.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Swimdc

Swimdc

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5 (prev - FJ, sold thinking Iā€™d see Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Go hard top from the factory so you have that covered, and then order an aftermarket soft top for the summer months. This is the more expensive option, but that aftermarket top looks SOO much better than the factory soft top. Windows are solid, not wavy. Fit and finish look better in photos as well.

The rear portion of the hard top isnt THAT hard to remove.. just a few bolts and 2 people to move it. Storage is always a pain.

1634494415517.png
Agree 100% - the Bestop is what I really like

Last edited:

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After ā€œNo Vinā€-ing in 21, I get to go back to my dealer this week to put in my ā€˜22 build.

Most of my choices are set, except for the top. Iā€™m in northern Ohio, so we get our share of cold/snow/ice here. Rationally I should do hardtop. But, on the other hand, I want my Bronco!

So I want your opinion. Iā€™m leaning towards ordering a soft top. Am I crazy? My reasoning is at worst, if I hate it, I shop hardtop options a year or two down the line, or just sell the vehicle.

If you Feel the Need for Speed (hardtop) šŸ˜‰šŸšŸ•šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m at the same decision point. I was going to wait out the painted top for the Wildtrak. But, theyā€™ve changed so much with it. I'm thinking of going Badlands with a soft top and hoping someone does a painted aftermarket hardtop.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I had waited for what I reserved, dual top soft with painted modular I would be waiting until 2023 and even then who knows if Ford will ever produce the painted roof.

So on March 18th I switched to soft, built 8/30, delivered into my waiting hands 10/9.

We get an average 100 inches of snow here along Lake Erie, and yes the softtie is noisy, sounds from vehicles in from come through the back - really freaky. If there is a proper aftermarket roof available before spring I will probably go for it - but I have a garage so snow issue will really just be when outside traversing or at work. I can start my baby with my phone and can even schedule when it starts (not in the closed garage, however)

But I needed a vehicle THIS YEAR and that made up MY mind.

Sponsored

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having finally had the chance, yesterday, to see and test-drive a Bronco, and get my order in, I ultimately settled for the soft-top. No doubt remains that I would rather have the hard top, but I was advised that sticking with that would likely add about another half-year to my wait time; and having test-driven a soft-top-equipped Wildtrak, I've decided that I can live with a soft top until such time as I can obtain and install a hard top. Perhaps, while I am waiting for Ford to catch up, maybe the aftermarket will produce a better and/or less expensive alternative.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Even with a Day 2 reservation, I'm concerned I'll be on the bubble for getting a MY22 if I stay with the MIC. So I'll be switching to a soft top. Also, I like the looks of EG with a black top over gray. I'll look for a hard top in a couple of years.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stick to your guns and order what you want. I have a late reservation and I decided to keep the deadly sins. I typically donā€™t upgrade after the fact and Iā€™d be filled with regrets if I didnā€™t order what I really wanted.
2 door Sas BL, Mic, Tow package
Copy cat. I got the same build and late bloomer. July 21 Reservation. Fingers crossed we see our Broncos in 22!

broncoGIRL21

Big Bend
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm in Michigan, same boat. I switched to soft top because I didn't think would ever get my Bronco if I didn't. Sure enough, my car was scheduled to be built a few weeks later. I should have it by Halloween. I will order the hard top later, and hope the soft top makes me happy in the meantime. At this point, I just wanted my car!!
Sponsored