Sponsored

Tear Down Videos - Taking Apart the 2021 Bronco (Car and Driver, Motor1)

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think that Ford has thought of potential for missing parts and has taken some steps including when the alarm is armed.

The fenders may very well be something that goes missing a lot, but hope they're cheap. Think I may grab an extra set just to plan ahead.

So sad something like this has to cause anxiety, but that's where we are these days.

In all honesty, all cars can be taken down with a few wrenches when no one is watching. I have cameras around my home, will keep the Bronco locked with alarm on, and am thinking of installing an interior camera with LTE and WiFi. Sucks and costs, but I don't know what else to do.
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a soft top YJ for 15 years. Lived in the close-in burbs of DC. The doors, top, and windows were never stolen. My wife first had it in Dobbs Ferry, NY, again, no one ever touched it. There was no security in the soft top since the door windows could simply be unzipped in 5 seconds. The door had one (1) 10MM nut to remove to take the door off the hinges.

I think the prospective owners of the New Bronco who think they'll go mall crawling and park to have lunch at PF Chang's and expect to come out to a stripped Bronco are way over exaggerating the issue.

99% of people will never know the Bronco fender flares unlatch nor will give a shit. And 99.9% of the people who will know the flares come off easily are fellow Bronco owners. If we start stealing from each other, then God bless us all.

Last edited:

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shout-out to C&D for getting these videos out sooner than BN :LOL:

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
All the concerns about this stuff getting stolen... lol. I just always go back to the ā€œbike locks shouldnā€™t be legalā€

Not necessarily about bike locks but with a creative imagination people can be insanely destructive. Itā€™s just that 99% of people arenā€™t like that. Iā€™d be way more concerned about someone going underneath my shit and cutting coolant lines or electrical connections with a $2 pair of shears than someone stealing my fenders lol.

Iā€™d also be more concerned about someone stealing the cats. A $500 fender or a $1500 cat I know what Iā€™m giving up...

Last edited:

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only parts that can be removed without unlocking the vehicle are the fender flares, so itā€™s really not that much different from other vehicles.

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like the Filson edition backing into frame before the quick cut away.

Ford Bronco Tear Down Videos - Taking Apart the 2021 Bronco (Car and Driver, Motor1) Capture2.JPG

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Tear Down Videos - Taking Apart the 2021 Bronco (Car and Driver, Motor1) Loctite_272_Variant_Image

Just a suggestion šŸ˜œ

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should be pretty easy to have the Bronco painted a different color with most of the major parts being removeable.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Digging the size of that washer tank! It must hold 3 gallons! Only thing I hated about my '87 Ranger STX was the 1/2 gallon washer fluid tank, it was useless off road.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lol at the videos to come from people trying to cross the Mex/US border... CBP is going to LOVE the bronco.
Sponsored