Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing cool
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think they are just trying to steal some thunder. Pretty sure FCA said they wouldn’t put a V8 in a JL because it meant the crumple zones would not be sufficient but I may be wrong. Imagine launching that monster into a massive death wobble :oops:

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So are we going to rock krawl with that much horsepower? Are we trying to go down the dragstrip?Are we going going to hill climb? Are we going to let our dicks swing at the mall?
Dude not everyone rock crawls in their Wrangler. I am sure you enjoy swinging your big 2 inch at the mall but for traversing desert or similar terrain 392 is great idea. See Mojave version of the Gladiator.
Id ont rock clinb i need a vehcile to transverse various off road terrain quickly in all kinds of weather. Rock crawling just doesnt interest me.

Dave Apker

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you say that but talk to any owner of a f150 or anyone that has test drove a 2.7 and 5.0 back to back and I know a lot of people that wanted the v8 but chose the v6 because it felt better.
...especially at higher elevations.

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
...especially at higher elevations.
Depends on how you use your truck. Maybe on the interstate. and towing. Higher elevations arent an issue here in VA. Would interesting to know how wide a 7.3 is. If I am going turbo prefer a diesel.

Dave Apker

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends on how you use your truck. Maybe on the interstate. and towing. Higher elevations arent an issue here in VA. Would interesting to know how wide a 7.3 is. If I am going turbo prefer a diesel.

Dave Apker
full dimensions of popular engines
Note that all engines include intake and exhaust. No accessories.
dimensions are the size of a “crate” needed. Some blocks may be thinner on the bottom.
Ford Bronco Teaser: Jeep Wrangler might be getting a HEMI V8 6.4L 2E45CFFF-8C69-4C68-BBF0-8895C29EFFC0

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 5.7 liter Hemi is begging to go into a production Jeep, and what I’ve been waiting on since I sold my last JK. It’s what they should have added instead of the turbo 4. The diesel JL is so ridiculously overpriced I can’t see how anyone justifies it.
This is 100% what has stopped me from buying a Jeep. If they gave it the 5.7L I would be in line tomorrow.Frankly if Jeep goes V8 then so long Bronco I’m out.

I’ve wanted an open top Jeep that doesn’t sound like wet farts of turboGreenPeace4cylinders or nearly as bad 6 cylinder sounds ever since I drove a 1980s Jeep with a 360, open headers out the side and 4 speed on the floor. That sound is sex shifting through the gears.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.