Derrek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey if death wobble was a thing with 280hp, 475hp should fix it right up! lol. I love Jeeps and Fords but damn theres so many other things they could actually fix with the way a JL drives vs just shoving more HP down its throat.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tacowolf

tacowolf

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hennessey Velociraptor 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey if death wobble was a thing with 280hp, 475hp should fix it right up! lol. I love Jeeps and Fords but damn theres so many other things they could actually fix with the way a JL drives vs just shoving more HP down its throat.
It’s FCAs motto: “if it’s broken give it more horsepower”

1lostCDN

Badlands
First Name
Derrek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Theres a company in the states that does HEMI swaps into the JL's. they have a 2 door Rubicon with a HELLCAT swap in it.. that would be the scariest thing to drive known to man lol.

topher3134

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Wherever the Army takes me, middle east right now
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 Superduty FX4, 2012 F150 FX4, 2007 Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have driven a few HEMI jeeps and they aren't real that bad. I would assume a 2 door would be somewhat difficult to deal with but the 4 door I drove was just fine. AEV and a few others make some good conversion kits. I assume if FCA did it from the factory there would be a big increase in cooling capacity. The issue I would worry about is that split axle in the front of the JLs

KCBRUIN

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 screw 3.5eb
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The 5.7 liter Hemi is begging to go into a production Jeep, and what I’ve been waiting on since I sold my last JK. It’s what they should have added instead of the turbo 4. The diesel JL is so ridiculously overpriced I can’t see how anyone justifies it.

Sponsored

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought it was: If it's outdated, inferior to the competition and expensive to redesign, give it obscene horsepower.
But your version is more succinct.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The problem with the 5.7 hemi for Jeep now is, it’s similar output to the 2.7 ecoboost. But gets 70% of the gas mileage. Only 17mpg in the GC. 2.7 Edge ST gets 22combine.

and that’s why FCA is working on a ~400hp I6TT to help replace its v8s

even GM is trying to faze out the 5.3 in favor of the 2.7

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This gives ford incentive to announce the big balls option instead of waiting a year.

392 hemi

Ford Bronco Teaser: Jeep Wrangler might be getting a HEMI V8 6.4L EcpV7HwWsAAd7pa

BroncoJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always thought this this was overblown or due to people putting crappy lifts on or whatever. Until I rented a JL for the week in the Mojave. Thing was stock with around 20k on it and got the death wobble on the highway and scared the shit out of everyone. Also was a pain to drive at speed.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Teaser: Jeep Wrangler might be getting a HEMI V8 6.4L EcpV7HwWsAAd7pa

Jeep just posted this on their insta. Huge hood scoop and it says 392, which is a 6.4l HEMI Package on the charger/challenger
Jeep lovers should be thanking Ford . If not for the Bronco, Jeep would never do a v8.

Sponsored

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol, look at all the naysayers in this thread. Everyone was clamoring for a V8 bronco, but now that Jeep gets one instead, everyone is like " that's pointless... Who needs that power?"
If you don't think this will take some wind out of Fords sail you are kidding yourself. The coyote should have been an option in the bronco.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol, look at all the naysayers in this thread. Everyone was clamoring for a V8 bronco, but now that Jeep gets one instead, everyone is like " that's pointless... Who needs that power?"
If you don't think this will take some wind out of Fords sail you are kidding yourself. The coyote should have been an option in the bronco.
a 5.7 swap is one thing. But a 392 Wrangler? That’s over kill. Likely limited production like the demon >2,000 made.

a v8 bronco doesn’t need to happen because it wouldn’t be better than a 3.0 ecoboost. Sound better and have a v8 badge sure. But In term of real world practicality and performance the ecoboost wins.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

a 5.7 swap is one thing. But a 392 Wrangler? That’s over kill. Likely limited production like the demon >2,000 made.

a v8 bronco doesn’t need to happen because it wouldn’t be better than a 3.0 ecoboost. Sound better and have a v8 badge sure. But In term of real world practicality and performance the ecoboost wins.
I think I'd prefer the 3.0 in this rig, however, nothing gets my thong slimier than a V8 rumble.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the engine weight might actually do it, that and the fact that the phenomenon occurs between certain speeds. You just have to mash it and get past those speeds it could happen again at 130 could it? ?

conrfox

First Edition
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve never really understood the point of putting these fast engines in heavy, unaerodynamic boxes. Realistically who is going to go to the drag strip, race or even want to go that fast in a Jeep? I guess it’s nice to have more options.
The main selling point of a v8 for Jeep owners is the low end torque and extra power needed to run 38” + tires efficiently. But, this is a very, very select portion of the market. I’m running 37” tires on my Gladiator and it gets around town just fine with the v6.

If Jeep prices the 392 models over 60-65k I doubt it will be that successful. Not knocking the idea though - a v8 would be mean.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.