First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reserved BadLands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a 7/1 res holder, got pushed to 2022 so I went to dealer and finalized a 2022 badlands (green), MT, high package and roof rack. No other extras. Around 47k

I keep going back to, all I really want is a pure driving experience.
But I got sucked into the glam of the fancy cameras, washout flooring, fancy extra goat modes and that slick swaybar disconnect.

So here is where I'm wondering if I'm crazy because it's almost and obsession.

I keep building a base mansquatch (green), roof rack, aux switches, and floor liners.
Comes in around 38k.

Nearly 10k cheaper.

So I'm in a tailspin of is the badlands really 10k better? After the shinny newness fades away, all I will really care about is wheeling and overlanding.

The washout lining and seats sound great to me because I take my dogs with me everywhere, but I do that now in my cloth seat ranger.

It's not a money issue but who doesn't want to save some cash if they can.

Anyways I'm rambling. Just hoping I'm not alone and if anyone wants to weigh in I'd be happy to listen. Just wanted to get this off my chest.

Lastly I'm considering buying some base wheels or similar with some basic tires for everyday driving. If I change to base mansquatch.
Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd go with the base and spend that $10k on other toys (or mods)

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided I didn't want to regret anything. I went BL, 2.7, lux.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reserved BadLands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Resale some day, keep the Badlands
Resale is a massive point. I have high hopes someday they make v8 an option of man transmission.

Maybe I will wakeup and ford will have a vin for me and the decision is made. Ahahha

TiredOldMedic

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't know your age but I'm 61, retired, and figure this will last me the rest of my life as its not my daily driver so I went with Badlands, non sas, and Lux. I have only bought 3 new vehicles in my life prior to the Bronco the last one in 1997. Go for it! You only live once.

Sponsored

DW HOG

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was an Outer Banks 2 door, mid package , hate the wheels and tires. Would have to lay out 3 K to fix the tire and wheel issue. Said the hell with the whistles and bells and switched my order to a 2022 base ,Sas, with the acc. switches and roof rack. I’ll put on a Curt $103. hitch and some side steps and be happy. I’ll get the looks that I’m looking for. I’ll be saving about $7 K not having to change out the tires and wheels.

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Buying a vehicle and worrying about resale is silly to me, a vehicle is a terrible invest plus I'm buying for myself not for the next guy. If you go wheeling already and don't have a sway bar than honestly you will be fine I think lol sure nice to have but if you want to save 10k, than it's really not all that necessary if you have already been living without it. There is always a new gimmick and features you will always want to have, if it fits your bank then get your toys
Sponsored