Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Are there any other folks/lawyers here who would be interested in joining a federal lawsuit against Ford and naming specific dealers for not providing warranty services represented as being included with the product ? Tallahassee Ford recently refused my warranty service on a non running vehicle and I am hearing of other dealerships as well. I am of the belief that Ford and its dealers are acting directly in violation of The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
Sponsored

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What warranty work are they denying you?

Seminole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
7.3 F350 DRW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to know as well. I live in Tallahassee and would like to know about this dealership.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

442e358e108d08e7f%2Ftumblr_peltudpjvE1xyw659o1_500.gif

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dealer is an independent dealer. Ford is the mfg. that provides the warranty. A dealer can refuse to deal with any customer as long as it is not discriminatory.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
The vehcile has a parasitic draw and the battery dies after 2 days so it will not start. They said the can look at it in July 2 months from now so I have a 6K pound paperweight. Interestingly when I look up warranty requirements under the ACT governing warranties it clearly states in number 11 that a timeframe must be given for remidy once a defect has been identified. I have requested the language from Ford but have not heard back yet the T&C's of our warranties timeframe.

§2302. Rules governing contents of warranties
CHAPTER 50—CONSUMER PRODUCT WARRANTIES

Magnuson Moss Warranty-Federal Trade Commission Improvements Act
(a) Full and conspicuous disclosure of terms and conditions; additional requirements for contents
In order to improve the adequacy of information available to consumers, prevent deception, and improve competition in the marketing of consumer products, any warrantor warranting a consumer product to a consumer by means of a written warranty shall, to the extent required by rules of the Commission, fully and conspicuously disclose in simple and readily understood language the terms and conditions of such warranty. Such rules may require inclusion in the written warranty of any of the following items among others:
(1) The clear identification of the names and addresses of the warrantors.
(2) The identity of the party or parties to whom the warranty is extended.
(3) The products or parts covered.
(4) A statement of what the warrantor will do in the event of a defect, malfunction, or failure to conform with such written warranty—at whose expense—and for what period of time.
(5) A statement of what the consumer must do and expenses he must bear.
(6) Exceptions and exclusions from the terms of the warranty.
(7) The step-by-step procedure which the consumer should take in order to obtain performance of any obligation under the warranty, including the identification of any person or class of persons authorized to perform the obligations set forth in the warranty.
(8) Information respecting the availability of any informal dispute settlement procedure offered by the warrantor and a recital, where the warranty so provides, that the purchaser may be required to resort to such procedure before pursuing any legal remedies in the courts.
(9) A brief, general description of the legal remedies available to the consumer.
(10) The time at which the warrantor will perform any obligations under the warranty.
(11) The period of time within which, after notice of a defect, malfunction, or failure to conform with the warranty, the warrantor will perform any obligations under the warranty.
(12) The characteristics or properties of the products, or parts thereof, that are not covered by the warranty.
(13) The elements of the warranty in words or phrases which would not mislead a reasonable, average consumer as to the nature or scope of the warranty.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some advice. Do NOT try to establish a service/ warranty appointment by telephone. Go in person to the service dept to make the appointment. I called about a repair on my 2018 Mustang GT that is covered under an extended warranty and was given a preliminary appointment day two months out. Next day I went in person to the service dept and received a service day for ten days later. BTW, my Bronco windshield adhesive recall appointment was scheduled almost three months out. Also had to go to a different dealer because the dealership had to have an on site body shop to handle that recall. So I was told. That one didn’t bother me since most likely all the service tech really does is turn the rear view mirror into an abstract position so it gives the appearance the windshield was removed.

white_dc

First Name
b
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

sounds like you havent even let the dealer diagnose the car yet and they cant fit you in until July. Unfortunately thats common. I had to schedule an appointment last year 5 weeks out just for them to tell me my wastegate was bad, then wait another 2 months for a replacement.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The vehcile has a parasitic draw and the battery dies after 2 days so it will not start. They said the can look at it in July 2 months from now so I have a 6K pound paperweight.
I know it's not optimal, but why not just disconnect the battery when you're not using it until a dealer gets a chance to look at it?

OP
OP

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yea, im carry around a jump pack. I would not have bought a new car to have to jump off though. The LR 90 is looking like a better value every day.

OP
OP

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would cancel and order with the dealership in ttown because they are going to screw you somehow (either with BS add-on fees or after the fact with crappy service). Their current service manager is a moron and started telling me about how fords are like his new washing machine and fail because they have lots of buttons.

Brandon Ford im Tampa is the largest Ford dealership in the country. Your order will be built much faster there. Im finally getting service from Thomasville. Once/if they figure out whats wrong the they have to get parts. Being a small dealer again, they are on the back burner, so who knows how many months that will take.

In any case, whatever dealer you're at in rural areas, Ford is not providing a warranty in a reasonable timeframe. The LR 90 seems like a better deal if you want a new vehicle with a warranty.

hummm.....my order is placed with Tally Ford

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry your ownership experience has not been as good as mine., but lots of us (including myself) have made warranty claims and are satisfied with the outcome, so implying a LR90 has a warranty and a Bronco does not is a bit misleading.

OP
OP

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, of course to be reasonable there are stories both ways. In my personal situation my dissappointment stems from the fact that I purchased with the idea that the manufacturer could service the vehicle locally in Talllahassee which they can not. If you have to depend on a vehicle to drive to work everydaybeing without the car for four months and/ or towing it 1 to 3 hours away is a bad situation.
Sponsored