Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Seems larger than what I recall from my wifes 14 JK but I honestly can’t say for sure.
Yeah i know it help with the placing of the hard tops when you lay them in the rear.
Sponsored

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopefully Ford is going to upgrade these pre-production rear seats, and make them easy to remove without tools and have flush mounts so the space can be used flat with the seats removed. This is a must. If they can't do it for model year 2021, they have to get it for 2022.
This is unacceptable to me. The way I use this type of vehicle, I need/want the cargo space not the passanger space. If this is remotley close to what the 2 door will be like (and I am betting it is), I will be getting my $100 reservation back. I will keeping my 2016 2 door Wrangler with all of it problems/relibility issues. I was really hoping for more and prefer Ford vehicles. I guess I could gamble on 2 door wrangler #5.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hopefully Ford is going to upgrade these pre-production rear seats, and make them easy to remove without tools and have flush mounts so the space can be used flat with the seats removed. This is a must. If they can't do it for model year 2021, they have to get it for 2022.
??When do we realistically think the next gen model will come out.

I’ve always said I’ll be the 1st one to get the new bronco, but this one issue is now giving me hesitation. I wasn’t worried at all before all this. Of course a brand new modular top off vehicle would have modular removable rear seats.??‍♂

My fear is the next gen is focused on the hybrid with the hidden battery in the cargo floor and the seats and floor will still be an issue.

Ok. That was my daily rant on this one. Proceed.??

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
wonder why it is such a secret. Lots of test broncos out there and still not one is able to give a measurement on the depth of the 4 door cargo space?
These are just test vehicles and/or show cars. Clearly, final production is going to have some cosmetic differences to some of these early builds and they don’t want more complaining from us. I don’t blame them.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These are just test vehicles and/or show cars. Clearly, final production is going to have some cosmetic differences to some of these early builds and they don’t want more complaining from us. I don’t blame them.
Thanks. I get it. Lots of chatter about. Might be easier just to set the record straight. People tend to fill in the blanks without any real info. Seems like it’s not a selling feature worth mentioning

Laner001

Big Bend
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi. Does anyone remember seeing the post that showed the size and measurements of the cargo area of the 2 door. I can’t find it, and it’s out there. Thank you Lane G.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I recall it being 20.5" deep at the load floor with a tape measure. No official width, but guys were calculating 45" wide.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hi. Does anyone remember seeing the post that showed the size and measurements of the cargo area of the 2 door. I can’t find it, and it’s out there. Thank you Lane G.
Merged into the thread you're searching for.

Laner001

Big Bend
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks to @Aman, our hero member on the ground today at NYSE (see his full coverage here), we finally have a definitive depth measurement for the 2-Door Bronco's cargo area. It looks to be just about 20.5" depth

This is shallower than the estimated 2 feet depth from the earlier cargo area analysis and we've updated the visualization image to reflect this new tape measured dimension.

2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door Cargo Area Trunk Dimensions Measurement.jpg

Updated visualization (from earlier cargo area analysis thread):

2-door-cargo-area-trunk-size-volume-dimensions-updatedy.jpg
Thank you

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So with the seats down cargo area for the 2D is estimated at 45” x 40”. Correct me if this estimate is off.

Based on this I taped off a section of an old carpet in my garage to mimic this same 40x45” space. I just wanted to see what it looks like with my camping gear stacked up. 100% doable for wheeling weekends with the boys & could easily add in gear for one more person (kid / wife / buddy) as needed. I have no plans for the 2D to be our family camping rig, we have a Tacoma for that 😎

Pics below include
- tent
- roadhouse tarp
- camp chair
- step22 box (kitchen)
- step22 box (dry food)
- cooler
- sleeping bag / pillow
- tools & recovery bag

Not included in this estimate (that I typically carry is)
- water Jerry’s
- sleeping pad
- mid sized shovel
- fire wood (dependent on destination)
- traction boards (tbd mounting maybe rear wheel)
- rear wheel mounted trash bag (I plan to move the camera)

Anyway I thought you guys may enjoy this exercise.

PEACE

Ford Bronco Tape Measured Depth of the 2021 Bronco 2-Door Cargo / Trunk Area = 20-21 Inches B33891F9-C098-43B2-8E17-810D843019F4
Ford Bronco Tape Measured Depth of the 2021 Bronco 2-Door Cargo / Trunk Area = 20-21 Inches 27185C23-63A5-42D7-94D6-6234EF071D1C

Reactions: sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So with the seats down cargo area for the 2D is estimated at 45” x 40”. Correct me if this estimate is off.

Based on this I taped off a section of an old carpet in my garage to mimic this same 40x45” space. I just wanted to see what it looks like with my camping gear stacked up. 100% doable for wheeling weekends with the boys & could easily add in gear for one more person (kid / wife / buddy) as needed. I have no plans for the 2D to be our family camping rig, we have a Tacoma for that 😎

Pics below include
- tent
- roadhouse tarp
- camp chair
- step22 box (kitchen)
- step22 box (dry food)
- cooler
- sleeping bag / pillow
- tools & recovery bag

Not included in this estimate (that I typically carry is)
- water Jerry’s
- sleeping pad
- mid sized shovel
- fire wood (dependent on destination)
- traction boards (tbd mounting maybe rear wheel)
- rear wheel mounted trash bag (I plan to move the camera)

Anyway I thought you guys may enjoy this exercise.

PEACE

B33891F9-C098-43B2-8E17-810D843019F4.jpeg
27185C23-63A5-42D7-94D6-6234EF071D1C.jpeg
Nicely done!

I think you might have closer to 48" x 50" though - even better. I'm hoping to get one of those Tuffy fixed-lid 2Dr cargo enclosures for the back (from the accessory list) - should be *almost* level with the back seats when they're down.
Sponsored