Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Banned
As mentioned in this thread, https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...t-installed-on-big-bend-bronco-w-o-led.28729/ there's a couple of guys who swapped in sig lights to their Big Bend. I decided to do it also, and I bought two used signature headlights from ebay, one with control module and one without. If you look at the pics, the one in the upper part of the pic is missing the silver control module.

Since RDavis was able to just "plug and play", does that mean the factory control module on the standard Big Bend light will be usable as a control module on the missing one? Or do I need to find the same kind of control module that's on the complete sig headlight (in the lower part of the pic)?

I guess I could take out the factory light and see if the part number on the module matches the one on the sig light, but I might be able to avoid taking out a light just to look at a part number. I want to make sure I'm ready to put these in before I start taking my grill, etc off.

Ford Bronco Technical question about sig lighting install on Big Bend PXL_20220701_162656662
Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
The standard headlights don’t have that control module. Or if they do it’s different because there is no metal plate like signature or warthog lights.

Ford Bronco Technical question about sig lighting install on Big Bend B60B69A5-FA7E-4523-81DC-4283561ED3A2

Ford Bronco Technical question about sig lighting install on Big Bend 07EFB27B-FE04-4964-8074-6224E95C5F9B

83003A6C-B267-42D4-B4DF-D0DEF87296F0.jpeg

OP
OP
adrencg

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Banned
Thanks for the info.

I installed the passenger side (with control module intact) to check if it works. Surprisingly it was plug n play with daytime running lights working. I just need to find a module for the other side.

jz614

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the info.

I installed the passenger side (with control module intact) to check if it works. Surprisingly it was plug n play with daytime running lights working. I just need to find a module for the other side.
I have a Big Bend I am looking to put Sig lights on also…were you able to find a control module? If so, where? (and a part number would be super helpful too)
Thanks.

OP
OP
adrencg

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Banned
I have a Big Bend I am looking to put Sig lights on also…were you able to find a control module? If so, where? (and a part number would be super helpful too)
Thanks.
Here's a pic of mine from the first sig headlight I bought. This headlight works

I bought another headlight without the control module so I got one from a Ford parts dealer. That one was unprogrammed and even a Ford service department couldn't get it to work. I think that was mainly because the technician didn't know how to do it, but they say there was a problem with it.

I ended up having to buy a whole other headlight with the module intact. They pop up once in a while on Ebay.

Here's a link to just a module on Ebay, but this has a different part number than mine. Might be worth a shot for only $149. If you get in touch with Lakeland Ford parts, and run the part number by them they should be able to tell you whether or not it's valid. It's possible the part numbers are different between Badlands and Outer Banks (or any other trim level with Sig lights). The guy to talk to there is Kyle who is super-helpful. I won't post his direct email here, but if you private message me I'll give it to you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403836518731?hash=item5e0688414b:g:Tb0AAOSwuMRi-84h&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAsFNneA3SdeeiLsmLduC3ac/pEfT9bGILAOzABSMPrb+XljvKcp7mWkqWLTbk2km4rcINyX0R0fTtuGAhhkgGvTWYO92EGLew/mayJY3iaLVyfxzRf7zejqdnCiTBXHugmjsRyzbaqyzS1SS1RggQcRtSEr4e0nJXeG4XjHqJ31H+Y7kHZXG9QceApftn8IpX61GA4T0nG1W985OttDsmMGuyp1vTaMA3vzFavU2/eN9g|tkp:Bk9SR_Csn-PVYA

My advice to anyone wishing to install sig lights on their Bronco is to get one with a module intact. Without it, the light is useless unless you know how to program a fresh control module. Maybe it can only be done at the factory.

My lights works great now, but it was a little bit of an adventure to get there because I bought one without a module.

Ford Bronco Technical question about sig lighting install on Big Bend passenger side OEM headlight module (1)

Last edited:

Sponsored

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@adrencg What is your DRL situation like after the swap? Full intensity white halos and turn signals during the day?

OP
OP
adrencg

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Banned
During the day, DRL is full brightness. Turn signal turns off circle and uses cross bar for signal...I have seen some that leave the circle on, but I don't want to mess with FORSCAN to change that.
Sponsored