Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft top is loud at highway speed…and ugly at any speed.
That was one thing I was specifically looking (listening) at in my test drive yesterday. In spite of traffic being unfavorable, I looked for and availed myself of the opportunity, at least in short bursts, get get up to about 80MPH+ just to judge whether I thought that road noise would be acceptable at such a speed in a soft top. My judgement was that yes, wind noise is acceptable under those conditions. I'm sure I'll be happier once I have a hard top with a sound-deadening headliner, but what I experienced with the soft top, I can live with.
Sponsored

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat. I live in Nebraska. In the end I want both tops. Thinking of getting the soft top. Then I may not have the hard top equipment. If I go aftermarket hard top, will on storage bags be available. First world problems

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP, looks like you live in OH. I am wondering how the soft top will perform during/after snow events when you have to access the cargo area. Looks like the top is pushed forward. Seems like snow would fall in the cargo area if there is any on the top or sides.

Anyway, after having seven soft top jeeps and one hard top, I am going to opt for a HT Bronco.

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After “No Vin”-ing in 21, I get to go back to my dealer this week to put in my ‘22 build.

Most of my choices are set, except for the top. I’m in northern Ohio, so we get our share of cold/snow/ice here. Rationally I should do hardtop. But, on the other hand, I want my Bronco!

So I want your opinion. I’m leaning towards ordering a soft top. Am I crazy? My reasoning is at worst, if I hate it, I shop hardtop options a year or two down the line, or just sell the vehicle.

‘22 4d BD, mid, EG 🟢
I live in Cleveland, I have had both hard and soft top jeeps. Hard!

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you want the Bronco that bad and willing to compromise to "get it now", then waste some extra money and by from a dealer now at a considerable markup. Remember, patience is a virtue. Good things come to those that wait. Blah, blah, blah.

Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. I live in Nebraska. In the end I want both tops. Thinking of getting the soft top. Then I may not have the hard top equipment. If I go aftermarket hard top, will on storage bags be available. First world problems
I haven't found where you may buy the on board bags except with your hard top order.

Cjk.44

Badlands
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After “No Vin”-ing in 21, I get to go back to my dealer this week to put in my ‘22 build.

Most of my choices are set, except for the top. I’m in northern Ohio, so we get our share of cold/snow/ice here. Rationally I should do hardtop. But, on the other hand, I want my Bronco!

So I want your opinion. I’m leaning towards ordering a soft top. Am I crazy? My reasoning is at worst, if I hate it, I shop hardtop options a year or two down the line, or just sell the vehicle.

‘22 4d BD, mid, EG 🟢
I was at my local dealer in TN where I ordered my badlands about three weeks ago, the general manager had told me that the hard top Restriction had Been lifted and should be no more delays. Hope he’s right.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went through the same ordeal as you, had to redo my 99'd '21 order. Agonized over that same decision, give up on MIC and get it sooner, or stick to my guns. I stayed MIC. My rational was: lets watch a few scheduling cycles and see if Ford seems to have their shit together. I think if they get ramped up to full production, orders are going to get filled faster than what the doom and gloomers on this forum would have you believe. Just an uninformed opinion. If after a few cycles if it is still a circus, change to softtop. Good luck!
I had the same conversation when resubmitting my order. The rep said they are supposed to really ‘suggest’ going with a soft top. I told him let’s see how things start rolling out and maybe by March I’d change if I don’t get scheduled by then. He agreed with the plan.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want the Bronco that bad and willing to compromise to "get it now", then waste some extra money and by from a dealer now at a considerable markup. Remember, patience is a virtue. Good things come to those that wait. Blah, blah, blah.
I paid sticker for mine.

abs

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody really talks about the poor visibility and lack of wiper on the back, it's honestly horrible and I want to switch to a hardtop immediately

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't really want a soft top, but I've enjoyed having it. If I was waiting for MIC I would still be driving my 20 year old 4runner. Worth it for the switch.
Sponsored