Sponsored

Tear Down Videos - Taking Apart the 2021 Bronco (Car and Driver, Motor1)

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's really cool hoe ford has built this thing. Even if you don't like the vehicle, you gotta appreciate the thought they into it's design.
Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Im in for some bulged fenders so i can dump the flares.
I'd be down for that too, as long as it doesn't make it look cartoonish. Which may be difficult to accomplish.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The official Bronco of Barstow, CA

Ford Bronco Tear Down Videos - Taking Apart the 2021 Bronco (Car and Driver, Motor1) ibp9dhOZuqULZZHUg1

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah those clips are awesome but might come back to haunt Ford once some POS starts running around stealing them to sell on EBay.

Also, there’s no flannel and it makes me feel weird.

Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So after removing the rear quarter panel- I do not see how a replacement with square openings can be fitted? So that means that a square cutout flare can be just put over the round hole? Because if you had a square cutout quarter panel - then you will still have the round opening that is shown in primer (cactus grey) here in the picture -

Ford Bronco Tear Down Videos - Taking Apart the 2021 Bronco (Car and Driver, Motor1) 1614692867616

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I remember a decade ago having to put those metal hose clamps around my tailgate's attachment points to prevent "unauthorized" people from quickly walking away with it.

I sure hope it takes more effort to take parts off... And here I thought not having hood locks on a jeep was a stupid idea.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

C/D has this poll at the bottom of the page. It's definitely not scientific, but Jeep still can't be too happy about the early results so far...
Ford Bronco Tear Down Videos - Taking Apart the 2021 Bronco (Car and Driver, Motor1) 1614693367131

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So after removing the rear quarter panel- I do not see how a replacement with square openings can be fitted? So that means that a square cutout flare can be just put over the round hole? Because if you had a square cutout quarter panel - then you will still have the round opening that is shown in primer (cactus grey) here in the picture -

Ford Bronco Tear Down Videos - Taking Apart the 2021 Bronco (Car and Driver, Motor1) 1614693367131
I think I heard what I thought you said but I am not quite sure that what I heard is what you meant. 🥴

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easy peasy. Agree, hope my fender flares don’t walk away one day. Maybe they’ll be some kind of aftermarket fender lock kit to make it a tiny bit harder to remove them quickly.
They make that already! Drill bit and a master lock!

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There was a black one with 37s at the sema show it had square fenders

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe tamper resistant hardware would help?
I worked in a jail for 6 years. Tamper resistant hardware never works lol. If the inmates can take things apart with ink pens and plastic sporks, imagine what someone can do with real tools 😂

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's all nice and stuff but makes it easier for fenders and such to get stolen. Atleast the hood release is in the cab. Unlike the Wrangler. Anytime can just wall up and pop the hook.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yeah, the flares might be easy enough to walk off with, but the fenders themselves need access to the inside, so that makes it a little tougher to get those off.
Even still, all these videos are highly edited and don't show removal of every fastener. It's going to take a while to get all those out. It would be a lot faster for a would-be thief to just drive off with the whole vehicle than fuss about trying to get the fenders off.

Zoomer6

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Couple takeaways (no pun intended) from this video. Appears very easy to remove flares, fenders, & grill. Which has me concerned that when I leave the Bronco parked somewhere, I will return to a stripped-down vehicle. I will be interested in what other people implement to help mitigate that from occurring. In the bigger picture of things, with it being so easy to disassemble with just a few tools, that to me means it should be pretty straightforward to assemble the vehicle at the factory. This makes me wonder why Ford can’t produce a higher volume of Broncos than what they are projecting? I understand that a vehicle launch can take some time to ramp to full volumes and additionally there looks to be some part shortages, but based on this video many parts of the assembly should go quickly.
Sponsored